David Luiz

the wes

8 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Well, I'm one of Luiz's biggest fans and that performance showed why. The season where we had Rafa he was really coming on and I said that the next season was make or break for him in regards to being known as a world class defender. I thought he missed his window of opportunity but here we are... he's clawed it back. If he performs around this level for the rest of his CFC career he goes down as a bonafide CFC/PL legend. 

Viva la David Luiz. 

If only he was either 25 now or had Conte as manager when he was younger hey?

I can still hear the laughter echoing agter the Don said Luia could be one of the best defenders in the world.

Simce then the lads been blinding,

Today I saw a Luiz I doubt he himself never knerw was in him. He played Lukaku like a strung puppet

Hes making me believe he could wear that captains armband more and more..

On 06/11/2016 at 3:21 PM, Gilvorak said:

A few of his highlights so far. His passing is way better than Bonucci's, it's not even close. He can play any ball he wishes with either foot.

https://streamable.com/7uv9

That doesn't even include his performance tonight which was his best yet. He completely controlled the game with his passing.

Lmao @ the end of that video

With Luiz, despite the slip-ups he has made in the past, I have always felt as a defender his ceiling was far higher than most. When he's 1 v 1, versus an attacker, there's always that assurance that he won't back down from a challenge because he's not afraid of going into a tackle. No wonder he earned Aguero's ire in that match against City.

16 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

With Luiz, despite the slip-ups he has made in the past, I have always felt as a defender his ceiling was far higher than most. When he's 1 v 1, versus an attacker, there's always that assurance that he won't back down from a challenge because he's not afraid of going into a tackle. No wonder he earned Aguero's ire in that match against City.

I m with you ... I'm sure lot of fans feel the same BUT its a big BUT ... that one brain fart and all the good work goes down the drain. Thats one of the reason he comes under so much criticism.

If you look at the Everton game during the later stage ... He started moving way ahead into the opponents half and suddenly you're Come back in position, Luiz .. maintain your line!!!  

I understand it is instincts but if Luiz follows Conte's tactics to the letter, he will surely be talked around in a positive manner (which has started already) ... For me, he has everything you need in a player ... pretty much a complete team player other than then occasionally brain farts.    

4 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

I m with you ... I'm sure lot of fans feel the same BUT its a big BUT ... that one brain fart and all the good work goes down the drain. Thats one of the reason he comes under so much criticism.

Terry has brain-farts too, just like any top defenders. I'm not worried about that. And even if we let one goal in because of him, we have good attack, we can recover. :)
Also, in 3-4-3, there is always someone who will cover defense for him. Anyone bar Hazard, Pedro or Costa, actually, whole team is dynamic.

Luiz is risk, but much needed and affordable one.