New CM? Or stick with Mikel and Lamps

Mustafa

Bring in Fellani and we have enough centre midfielders imo.

Yep agree wholeheartedly!

However can people just share way they think of Ramires in that role? Is he reliable or hampered or fit for that, I personally have doubt but not sure what consensus is here

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring in Fellani and we have enough centre midfielders imo.

disagree. fellaini, essien, mikel, meireles and romeu will all be CDM's. that means its just lamps (and josh) in the creative CM position. the schemer in the mid was our main problem last season. look at how pirlo's passes helped italy counter against spain. we do need a schemer in mid and if we don't get one, we will all be regretting it by december.

options -

1. Yohan Cabaye - history with hazard, deep lying, creative, good right foot, prem league experience

2. joao moutinho - portuguese modric although no experience in the prem league

3. nuri sahin ( as ss mentioned) - if added, he should be given time to develop and must be nothin more than a squad player

1. Yohan Cabaye - history with hazard, deep lying, creative, good right foot, prem league experience

3. nuri sahin ( as ss mentioned) - if added, he should be given time to develop and must be nothin more than a squad player

agree with them, but its gett'n quite around moutinho, Cabaye is a very nice choice from you, I like him, nur sahin is for the future at RMFC and not for sale, like they've often stated.

I would like to thro Etienne capoue into the frame, I really like him, or may be KPB, when I wanted him three years ago ppl where bashing me for stateing so, but he is topclass and showed so at ACMilan, he has done tremendously well there...

agree with them, but its gett'n quite around moutinho, Cabaye is a very nice choice from you, I like him, nur sahin is for the future at RMFC and not for sale, like they've often stated.

I would like to thro Etienne capoue into the frame, I really like him, or may be KPB, when I wanted him three years ago ppl where bashing me for stateing so, but he is topclass and showed so at ACMilan, he has done tremendously well there...

Boateng is a bit too forward thinking imo. We have to play the creative midfielder in the double pivot so that mata doesn't have to drop deep to spread the ball. now we will have the option of using both wingers to spread the play wide (i didn't consider kalou a winger last season)

They play once a week, and usually come on from the bench, they rotate a lot. They do not play constantly all the time, and they don't play as DM's, Lampard in the double pivot he has to do a lot of work, Scholes doesn't even do that much work anymore and he used to, Giggs goes usually wherever he pleases, he goes about the field.

Again, your comparing 38 year olds to a 34 year old. And once a week for Chelsea is about 35-40 games which is exactly what Lampard should be playing.. Lampard played 49 games last season and was effective. Nobody is saying that Lampard should play every single game. You keep arguing something that nobody is saying when originally you said that Lampard should be a squad player which you can't defend because it's a ludicrous assertion based not on performance or likely performance but just Lampard's age. And defensive midfield does do a lot of work, but it actually does less running than some positions. The way Lampard used to play, truly box to box on almost every play is much more tiring.

YEAH GOOD JOKE THAT!

Lampard was awful till RDM came, and he was on form when RDM took over. He's 34, losing his stamina, he clearly isn't going to be as consistent. Great logic that like lad, because he's going to give the exact same stats next season aint he, people don't age i guess, age is just a number that's why your girlfriend is probably 9, and your 80 tryna bungee jump.

If a manager has logic then he wouldn't start Lampard next season, he's getting old and for his position he will have to do way too much consistently every week.

s668if.jpg

disagree. fellaini, essien, mikel, meireles and romeu will all be CDM's. that means its just lamps (and josh) in the creative CM position. the schemer in the mid was our main problem last season. look at how pirlo's passes helped italy counter against spain. we do need a schemer in mid and if we don't get one, we will all be regretting it by december.

options -

This is the thing people need to distinguish!!!!

We don't got that sort of creativity till Lampard start doing that role. We where all hoping Josh can fit in, but he ain't nowhere near the map.

Can't get into Swansea, can't get into our team. Can't rely on him this season.

It will take a couple of seasons to get in like Ryan.

Now that we got Hazard to interchange with Mata in the wings and the hole, we need that deep-lying playmaker.

Notice we got Meirles as plan C after Modric, because Meireles was thought to fit that role...a bit.

But now that we are trying to improve our squad, that should be our next target.

If we can't get Modric, then a player like Cabaye as you mention will be great.

