Eden Hazard

the wes

My worry is that he will grow here, as he has, and then move elsewhere for the glory the way Ronaldo did.

The people he playing with, in the front, are not good enough. He wouldnt want to waste his prime playing next to Oscar and Willian. Or even spending all his energy running back at full speed to make sure his back has cover. He does not have to do this if he does not want.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame him at all.

friendly reminder that he is a professional football player, not you and your friends choosing who's going to play to who in your street football match...

******************************************************************************************************************************************

Eden, who's a father of two, at age 24 and way more mature than the average here, said many times he's happy to stay and wants to stay at Chelsea. The guy is very humble and he's always saying great words about his teammates and always restating how he has to help the midfielders, the strikers and the defenders. There's no self-entitlement on him, he's an amazing player and seemingly an even better man. the plastic, bratty, glory hunters may think he wants or needs better places, better teammates and that he's above defending. But the commitment, humbleness, loyalty, camaraderie and team work spirit I see at this boy are impressive and not easy to find, especially someone his age (as shown by some of the comments in this very page).

All that said - my perspective, not his - I think he deserves better players by his side... he's left alone to save the day every frigging time - although I thought Costa was good today and Cesc has been also very good for us.

I know there are a lot of reasons for bitching about that awful performance... but even more reasons to praise how immense he's been for us this season. He's getting better and better each game, he's owning everyone on his way, his confidence, drive, motivation, fight, are skyrocketing.

He's taking matters into his hands and just exploding.

I feel like his first two seasons here, his best game will come around February and if he's already unstoppable now, I can only imagine then.

It never ceases to amaze me how wonderful he is and what he's capable of. Best player in the league by a lead.

No can't blame him for not signing an extension. There are a few players in this team that are not even close to his level. We have a well balanced team with very good players in every position but only a few of those are worldclass, none of our attackers is. You would not see guys on the level of Oscar, Willian, Brana or Cahill anywhere near the starting lineup of Real Madrid (oscar might have the excuse of his tender age). If better players would have saved us today, I don't know but replace some of our fringe players with guys like Hummels or Reus we would probably be still a fair amount of points above City. Hazard is the level we should aim for. We might not be a club of the size of real Madrid but we should fight to keep him and not surrender to the notion of losing him to RM. We have the money to offer him the same salary, we compete for the biggest titles. All what it takes is for the club to show the ambition go in for the very top players. True we don't have the same funds Real or Bayern have, but no club generates so much income through one fees and player trading as us. We should establish more club cooperations and trade an army of loanees every year.

Oscar is 23; he's not some 15-year-old prospect (even if he is built like one). He doesn't have the ability to sniff the Madrid bench let alone get in their team. We've overrated him for long enough, it's time to stop kidding ourselves.

Twice more people viewing Frank's thread than Hazard's according to the forum main page.

Why do I feel saddened by it? Let the liar, SOB have the recognition and attention he deserves (zero), let's forget him and focus on what we do have. Eden deserves so many complimenting words after what he did today (actually the whole season).

Twice more people viewing Frank's thread than Hazard's according to the forum main page.

Why do I feel saddened by it? Let the liar, SOB have the recognition and attention he deserves (zero), let's forget him and focus on what we do have. Eden deserves so many complimenting words after what he did today (actually the whole season).

Ironic that you're commenting about how Hazard deserves the recognition today (which I fully agree with btw) and then go on to post about Lampard in the Hazard thread.

Leave the Lampard discussion for the Lampard thread, and the Hazard discussion for here.

Hazard was indeed brilliant today. I loved the fight he had in him. Absolutely outstanding, even when we were 4-1 or 5-2 down.

And if you're going to call Lampard a liar and a son of a bitch, do it in his thread because I would love to reply to that but this thread is about Hazard.

I am desperate for us to sign Reus so we have another player of similar quality who can really help Hazard. The extent of inferiority of some of our attacking players compared to him is amazing. Hazard and Reus, I just dream to see that combo. Please!

