New CM? Or stick with Mikel and Lamps

Mustafa

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Lampard looking weaker by the day and John Obi Mikel still not looking reliable enough ... should we get a new CM/DM or should we stick with Mikel and Lamps ?

_42421155_lampard_getty416.jpg

Weaker by the day? Lampard got better as the season went on and Mikel was excellent in the 4-2-3-1. We'll need someone to replace Lampard eventually, but I can see someone being bought next season and being worked into the lineup.

Weaker by the day? Lampard got better as the season went on and Mikel was excellent in the 4-2-3-1. We'll need someone to replace Lampard eventually, but I can see someone being bought next season and being worked into the lineup.

To be honest the whole squad got better towards the end of the season because of RDM... but I dont think Obi Mikel can do what Essien could once do and what Makelele made his name doing! And if Lampard is to stay, we need a reliable player alongside him to shield our back four because with Lampard's attacking intent, he'll be going forward a lot and the opposition can hit us on the break and thats where Mikel will have to be responsible.

Modric for the Lampard role!

....well that is the new role Lampard is currently occupying of deep-lying playmaker.

Espeically if he is going for 25 mill.

It annoys me when people thought that Lampard can fulfill that role all for next season aswell, Lampard needs to be a squad player from now on, it would be interesting to see him coming on as Cam now and then also, we know he can get goals in those positions.

To be honest the whole squad got better towards the end of the season because of RDM... but I dont think Obi Mikel can do what Essien could once do and what Makelele made his name doing! And if Lampard is to stay, we need a reliable player alongside him to shield our back four because with Lampard's attacking intent, he'll be going forward a lot and the opposition can hit us on the break and thats where Mikel will have to be responsible.

The entire squad didn't get better. Sturridge was much worse under RDM and Mata was better under AVB as well. Ramires, Lampard, and Mikel improved under RDM. Most of the rest of the players were about the same. Lampard was one of our best players last season. We have to transition him out, but to get a guy to play instead of him next year would be insulting and counter-productive and Ramires and Mikel as our back 2 would be giving up way too much in terms of ball movement and creativity. Lampard played 49 matches last season. Let him rest a little more this season and play in maybe 40 matches to keep him fresh. He'll still be an effective player. (Paul Scholes is 4 years older than Lampard and is still a good player). The idea that we need to replace Lampard immediately is ludicrous. He could easily have 2-3 more seasons as an excellent player. Mikel, I think it depends on the system. In the 4-3-3, he moves the ball a little too slowly. In the 4-2-3-1, he's amazing. Just hi-lights, yet again the problem with doing your transfers without a coach in place.

We need more quality there imo. Lampard though great under RDM last season, as ElNinoProdz pointed out the entire squad stepped it up quite a few notches. There aren't any guarantees he (and Mikel) can continue the same form for an entire season now. And he is getting older, so whether it be this season, or next season we'll have to bring someone of real quality in.

Essien is utterly past it and Meireles is an average player who will do an okay-ish job when called upon from the bench/against lesser teams.

The entire squad didn't get better. Sturridge was much worse under RDM and Mata was better under AVB as well.

Sturridge had been poor since December. He got an injury around the Tottenham (A) game and was never the same since then even though he got a couple of goals (Spurs, Birmingham). AVB kept playing him, while RDM dropped him and used Kalou

Espeically if he is going for 25 mill.

It annoys me when people thought that Lampard can fulfill that role all for next season aswell, Lampard needs to be a squad player from now on, it would be interesting to see him coming on as Cam now and then also, we know he can get goals in those positions.

Exactly, let's take out maybe our best player ever who tied us for first in goals and was third in assists in the league last season and who played better as the season went on and just put make him a squad player. Not because he's not effective but simply because he's 34. Yeah, makes lots of sense.

Exactly, let's take out maybe our best player ever who tied us for first in goals and was third in assists in the league last season and who played better as the season went on and just put make him a squad player. Not because he's not effective but simply because he's 34. Yeah, makes lots of sense.

YEAH GOOD JOKE THAT!

Lampard was awful till RDM came, and he was on form when RDM took over. He's 34, losing his stamina, he clearly isn't going to be as consistent. Great logic that like lad, because he's going to give the exact same stats next season aint he, people don't age i guess, age is just a number that's why your girlfriend is probably 9, and your 80 tryna bungee jump.

If a manager has logic then he wouldn't start Lampard next season, he's getting old and for his position he will have to do way too much consistently every week.

Mikel is a big risk.

The likes of Romeu, McEachran, Meireles should be good enough as rotation players.

I still think Tiote would be a solid addition to our midfield...because we don't have a class DM at the moment.

Yohan Cabaye

Esteban Granero

Nuri Sahin

Javi Martinez

Adding any of those four to the Lamps - Mikel partnership, will make me happy.

Cabaye & Martinez would be awesome...not too sure about Granero..he's not consistent enough.

As for Sahin, there were rumours that AC Milan are trying to sign him on-loan..

Mikel is a big risk.

The likes of Romeu, McEachran, Meireles should be good enough as rotation players.

I still think Tiote would be a solid addition to our midfield...because we don't have a class DM at the moment.

Cabaye & Martinez would be awesome...not too sure about Granero..he's not consistent enough.

As for Sahin, there were rumours that AC Milan are trying to sign him on-loan..

Granero is pretty good, he reminds me of a lightweight Xabi Alonso. José prefers him to Sahin, anyway.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You