Hulk

thejolta

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly some people here aren't fans of Hulk, I most certainly am and I think that after a few games in a Chelsra jersey he will win round the doubters, the man is genuinely top class and he adds the physicality, directness and unpredictability that we will have lost with Drogba's departure, not to mention Hulk's searing speed and skill.

On who?

On players like Schurrle or Lavezzi. Both can play wide and upfront when needed. Only thing Hulk has over them is his physical strength, that would give us an edge in the attacking third.

Why the hell do you guys care so much about how much Roman spends? I guarantee you you won't be sulking about his price tag when we're winning trophies left and right.

Let's close down all internet forums then, because we're just expected to go along with what Roman does and have no opinions of our own.

On players like Schurrle or Lavezzi. Both can play wide and upfront when needed. Only thing Hulk has over them is his physical strength, that would give us an edge in the attacking third.

Lavezzi was always nailed on to join PSG, no

point wasting our time trying to match wages with them. Schurrle is a good player but is nowhere near Hulk's league (at the moment).

Lavezzi isn't as good as Hulk and would cost close to £30 million...Is it worth getting him and saving £8 million? I doubt it.

I'd like Schurrle though, not a bad shout.

They both have long contracts. They can ask for a pay rise and we can gladly reject with no substantial consequences.

Would be the most stupid move ever to tell those two we don't think they're worthy of a pay raise even though they just won us the Champions League and instead we're bringing in more quality players on wages multiple times higher than theirs. Anyone could see a transfer request coming in shortly after.

Lavezzi isn't as good as Hulk and would cost close to £30 million...Is it worth getting him and saving £8 million? I doubt it.

I'd like Schurrle though, not a bad shout.

The 8 million could be used to get Van der Wiel or maybe Demba Ba.

Not saying that we should be getting the latter but think you get the idea...

Edited by BluesMaster

You know why Torres was successful at Liverpool? He was the only one with attacking skill. They had Gerrard and Xabi in the midfield but outside of that he was on an island and could do what he wanted and wouldn't be crucified for it since he had no support which led to more runs, more shots, more goals. That is not possible at Chelsea. I would have hoped by now he would have adjusted to having talent around him and he has had some crucial assists and has benefitted from defenses paying attention to other attcking players. Hopefully he can build on his current chemistry with Mata and the addition of Hazard will only help. Hulk, not sure if he will make things better or worse IMO. Either way, Torres needs to have a manager that is confident in him helping the team win whether he is supplying goals or supplying other players.

There's no pleasing some people! If we spent 8 million on Demba Ba you'd all be up in arms that we should've spent more and gone for someone like Hulk! All season everyone has wanted new wingers, now we have got Hazard and getting Hulk.. perfect.. if Roman wants to splash the cash then why moan about it? The more the merrier, we want the best and to get the best you have to pay premium. C'est la vie! I think 38 mil for a 25 year old who is the finished article and we'll get 5/6 years out of is a good deal, especially as he can be used a back up striker too. We could pay 15 mil for a shitter winger and 15 mil for a backup striker but I for one would rather have Hulk.

It's a lot of money, but I'm personally glad they have finally addressed our 2-3 year problem with our lack of width. Only a RBI to go and we have one hell of a young / talented squad. Just visit a few of out competitors boards, City, United, Arsenal are all commenting on the fact our forward line us scary as hell. Come on can't wait for the season to start!!!

I think Hulk along with Hazard, are the signings to start a new era at the club, I honestly do, look at what happened back when we were getting Essien, Flo, Drogba, so on and so forth, a team was built, who's spine hasn't effectively changed, I think Hulk would be the corner stone of our new young and hungry squad, so any price is a bargin, especially for that left foot of his! Man's a machine!

Seriously, as the above guy has just said, there really is no pleasing some people, Schurrle is nothing like Hulk's level at the moment so getting him would have been stupid. What do you expect on prices anyway, they are INFLATING, there is no real way of getting round the prices really when you have 2 players rolled into one in the form of Hulk, but some of you would rather spend 20m on 2 players (a CF and a winger) when Torres will be the front man so there will be a 20m bench warmer and a right winger who wouldn't have a patch on Hulk, £38m is only what £14m more than what Drogba cost us way back when (and before you start, no I am not comparing Drogba to Hulk as doing so would just be ludicrous) but back then £24m was a fucking lot of money and we didn't know he was going to turn into a legend for us.... and that's just for one player.

just wait for the next season to start, let the guy settle in for a while and then tell CFC whether they made a mistake or not.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You