How many games you missed in 2011/2012

I'm really interested to see how much other members follow when Chelsea play. I watched all of our games along with full pre season minus the Wycomobe game that wasn't broadcasted and the only game I missed was the Newcastle game we lost 0-2. I couldn't watch it when it was live, but wanted to download the full game once I got home. A friend at school told me the result not knowing I didn't watch it (since you don't expect someone who almost never misses the game to actually miss one) so I just watched the highlights.

Let's hear ya!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- All of pre-season

- 14 of 38 PL games

- All League Cup games (3 from 3)

- 4 of 7 FA Cup games

- 2 of 13 CL games

So, I missed 30 out of 68 games.

I should elaborate that I, by default, had to miss most of our games from August to January. I was studying between August and November for my end of school exams, and then I went overseas until early January.

Including the preseason I only missed Wycombe, Everton (League Cup), Portsmouth (FA Cup) and Stoke (home game in the league). First three weren't even televised anywhere and the Stoke one I missed because I was on a flight to Düsseldorf at the time.

During Everton and Portsmouth matches I sat on my computer though, listening to the live commentary on ChelseaTV so do they even count here? ;)

CL - Leverkusen and Genk home games since CL games are at 4am here and I can't afford to stay up sometimes if I have work the next day

League Cup - Missed all except the Liverpool one. They only show 1 League Cup game every matchday here

FA Cup - Portsmouth

Premiership - I think I only missed the Spurs home game

Didn't miss a single game that was broadcast! And i live on the other side of the globe. Watched all pre season (except Wycombe), FA cup that were broadcast on Setanta or online, Carling cup and champions league matches which start between 4:45am daylight saving times and 6:45am other times and usually run until at least 9:00am some times.. (lucky I'm self employed) Never lost faith in the boys..

League Cup: None

FA Cup: Home game against Portsmouth (Wasn't televised anywhere)

Champions League: None

Premier League: Tottenham at home (Sister's engagement party) and the final match against Blackburn (also wasn't televised here).

EDIT: And the Wycombe game in pre-season obviously.

Thought I was going to miss a game over new years but I didn't and have not missed a game in over 7 seasons. Obviously the Wycombe game I couldn't watch but I listened on the radio and when ever there is no game broadcasted I listen on the radio. Also saw all the Youth cup games and a few reserves.

Wycomobe and the Newcastle loss, too.

Watched literally every other game. Still raging about the 3-1 loss to Man Utd though.

TWO of their goals were offside (Nani received the ball offside, before cutting in and shooting that great goal), while Smalling was offside before he headed in that goal, yet not a SINGLE pundit acknowledged this to my knowledge.

We should have gotten 1 point from that game.

Shoulda got the 3 points too when we drew 3-3, considering they only deserved one penalty.

GRR. Hate them.

I missed quite a few games because of work and being in Philippines for a month but all unavoidable. They don't even know what Football is over there and finding an internet connection with quality to play a stream perfectly was impossible where i was staying. Also they are 8 hours ahead of us so yeah, all those combined was tricky. I did try tho, watched the Liverpool home game but it kept freezing, none more-so that when Johnson was about to shoot it froze for about 1 minute then i noticed we were 2-1 down. I was fuming and felt like crying. Then we kept losing!

Put it this way, if i can watch the game, i will watch it.

I don't remember this kind of stuff. I'm sure I missed some, have no idea which ones though. Oh, one that I remember is the Napoli 2nd leg game, I was without internet that day. Was gutted and happy at the same time after seeing the result. Also the Arsenal game where Bertrand played, don't remember why, but most likely reason was that I overslept. I managed to watch majority of games though.