David Luiz

the wes

He is one hell of a surprise this season. When we re-signed him other fans laughed their asses off saying how ridiculous this move will be and waiting to see his brain fart mistakes. Instead, what he has showed is discipline (most of the time), determination, strong physicality and exquisite long range pass. His long range pass skill is even better than his first spell with us, at least on the same level of Bonucci if not better. Keep it up geezer! So far excellent signing.  

I'm not being nasty or criticizing anyone but Luiz is the only one of the back 3 I wouldn't rush to upgrade.

YES Dave has been blinding in the 3-4-3. His stats,heat charts and passing diagrams have shown it. BUT we know hes got his weaknesses.

And Cahil has looked much better too but I cant see im being a starter after a transfer window.

We have 2 great young fast CBs in Happy and Christensen and keepng Dave would give us some great depth.

I honestly think tho the Don will be looking to upgrade both lads.

I like Dave alot, hes a great worker and a solid player with a good character but theres no room for sentiment if we want to keep progressing and dominate Europe.

We shall see.

12 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I'm not being nasty or criticizing anyone but Luiz is the only one of the back 3 I wouldn't rush to upgrade.

YES Dave has been blinding in the 3-4-3. His stats,heat charts and passing diagrams have shown it. BUT we know hes got his weaknesses.

And Cahil has looked much better too but I cant see im being a starter after a transfer window.

We have 2 great young fast CBs in Happy and Christensen and keepng Dave would give us some great depth.

I like Dave alot, hes a great worker and a solid player with a good character but theres no room for sentiment if we want to keep progressing and dominate Europe.

We shall see.

Dave is a beast, I wouldn't trade him. 

Only Cahill I want upgrade. 

48 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I dont want to get shot of him. Hes quite coinsistent and I like him.

I might be nit picking but I think we should.

But its just I think we need a stronger, more powerful couple ov CBs. Hes not tall or the hardest of players is he. Ive always liked we had a strong powerful defence. One that scare shit out of strikers. Thats what I liked about Bane. Daves a pretty boy hes no good in a scrap and hes not got the height to get up for croses

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

Azpi's our puyol(Azpi is the same height as puyol), he's our lahm and he has been a defensive rock and has more defensive actions than any other player since we changed to a back 3. If short Mascherano can play for Barcelona against tall ronaldo and co,  win trophies and be a linchpin because of his excellent tackling, then Azpi can play for us because he's as good a tackler if not better. 

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I dont want to get shot of him. Hes quite coinsistent and I like him.

I might be nit picking but I think we should.

But its just I think we need a stronger, more powerful couple ov CBs. Hes not tall or the hardest of players is he. Ive always liked we had a strong powerful defence. One that scare shit out of strikers. Thats what I liked about Bane. Daves a pretty boy hes no good in a scrap and hes not got the height to get up for croses

Azpi would be my first pick for the starting lineup along with Hazard and Kante. This Spaniard is a true fighter, his spirit alone wins me over and all the rest are just bonus. Zouma replaces Cahill then we have a pretty solid CB combo. I'm genuinely worried about Christensen's situation if he can't outperform Zouma. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Azpi would be my first pick for the starting lineup along with Hazard and Kante. This Spaniard is a true fighter, his spirit alone wins me over and all the rest are just bonus. Zouma replaces Cahill then we have a pretty solid CB combo. I'm genuinely worried about Christensen's situation if he can't outperform Zouma. 

I really hope Happy comes back stronger than ever. I reckon he will get half a game or so at Boro.

Butl the next 2 windows and pre season will be very interersting eh..

Zouma - Luiz - Christensen

All three players on their strong feet ( Luiz doesn't really care since he's strong on both... ), Luiz-Christensen is as good a ball playing pair as it gets, + one beast of a pure defender who has the speed to cover in pretty much any situation.

5 hours ago, Adnane said:

Zouma - Luiz - Christensen

All three players on their strong feet ( Luiz doesn't really care since he's strong on both... ), Luiz-Christensen is as good a ball playing pair as it gets, + one beast of a pure defender who has the speed to cover in pretty much any situation.

I think Zouma is right footed.

Pretty sure that's why Conte wanted Romagnoli. 

20 hours ago, El P. said:

Terry has brain-farts too, just like any top defenders. I'm not worried about that. And even if we let one goal in because of him, we have good attack, we can recover. :)
Also, in 3-4-3, there is always someone who will cover defense for him. Anyone bar Hazard, Pedro or Costa, actually, whole team is dynamic.

