David Luiz

the wes

29 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Cesc is probably the best passer in the league, yet when pressed and denied space he isn't as effective, thats why he is rarely played further advanced despite his defensive handicap. So for the same reason he doesn't have as big as affect going from number CM to CAM, David won't going from CB to CM.

It's also like that every time a defender is good in an attacking sense, be it a fullback with wing play or a centre back with a strong passing range, it's almost assumed that they are meant to play in a further advanced position which is quite odd, Dani Alves will always be a big example, people thought he was wasted at fullback then got tried on the wing and was 55 shades of total shite.

good points and yes, it is also undeniable that everything gets more difficult when under pressure. Fabregas IMO is more susceptible to pressure because he lacks athleticism/physique. I remember DL making pretty good runs when under pressure in midfield back then.

He has already played in CDM and CM for very long stretches, so it's certainly not an experiment or unheard of. I do agree that at this time we have FAR more cover in midfield than defense, so it's natural DL will be far more needed in defense.

39 minutes ago, Robguima said:

good points and yes, it is also undeniable that everything gets more difficult when under pressure. Fabregas IMO is more susceptible to pressure because he lacks athleticism/physique. I remember DL making pretty good runs when under pressure in midfield back then.

He has already played in CDM and CM for very long stretches, so it's certainly not an experiment or unheard of. I do agree that at this time we have FAR more cover in midfield than defense, so it's natural DL will be far more needed in defense.

Luiz in midfield could be an option in very big games when we will not see the ball for long periods and need to contain our opponents as much/more than attack them, so City, Spurs, and maybe the return Scouse game at Anfield, especially if Zouma is back for them games which means we can do it without Cahill starting. Those games mentioned are the only games I could live with him in CM.

Lesser games however when we need to take the initive I don't think him in midfield works in the slightest.

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

I was amazed that hardly anyone mentioned this during the game. It was shocking positioning. I was screaming at the tb like David WTF man! Hurrendous defending! 

I was amazed that hardly anyone mentioned this during the game. It was shocking positioning. I was screaming at the tb like David WTF man! Hurrendous defending! 

That happened twice. Both times during the back 3 phase of the defence. Whatever, I'd write off the second half. All kinds of mess was going on there.

4 hours ago, yipo said:

don understand why we sign him, should steal mustafi from arsenal

Tell that to the board. They spend stupid money on mediocre players and then sack the manager because he can't make it work. 

He just needs someone with brain next to him and he will be good. His partnership with Terry back in the time was good. I'm not sure if he can be good next to Zouma.
Maybe it's better to play him as DM. He can give good passes and tackle well, but you can see how bad is he at positioning...

19 hours ago, Fernando said:

Tell that to the board. They spend stupid money on mediocre players and then sack the manager because he can't make it work. 

I see, because the likes of Koulibaly and Naingolan are beyond doubt world class players that would easily make this Conte's side a top 4 contender...So the new excuse for sacking the managers is: "the board dont give the manager the right players".

When the likes of Courtois, Oscar, Willian, Matic and Fabregas were bought seasons ago, no one was saying: "omg, the board is getting mediocre players". The board also spend "stupid money" on players like Lukaku (dont get me wrong, but he is just better than Batshuay) and KDB, and guess what, we even had a proper LB in Felipe Luis.

Your storytelling about the situation between board and manager doesn't make any sense.