David Luiz

the wes

Sell him. Hes a fanny at the best of times. Rudiger, Chrisensen, Zouma and Tomori will do nicely. Hes only gotten worse in the last 2 seasons. Experienced or not. Also for all the games Tomori or Luiz if he stays now this season based off the talk not being guaranteed to start, I would rather he got that game time than Luiz. 

Go back in time to last summer or fast forward to next summer and I would say this is great news, but now the timing is shite because we can't sign a replacement. And the other CB coming back soon from his injury is not some world class one let's be honest, I actually think Rudiger is not good enough either. 

Maybe David Luiz felt these past weeks Lamps does not trust him and I go with the gaffer here because this is not actually news for us, but it actually confirms what we all knew by now and this is that Luiz is not good enough and can't be trusted to lead a defence. 

I don't really know why people keep on mentioning Azpi as a CB option. He played there in a 3-man defence, not 2. It's different situation altogether. Until I see him play as a CB in a back 4 and do well, I'd not consider him to be an option for that position!
Didn't he play as a CB against Frankfurt last season and the league game after IIRC?

I personally prefer him in that position, as he no longer has the pace to track running or the ability to be effective in the final third.

Just think about all the times the ball is played back to Kepa under pressure and he then gives it to Luiz to make something happen. He'll now have to give the ball to Zouma who is awful on the ball when under pressure and Andreas who is decent on the ball in possession but doesn't do much at all with his passing. That's pretty scary to think about.

Means we'll have to be even more reliant on Jorginho dropping very deep to pick up the ball and recycle.

Like I said earlier, I think it'll work out for us in the coming years and will allow us to go big for a CB like maybe Koulibaly next summer. But it could give a Fabregas/Diego Costa like boost to Arse this season. Yuck.

Wow ... says Luiz wants Arsenal move, thats great loyalty!!! If that is the case then seriously ship him out, I dont want him but the situation demands that we need experience bodies. However if this is coming from him then please make some one else's life miserable. 

I can see the next 2 days on Arsenal TV, Luiz is a great world class player and Arsenal should sign him ... he will be a rock in the defense, etc, etc, etc.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Like I said earlier, I think it'll work out for us in the coming years and will allow us to go big for a CB like maybe Koulibaly next summer.

Kalidou Koulibaly turns 30 in 22 months and Napoli will still want £100m or so for him next summer, hard pass

No way should we buy a player for crazy quid who gives us only one under 30yo season.

Let Real Madrid take him, lololol

Just now, Strike said:

I somehow feel betrayed. Luiz was the one player in the squad I thought absolutely loved the club and would stay and fulfill a role 

Brasilian mercenary attitude

it isn't like that something new

it is why an absolutely superb AMF/Winger/CF hybrid in Talisca (between 3 leagues and also CL and EL, he has scored 72 goals and has 40 assists in his last 125 games) is in China, rather than manning up in in a major EU league (Oscar is another great example, much to our benefit in that case)

13 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Didn't he play as a CB against Frankfurt last season and the league game after IIRC?

I personally prefer him in that position, as he no longer has the pace to track running or the ability to be effective in the final third.

Okay, he did play as a CB in the Leicester game, which I have no recollection of. :lol: But it was just one game and it was a dead rubber. 

Let him leave. He is not that good. Only thing that we will miss is that he won´t play his great through balls for us any more.Apart from that, he will not be missed. He never was a loyal player in the first place. Left us for PSG, scored against and celebrated against us like he won the CL final and now this shiPlayers like Hazard should be respected rather than this player. I never wanted him in thefirst place when Conte bought him. But later on I accepted him again and this shit again

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Just think about all the times the ball is played back to Kepa under pressure and he then gives it to Luiz to make something happen. He'll now have to give the ball to Zouma who is awful on the ball when under pressure and Andreas who is decent on the ball in possession but doesn't do much at all with his passing. That's pretty scary to think about.

Means we'll have to be even more reliant on Jorginho dropping very deep to pick up the ball and recycle.

Like I said earlier, I think it'll work out for us in the coming years and will allow us to go big for a CB like maybe Koulibaly next summer. But it could give a Fabregas/Diego Costa like boost to Arse this season. Yuck.

I'm genuinely curious about his passing statistics from last season because his passing can be hit-and-miss a lot!