Luiz is risk, but much needed and affordable one.

I m not denying that every top players has that brain fart or bad patch but the issue with David's is that those are epic ... Most of these top players more or else recovers within the game itself but Luiz's is unrecoverable at times. 

Honestly if one goal goes because of him today, U can see the outbreak everywhere (fans and pundits alike) even if we win. We cannot say that ohh we have got a good attack who can make it up for that one mistake, time and again we have seen that when a team parks the bus it becomes very difficult to score no matter what formation you. And more importantly (my thing is) why make a mistake which can cost you. 

I like Luiz right from the time he has been here but I wouldnt still trust him in my defense (for me his place is in the defensive midfield area) ... However I give full marks to Conte for keeping him in check all this while, I seriously hope and pray it continue the entire time because Luiz is such a complete player without the errors. 

10 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

I m not denying that every top players has that brain fart or bad patch but the issue with David's is that those are epic ... Most of these top players more or else recovers within the game itself but Luiz's is unrecoverable at times. 

Honestly if one goal goes because of him today, U can see the outbreak everywhere (fans and pundits alike) even if we win. We cannot say that ohh we have got a good attack who can make it up for that one mistake, time and again we have seen that when a team parks the bus it becomes very difficult to score no matter what formation you. And more importantly (my thing is) why make a mistake which can cost you. 

I like Luiz right from the time he has been here but I wouldnt still trust him in my defense (for me his place is in the defensive midfield area) ... However I give full marks to Conte for keeping him in check all this while, I seriously hope and pray it continue the entire time because Luiz is such a complete player without the errors. 

Can you bring up at least 5 examples of him making epic mistakes? 

57 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Can you bring up at least 5 examples of him making epic mistakes? 

The ones that struck with me was the Brazil game (finals), couple of United games where he couldnt handle Rafael, Games towards the end of his first stint and there was that famous nutmeg by Suarez which completely destroyed him. These are the ones I remember vividly, wasnt sure I had to provide examples else would have noted it down. Next time I will have proper examples for you :)

P.S. I hope I dont have to come up with these examples ever again for Luiz. 

The only thing that ever pissed me off about him was rgeowing himself on the floor and giggling like a schoolgirl. Like he was competing with Drogs who could make a dive look the more ridiculous.

But hes changed alot since those silly billy days. I think unless he brings in a stronger candidate I'd be happy to give him the captains armband.

On 8.11.2016 at 1:41 PM, Unionjack said:

We shall see.

What are you on mate, if Azpilicueta was 5cm taller but played exactly like he is now he'd be praised as a one of the best CBs in Europe. His passing is good, can advance with the ball at ease, he is extremely fast and agile for a CB, probably the best 1on1 defender in the world, aggressive, has leadership and organizing qualities (Moses talked about it) never gives up, hard in the tackle, good anticipation and the best for the last, is concentrated for full 90 minutes and has the least brainfarts I can think of. Pure beast. He is undroppable, he is Hazard of that RCB position, I don't know how in the hell he can be still regarded as some sort of a makeshift option until better times, he has had 5 world class displays so far there, his biggest weakness (height) is well protected there as David Luiz, Cahill and Alonso are usually in the box as well, besides if we let some goal(s) because he was beaten in the air it's the small price to pay for all other qualities he gives.

23 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

What are you on mate, if Azpilicueta was 5cm taller but played exactly like he is now he'd be praised as a one of the best CBs in Europe. His passing is good, can advance with the ball at ease, he is extremely fast and agile for a CB, probably the best 1on1 defender in the world, aggressive, has leadership and organizing qualities (Moses talked about it) never gives up, hard in the tackle, good anticipation and the best for the last, is concentrated for full 90 minutes and has the least brainfarts I can think of. Pure beast. He is undroppable, he is Hazard of that RCB position, I don't know how in the hell he can be still regarded as some sort of a makeshift option until better times, he has had 5 world class displays so far there, his biggest weakness (height) is well protected there as David Luiz, Cahill and Alonso are usually in the box as well, besides if we let some goal(s) because he was beaten in the air it's the small price to pay for all other qualities he gives.

I hear everything you say thru my drugged haze and I agree with alot but I still think he lacks some power and aagression.