I agree. My dream signing is Reus too. We have good squad and for example player like Cesc is a very good help for Eden, they create great couple on the pitch. But still we have to be more dangerouse on the other flank. Willian is overall good player but his influence in the last three is too small, he's not direct enough, have weak shoot and simple his numbers are not good enough. We need someone who can provide couple of goals and assists from the other flank. I'm sure Reus can do that and I'm sure that he can be very good in pressing the rivals. I remember BVB from lasts seasons, they were example of great pressing high in the pitch and Marco was integral part of it.

Reus is a versatile player and I believe he can be also good at tracking back, Mourinho would do the job with him, so the argument of Willians work rate and defensive contribution loses its meaning.

As for Hazard... He was immense today. Such a magnificent player he is. But we already know that before. Today was just another proof of it. What a proof... I believe it was one of his best perfomences in Chelsea shirt.

I agree. My dream signing is Reus too. We have good squad and for example player like Cesc is a very good help for Eden, they create great couple on the pitch. But still we have to be more dangerouse on the other flank. Willian is overall good player but his influence in the last three is too small, he's not direct enough, have weak shoot and simple his numbers are not good enough. We need someone who can provide couple of goals and assists from the other flank. I'm sure Reus can do that and I'm sure that he can be very good in pressing the rivals. I remember BVB from lasts seasons, they were example of great pressing high in the pitch and Marco was integral part of it.

Reus is a versatile player and I believe he can be also good at tracking back, Mourinho would do the job with him, so the argument of Willians work rate and defensive contribution loses its meaning.

As for Hazard... He was immense today. Such a magnificent player he is. But we already know that before. Today was just another proof of it. What a proof... I believe it was one of his best perfomences in Chelsea shirt.

TBH I think having a trio of Willian, Reus and Hazard would be an improvement rather than seeing Oscar in the team. They can all interchange with each other considering all are capable of playing LW, AM and RW. Provides much more of a counter-attacking threat and more pace going forward and with work I reckon it would work effectively.

The majestic Eden Hazard was again the most fouled player on the pitch

People in love with football in this country must be in love with Eden Hazard. The way match after match he is being punished by opponents and not being protected by referees, maybe one day we dont have Eden Hazard [in this country].

Its one, two, three, four, five, 10 fouls, aggressive fouls. They kick and kick and kick, and the kid resists because he is a fantastic kid, strong physically and he is very honest in the way he plays, but I think this is another problem.

Mourinho on Hazard

The majestic Eden Hazard was again the most fouled player on the pitch

People in love with football in this country must be in love with Eden Hazard. The way match after match he is being punished by opponents and not being protected by referees, maybe one day we dont have Eden Hazard [in this country].

Its one, two, three, four, five, 10 fouls, aggressive fouls. They kick and kick and kick, and the kid resists because he is a fantastic kid, strong physically and he is very honest in the way he plays, but I think this is another problem.

Mourinho on Hazard

Vertongen made a nasty 'tackle' on Hazard in the first half, right in front of the referee, and he didn't get a yellow card when it could have easily been a red. Absolute ridiculous but it happens so often you just get used to it.

TBH I think having a trio of Willian, Reus and Hazard would be an improvement rather than seeing Oscar in the team. They can all interchange with each other considering all are capable of playing LW, AM and RW. Provides much more of a counter-attacking threat and more pace going forward and with work I reckon it would work effectively.

Its a good point but its a questionable case. Some say it should be Oscar, some say it should be Willian. We just should try both option and then judge.

But what isnt questionable and I know this for a fact is that someone like Reus would be very useful for us and as I doubt we buy him in january then we should go after him or someone like him in the summer.

Mourinho just said he might leave BPL if he keeps getting kicked consistently, 1st look it seems he is starting his usual conspiracy crap again but he actually got a point with this 1.

Wasn't he the most fouled player in Ligue 1 before he came here anyway? If anything he'll get it rougher abroad.

Wasn't he the most fouled player in Ligue 1 before he came here anyway? If anything he'll get it rougher abroad.

Most fouled player in Ligue 1 for two years in a row before joining Chelsea.

His last season in Ligue 1 (2011-2012), he was the most fouled player in Europe, Messi being 2nd.

Was vertongen also giving him a hard time?

By the nt vertongen and januzaj where in an serious arguing, because vertongen could not tolerate that januzaj played him true the legs all the time.