RDM Out

Shane

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RDM OUT!, Y WE NOT WIN 3-0 IN FINAL?, WHATS YOUR GAME MATE?, NO REALLY WHATS YOUR GAME, PENALITES, R U SERIOUS?, R U ACTUALLY SERIOUS?, THAT FUCKIN SUCKS MATE, WHO GIVES A SHIT IF ITS PENALTIES, YOU NO WIN CL FINAL PROPERLY, U DISGRACE TO ABRAMOVIC

RDM OUT!, Y WE NOT WIN 3-0 IN FINAL?, WHATS YOUR GAME MATE?, NO REALLY WHATS YOUR GAME, PENALITES, R U SERIOUS?, R U ACTUALLY SERIOUS?, THAT FUCKIN SUCKS MATE, WHO GIVES A SHIT IF ITS PENALTIES, YOU NO WIN CL FINAL PROPERLY, U DISGRACE TO ABRAMOVIC

As I have said to you before Sloth, I'm never sure when you're serious or trolling :(

I don't think they will

And for anyone thats about to bash me, Its a bit of fun, nothing meant by this thread, its the offseason and there is nothing to talk about (Apart from Spurs losing 'Arry and probably Modric Bale and VDV)

Well... might as well make a "Torres out" thread instead of this one. :lol:

If torres doesn't start scoring next season, then it wont alter my view on RDM in the slightest... Legend of the club and unlike the dickhead who used to be liverpool manager our club legend has won us some serious silverware as a manager.

I think Rdm will give enough chance to young players (Ryan, Danny, Bruyne,...) if they will prove. Now Drogba is gone, Hazard came and we will need new style. Im sure Robby is not defensive type of coach, but our team forced him. I think we will play Ancelotti style, lot of fast counters, creative play and strong defence. With 4:2:3:1 formation.

Currently we need only very good RW and young RB, that can start as sub. Possibly some 10-20mio midfielder would be good for backup.

now the thing is, does rdm have an attacking philosophy that he will implement next season? because surely, the 4-2-3-1 counter will not work even with Hazard on the wing imo. we will find it hard to break down mid table opponents due to the limited number of players attacking in that formation. we should have a dynamic formation so that mata has more people to pick out. if rdm can implement a new formation, then i think he has a shot of cementing the managerial position.

Its not hard to see this topic getting serious during the season. Just saying...lol

You also think so ? I might shock but I wasn't especially happy with Di Matteo's appointment. He's an icon at Chelsea and I don't want to damage that image if we have to sack him during the season.

He didn't changed that much things to be honest: he came to some elementary basics in terms of team organisation: pressing, mutual covering, team balance (Mikel) and direct support for Torres (Mata definitely central and not leaving his wing position anymore). The dynamic he managed to launch if we can see it like that was mainly due to the whole club's (players, staff, board) ability to touch the FA Cup and the Champions League within easy reach (just some rounds left before the final).

Those preparations were perfect for a club who aims a Cup, not a Championship. There was the same lack of everything under Villas Boas than under Di Matteo in Premier League

Of course, we can point to facts such as the schedule (2 or 3 games every week, not really time to change things drastically) and of course the achievements. But for me it's not enough to pretend to lead the club for a whole season.

We can etablish a list long as an arm of the teams who ended well the season after replacing the manager by his assistant. The process is quite simple: you make every player focused again, you change what went wrong tactically with a new approach (it's different of when someone from the outside is signed as the replacement, in the case of the assistant's appointment the main thing changing is internal communication)

I just try to be the more pragmatic as I can, the definition of a championship is that there's 2 or 3 teams only able to win it. It's impossible to aim at the start of the season to win a cup. The Champions League is a mix between the two: 7 or 8 teams can pretend to win it, it's impossible to name less than 5 teams in September. It might be bizarre but I'm not satisfied by that when I know Di Matteo will lead the team for a whole season

There's no secret in Football, building on unexpected success rarely leads to a situation of dominance the years after

I've a huge respect for what Di Matteo represents for Chelsea FC but I've also big doubts about his managerial abilities. His career is short, he left on a high at MK Dons considering he arrived after Martin Allen and Paul Ince, he left after one year and a failure to gain promotion via the play offs (so we don't know how he would have handle a second season).

At WBA it was interesting on his 1st season because he gave the impression he could end the season as 1st during the winter. The start of the next season was based to the enormous dynamic of the season before (something like 5 or 6 game lost in a whole Championship season). But things went wrong and he didn't manage to change anything. Though Hodgson showed in 3 weeks that the matter wasn't nor physical nor due to the lack of quality of the squad.

At Chelsea Villas Boas was even forced to justify his utility (It's not usual to see that sort of statement about an assistant) during the season.

I've a pressentiment based of Di Matteo's apparent inability to handle moments where he's back to the wall and he has to change things. The only thing I want is to avoid a 10 games unwinning streak before an eventual sacking. That's why I also don't want Zola as a manager in the near future, I'm far from convinced by his managerial abilities.

Chelsea lasted almost one month to announce that Di Matteo becomes the permanent manager. A real will to keep him would have been materialized in the week after the CL win. But it lasted one month to announce he has a 2 year contract, probably with a release clause based on objectives after one year

Ancelotti's contract renewing after the double seemed evident and the club acted that way, Di Matteo's one does not appear as clear as spring water. It's not without a meaning for me.

Of course, Di Matteo won the CL, he deserves to lead the team at least for one year considering the targets such as Capello, Guardiola etc.. aren't available at the moment. Everything seems clear that if it's not next season it will be the next one that we'll se a big fish as manager.

*snipped*

That's too good a post to remain in a topic that will not be taken seriously by the majority of the forum until at least half-way through the season.

I mostly echo your concerns but am content since as you said he deserves the job and the alternatives were uninspiring.

He took over a team in crisis midway through the season. No one would attempt to play attacking football in a situation like that, you'd want to improve the confidence a bit by keeping a few clean sheets. Not conceding is more important than scoring in that situation.