But for playing the intricate, 4-2-3-1 formation we need a deep-lying playmaker to play next to the CDM.

John Michael Nchekwube Obinna; "The Most Under-appreciated Chelsea Player".....I appreciate your work man and i know you own the double pivot post and RDM hasn't been as blind as some on here who label you a "huge risk", at just 25 and played out of natural position; the reason why people get some mad as you is because they watched the "GREATEST PLAYER AT THAT POSITION" ever play in the blue shirt and they wont stop comparing you to him and when people call Josh the "English Xavi" , Piazon "next Kaka" or Lukaku "the next Drogba" it is too much expectations to put on a youngster, but you my friend have been constantly compared to Maka from the age of 19....You have done good brother, because even those that call you a "risk" cannot name 5 proven players at 25 that has done it year in year out like you....Stay strong bro, some of us know your true worth....

How many of us think Mikel is one of the most underrated holding midfielders? I really rate him as a midfielder, his distribution is brilliant, holds the ball up well and breaks up play differently. When people looked at Mikel as a weak link, many of these views are enhanced by the media. But now his game has totally improved, hence why RDM chose him as his preferred holding mid in the team, whereas AVB seemed to lose interest. I thought he was excellent in the FA Cup final and Champiions League wins. If it wasnt for the media I am sure people would be talking about Mikel as one of the best in his positions

Again, your comparing 38 year olds to a 34 year old. And once a week for Chelsea is about 35-40 games which is exactly what Lampard should be playing.. Lampard played 49 games last season and was effective. Nobody is saying that Lampard should play every single game. You keep arguing something that nobody is saying when originally you said that Lampard should be a squad player which you can't defend because it's a ludicrous assertion based not on performance or likely performance but just Lampard's age. And defensive midfield does do a lot of work, but it actually does less running than some positions. The way Lampard used to play, truly box to box on almost every play is much more tiring.

That's where you're wrong about everything though, did Henrique say that you can play as a CM?, NO HE NEVER!. He told me that i can play as a CM and we don't need any new players.

options -

Is it necessary for a team to always have a deep-lying creative midfielder? Granted its a good option, but even one player playing further forward with vision can provide solutions to unlock defenses. Plus, I don't expect us to continue playing with a double pivot in midfield for the whole of next season.

With all these playmaker who cant realy defend (Mata, Hazard, Marin, new RW), we need stronger CMs, not neccesary to creative, but just they need to pass well and defend. Attack has become more creative, but less defensive and midfield should be strenghten. We have Mata and Hazard, we dont need another deep lying playmaker, ala Modric, but just someone who can pass the ball well and defend (Schweini style).

Javi Martinez, Johan Cabaye or Witsel along with Mikel.

Or wait sometime for De Bruyne, we could play Lampard half of games (more important ones) , while other half to play Kevin. First wait to see him in preseason, then we should turn him into our new creative CM. He can pass, shot, dribble and eventualy, he will learn to defend (like Lamps, I am sure Bruyne can defend like Modric, but needs to evolve a bit).

Yep Yep infact i watched all of Chelsea's games this season ...

Then how can you say that Mikel is not looking reliable enough (referring to your first post on this topic)?

He played his role in the midfield without too much fuss under Di Matteo...and he's the best DM we have at the moment..considering Romeu is fairly young/still learning & Essien is past it.

With all these playmaker who cant realy defend (Mata, Hazard, Marin, new RW), we need stronger CMs, not neccesary to creative, but just they need to pass well and defend. Attack has become more creative, but less defensive and midfield should be strenghten. We have Mata and Hazard, we dont need another deep lying playmaker, ala Modric, but just someone who can pass the ball well and defend (Schweini style).

Javi Martinez, Johan Cabaye or Witsel along with Mikel.

Or wait sometime for De Bruyne, we could play Lampard half of games (more important ones) , while other half to play Kevin. First wait to see him in preseason, then we should turn him into our new creative CM. He can pass, shot, dribble and eventualy, he will learn to defend (like Lamps, I am sure Bruyne can defend like Modric, but needs to evolve a bit).

Watching Netherlands vs Germany, I can see what you mean with Bastian.

Bastian is a good DM, but also creative, difference then Khedira.

Out of all those names you mention, it looks to me like Javi Martines is the closes that can fulfill this role.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You