Eden Hazard

the wes

The way he won the free-kick from which Mata scored was amazing, totally humiliated Rooney. Does it count as an assist? Since it does if you won a penalty, then it should if you won the FK too.

It counts in Fantasy Football anyway.

Rooney looked clumsy in front of our man. Hazard and Ben Arfa are the best dribblers in EPL.

That last run was exactly what we needed at the end when we were down to 9 men. Needed someone who can be direct and run with the ball at pace at United. Couldn't understand why RDM took him off really.

Me neither.

Probably Eden was burned out, he was bursting at full speed in a large portion of the match.

We had no striker upfront. Of course RDM is going to put on a striker when we're a goal down.

As said earlier, RDM could have brought Mikel off instead of Hazard. We were already losing 3-2 then. Conceding one more wouldn't make much of a difference at all.

He's like a player you edit on football manager when i once cheated, it's like when you put the player all the way up and forget to put his flair up.

That's one thing he seems to lack a bit, flair, he has a lot of moments where he doesn't seem to do anything with his skill if you know what i mean. He plays it safe more than he gambles, which is unusual for someone like that. I've never known anyone so young also, to have so much skill and be so patient with it, he's like the Belgian Terminator who has been programmed.

Obviously it has it's benefits, that means Hazard wont be as wasteful as he could be.

However i wouldn't have it any other way, because we have Oscar and Mata for that, where Hazard is there to play it safer. It's good not to be one dimensional.

We need to see a bit more of that quick feet and shot combos from the game vs Utd, also a few of these wouldn't be too much to ask for surely!!

(first goal)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYiSN0SS7UU

Aye, but he seems to be more of a team player, it's strange just as i was saying, for someone with his talent at his age, he really is one of a kind how he's matured.

People like Hulk who have huge talent, they constantly gamble, that's why Hulk scores glorious goals and does great things, Hulk is a great player, but he's also VERY wasteful, and you really hate him when he's playing bad.

Where as Hazard isn't wasteful, but he does tend to not to take players on sometimes, even though he can he likes to sit back and wait and be patient. Very clever player, and very unusual, I learned something new about him, when watching him previouly i thought he was overrated, but he tends to work for the team all the time and do his duty for the team.

Aye, but he seems to be more of a team player, it's strange just as i was saying, for someone with his talent at his age, he really is one of a kind how he's matured.

People like Hulk who have huge talent, they constantly gamble, that's why Hulk scores glorious goals and does great things, Hulk is a great player, but he's also VERY wasteful, and you really hate him when he's playing bad.

Where as Hazard isn't wasteful, but he does tend to not to take players on sometimes, even though he can he likes to sit back and wait and be patient. Very clever player, and very unusual, I learned something new about him, when watching him previouly i thought he was overrated, but he tends to work for the team all the time and do his duty for the team.

Yeah all the bullshit about him not working for the national team is crazy, he works his arse off for us in terms of pressing and battling with opposition midfielders/defenders. The tackle on Rooney was an example. I'd like to see him be that little bit more risky though and run past 4 or 5 challenges or at least try to some times. Still playing exceptional right now.

Forgive me saying so Kojo, but you seem to have a very strange understanding of the concept flair. The general consensus seems to be that Hazard has flair in abundance. Hence why a lot of the neutrals love watching him play and he gets a lot of plaudits. Every time a ball is played into Hazard there is a sense of expectation, that in the blink of an eye you could miss something great. (eg. the pass to Mata vs Tottenham) Then there are the little flicks and tricks he does all the time, dinking the ball forward with the side of his foot to the striker etc. And then there is a certain elegance in the way he handles the ball and acts on the pitch. See the contrast with Rooney last sunday, no technical slouch we can agree. Everything with Hazard looks effortless while Rooney has a more labouring style.

Flair is not the same as constantly turning and taking oppossing players on, that's being direct.

I'm still a bit baffled by the people who misjudged the type of player Hazard is. He's not a player like Ronaldo or Messi that will go on a scoring spree. Nor is he a winger like Sanchez. He's an offensive playmaker that has the ability to draw players to him, eliminate some and play someone else in. At Lille he had consecutive seasons topping the charts in pass completion and passes given in the oppossing half. He was the main focal point of the team, dictating their style and the pace at which they played. A feat he earned praise for from Zidane. If Lille needed a breath or were holding onto a lead he would drop deeper and encourage the team to hold possession of the ball. A feat that this new Chelsea has still to manage, with the type of players Chelsea should be defending more by holding onto possession. And if a difference should be made he would pick up the ball and run at the oppossition comitting defenders to him and playing in his freed up teammates.

Now at Chelsea we've only seen glimpses of that where he stepped up. He's still playing a lot in the margins in of the game. He's getting a lot less of the ball then at Lille. Chelsea does have a lot less possession of the ball then Lille did last seasons. Add the fact that there are a lot more of quality players combined while he still has a little lack of confindence to impose himself more. So there is definitly a lot more to come from him and if Chelsea stays in the championship race until march then there is a genuine great chance for a prize. Since those 3 last months of the season have always been the time where Hazard has stepped up a notch and delivered phenomenal performances week after week.