Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Problem is, De Bruyne wants to be brought back to Bridge or to be sold to Borussia Dortmund. He doesn't want to be a part of the deal, so the transfer is not completed. And, to be honest, I hope it stays that way.

I've tried to see this transfer from many angles and I can't understand what's in it for Chelsea. With Torres, Lukaku, Ba and, very likely, Falcao joining Blues, all of a sudden we will have at least one profilic stiker too many.

To play him as a winger? I don't believe that we need one. And if we do, there are plenty of better players within that sum range (20 mil. euros). Btw, KDB can play as a winger very well and bringing Schurrle just makes no sense to me.

Ps. Pardon me for dreaming, but I'm still deep inside hoping that we're still in for Neymar.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's all gone a bit quiet on this front, hasn't it?

One hopes that is because the club are, for once, being professional and will not announce the transfer until after the completion of the Bundesliga campaign.

No. Tribalfootball is the worst source anyone could quote.

The deal isn't off at all, no one credible's come out to say it is, I wouldn't be worried yet until something more concrete comes out about it.

No one needs to believe it. However, one might say, there are many quotes around from unreliable sources.

To say the deal isn´t off at all....how do you know it ?

No one needs to believe it. However, one might say, there are many quotes around from unreliable sources.

To say the deal isn´t off at all....how do you know it ?

Nobody here really knows the status of the transfer, but there is far more pointing towards him being close to signing for Chelsea than the opposite. Tribalfootball has about as much insight as goal.com, and what they write should not be considered at all.

As far as Schurrle goes I think it will be a very good transfer. The price might be slightly higher than I would have liked, but I have many friends who follow bundesliga and they are all very sad for Chelsea snatching him away from there.

As far as KDB goes I find it quite amusing how much people are complaining of the "treatment" he gets at the hands of Chelsea when we truly have no idea how the negotiations go. So far we only know, more or less, that Chelsea did not want to sell him to Leverkusen, that is a good sign in my opinion.

Even if he is being used as a pawn and will be sent to Leverkusen for a loan, is that so terrible for him? Leverkusen has a very interesting team and belong to the top in Germany, that in combination with the Champions League will hardly be a bad experience for him.

Nobody here really knows the status of the transfer, but there is far more pointing towards him being close to signing for Chelsea than the opposite. Tribalfootball has about as much insight as goal.com, and what they write should not be considered at all.

As far as Schurrle goes I think it will be a very good transfer. The price might be slightly higher than I would have liked, but I have many friends who follow bundesliga and they are all very sad for Chelsea snatching him away from there.

As far as KDB goes I find it quite amusing how much people are complaining of the "treatment" he gets at the hands of Chelsea when we truly have no idea how the negotiations go. So far we only know, more or less, that Chelsea did not want to sell him to Leverkusen, that is a good sign in my opinion.

Even if he is being used as a pawn and will be sent to Leverkusen for a loan, is that so terrible for him? Leverkusen has a very interesting team and belong to the top in Germany, that in combination with the Champions League will hardly be a bad experience for him.

As I said, it was just a rumor, whether reliable or not...

As for KDB & Chelsea´s treatment of him. Well, he too does not want to go somewhere where he feels awkward.

KDB is very talented young player. He should have a say in his future, I feel.

According to EatSleepSport...most of you experts might say...unreliable.

Andre fears for his proposed move to Chelsea could break down.

A 5 year deal has already been agreed but the transfer fee now the only potential stumbling block.

Lever want 20m plus KDB but Chelsea are reluctant to sell Kevin & would prefer to loan him out for another season.

If this story has any merit, then I may ask the following:

Are these Krauses for real ?

Bayer Leverkusen CEO Wolfgang Holzhäuser confirms Andre Schürrle has signed a pre-contract agreement with Chelsea.

Any word if we are dumb enough to give them KDB?