Eden Hazard

the wes

Well how can they afford that much money to spend? If they can, so can we...

True, hope this happens but Abramovich has spent plenty in the past and maybe he wants to reign in his spending a bit. I don't expect City to go wild in the Transfer window. Maybe 2 signings (Hazard and a Defender), possibly 3 depending on the Tevez situation.

Well how can they afford that much money to spend? From where? If it goes through sheikh personaly money, they cant spend it, because they are even in bigger debts than us. If they can, so can we...And Abramovich still has plenty of money to spend on players, I guess.

Are you saying that we can match city in the market? No, I believe we can't match City's wage offers. They are on crazy payrolls which would get them in trouble if the sheikh suddenly resigned and cut money supplies. Back when we started we offered unmatched salaries too. Hell, even now we are on some insane payrolls, but nowhere near city.

That's exactly what other clubs' fans said when we did the same. It's kind of hypocritical for a Chelsea fan to say that. Nevertheless, some of the "moneyhunting cunts" have lived to become legends here, most notably Drogba. True, we never spent such amounts of money, but by those times standards, it was practically the same as City today (unmatched, dominating the market, luring players with financial reassurances). The more pleasing it is to see that City haven't been able to replicate or outdo Chelsea's achievements, it proves that for a brief moment we got things right, then went into a downward spiral.. you can barely notice City's upward spiral, constantly failing in their endeavours and all.

Actually Drogba never wanted to move to Chelsea.

Drogba: “I was disgusted. I realised that signing for Chelsea was disgusting. It’s hard to explain,” “It’s hard to understand because most of all, people see the financial side, or even the sporting side. But I simply wasn’t happy.” “I even did some things that were almost absurd, in order not to go to Chelsea, such as during the medical…Going to the hospital in Paris, I was praying they would find a problem with my knee, or a problem with anything so the move would collapse.”

Actually Drogba never wanted to move to Chelsea.

Drogba: “I was disgusted. I realised that signing for Chelsea was disgusting. It’s hard to explain,” “It’s hard to understand because most of all, people see the financial side, or even the sporting side. But I simply wasn’t happy.” “I even did some things that were almost absurd, in order not to go to Chelsea, such as during the medical…Going to the hospital in Paris, I was praying they would find a problem with my knee, or a problem with anything so the move would collapse.”

He said that? He was disgusted probably because he was persuaded to join by his agent for money and he didn't want to leave Marseille, a place he probably became fond of.

A player like Hazard being available on the market this summer is a massive plus for us. He has already said he wants to come to England and reportedly all the top teams want him.

Whilst they play tug-of-war to get him, we have the opportunity to pick up other targets hopefully at a very good price because of the lack of competition for his signature.

Yes, Hazard is a fantastic talent, but he is not the only excellent player out there of his ilk, yet because of the exposure he has received he will be one of the most expensive both in terms of transfer fee and wages. There is also no guarantee that he will settle in England or reach his undoubted potential. Not even buying proven premiership players can guarantee success.

I trust that the board this summer will buy the players to improve our squad. IMO this won't include Hazard but we may unearth a gem who proves every bit as effective as Hazard for a fraction of the price. Have faith people.

Alot of ppl are wondering how are we going to match FFP but what about city ?Their situation is like 2x worse, their academy is shi te,their total revenue is low and the wages are skyhigh.There's absolutely no way for them to meet FFP if they continue like they do, so i dont expect big transfers for them.

Owner: Roman Abramovich

Value: $761 million

Revenue: $362 million

Operating income: $76 million

Owner: Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan

Value: $443 million

Revenue: $246 million

Operating income: -$123 million

-123million What a pathetic club they are.

What if he comes to watch the finals at Munich and we win?...What are people gonna say then?....Take a chill pill guys, we have enough time to go crazy when the window opens and the "Hazard Saga 2012" begins, and trust me its gonna be an interesting nasty one cos a lot of fans will end up hurt, just secretly praying cfc fans will be the only ones smiling at the end..

Alot of ppl are wondering how are we going to match FFP but what about city ?Their situation is like 2x worse, their academy is shi te,their total revenue is low and the wages are skyhigh.There's absolutely no way for them to meet FFP if they continue like they do, so i dont expect big transfers for them.

They've signed a stadium name deal with Etihad which is owned by their sheik's brother. 400 mln pounds. They don't have anything to worry about.

They've signed a stadium name deal with Etihad which is owned by their sheik's brother. 400 mln pounds. They don't have anything to worry about.

Didn't UEFA say they were investigating that deal?

We can do just the same then with one of Abramovic's firms and don't bother for FFP forever..What a cheats.

City bypassed the FFP, by finding a loophole. The most insane thing about the Etihad deal, is that they are 'essentially' sponsoring themselfs, it's the same family.

City bypassed the FFP, by finding a loophole. The most insane thing about the Etihad deal, is that they are 'essentially' sponsoring themselfs, it's the same family.

A lot of clubs have voiced their complaints to UEFA under this deal. If UEFA don't prevent it, I can see a huge amount of loopholes used to bypass these rules, possibly us included.

How long is the stadium deal? 10 years? Even so, £40m a year still won't get them into operating profit.

A lot of clubs have voiced their complaints to UEFA under this deal. If UEFA don't prevent it, I can see a huge amount of loopholes used to bypass these rules, possibly us included.

How long is the stadium deal? 10 years? Even so, £40m a year still won't get them into operating profit.

5 years from what I recall.

@edit: nope, you were right, 10 years.

won't get them into operating profit? they're gonna earn money in other ways too and having 40m a year to spend is like 2 good players.

remember the commercial and tv profits, qualiyfing for CL (20+ m) and other deals.