Étienne Capoue Joins Spurs

Melanicus

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is true and he ends up at QPR/Aresnal, it goes to show incredibly inept our board are.

Our only experienced DM is at the ACON and young DM, Romeu, is out for the season. Lampard, Luiz and Ramires are not DMs. And if we're hell bent on 4-2-3-1, surely it makes sense to have more than two, true DMs?!

No value in January they say? £8-10m for this guy would be pretty good value in my book. Once he adapts, he'd be an improvement on Mikel in my eyes: just as strong with quicker movement and passing.

This guy would've been brilliant about 5 years ago especially, seems to have very good direct passing, and we where physical to move the ball up the pitch without needing space then.

I don't think this Barcelona thing will ever work in the premier league, i think we should go back to the old days, our play was much better.

This guy would've been brilliant about 5 years ago especially, seems to have very good direct passing, and we where physical to move the ball up the pitch without needing space then.

I don't think this Barcelona thing will ever work in the premier league, i think we should go back to the old days, our play was much better.

Exactly, playing like we used to play has brought us success against Barcelona - the team to beat. We are the only team they really hate to face.

Exactly, playing like we used to play has brought us success against Barcelona - the team to beat. We are the only team they really hate to face.

Bossing games, bullying teams and just plain out-muscling pretty much any team we faced...those were the days. :cry:

We could also play it on the ground when we wanted to as well, the perfect balance of skill and raw power! Like Essien at his peak, in a nutshell really!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We need to get a message out tobthe board somehow that if we want to boss a midfield and get the ballninto mata and hazard quickly this is the guy to do it

He's gone mate, PSG are pretty close to sign him up.

Sad though, we missed another quality signing >.<

• 1 month later...

I just saw today that the owner of his club said "he could leave this summer if a decent offer comes, a bit better that the one from QPR (12M€ so something like 10,5M £).

That would be a great bargain if we could sign him for something like 11M £ he's worth it!

Tbh De Rossi for 10m plus Wallace on loan is more beneficial for us in comparison to paying 11m for this guy. Capoue is a good player but hes not as good as De Rossi, not as experienced and hasn't been tested on grander stages (world cups, european championships, champions league etc). Also Wallace will get playing time at Roma I'd hope so yeah. Could be a very beneficial deal.

One winner for me, De Rossi all day.

Tbh De Rossi for 10m plus Wallace on loan is more beneficial for us in comparison to paying 11m for this guy. Capoue is a good player but hes not as good as De Rossi, not as experienced and hasn't been tested on grander stages (world cups, european championships, champions league etc). Also Wallace will get playing time at Roma I'd hope so yeah. Could be a very beneficial deal.

One winner for me, De Rossi all day.

Capoué is a ball-winner, not a DLP. Completely different types of DMs, so no point in comparing.

They would best be used alongside one another in my opinion. One dictates the play, while the other does more of the dirty work.

+ Copoué is only 24.

Capoué is a ball-winner, not a DLP. Completely different types of DMs, so no point in comparing.

They would best be used alongside one another in my opinion. One dictates the play, while the other does more of the dirty work.

+ Copoué is only 24.

De Rossi is hardly a playmaker though, hes a bit of both. He can play accurate long passes from deep but hes not exactly Xabi Alonso. Hes a ball winner as well.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You