David Luiz

the wes

37 minutes ago, blu35_army said:

5SMMIF2.jpg

what a mystery,,does emery didn't like him? hope Conte has a plan to make him better than cahill or at least our captain.....

My wild guess is that Emery told him he will be on bench as soon Thiago comes back.

He didnt want that and when he saw Chelsea knocking on door, he saw it as perfect exit and pushed for move.

More possible than the story about his love for Chelsea and saving us.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

My wild guess is that Emery told him he will be on bench as soon Thiago comes back.

He didnt want that and when he saw Chelsea knocking on door, he saw it as perfect exit and pushed for move.

More possible than the story about his love for Chelsea and saving us.

I really pity footballers when I read these kind of things. The transfer window makes them look like items to be played around with. It just seems so inhuman

Maybe he enjoyed life in London more. Maybe he enjoyed Premier League football more. Maybe he found out he impregnated three women in the UK after his move to Paris.

That message could mean anything. People need to find something better to do.

At the end of the day I'm happy to have him back to be honest. I'll take the good, the bad and the ugly. I just love the bloke. Let's just hope the last window (Chelsea spent +/- 120 mil) is an indicator of the club not resting on their laurels anymore.

I don't like his number though.

I never really wanted him gone in the first place, but now I am not sure what to feel about this transfer!

I mean I like Luiz, I thought he was a true blue and hope he still is in his heart. But like with Mourinho re-entry I am not going to just be happy he is back to me he is a new transfer. He needs  to prove himself, don't care what he did in the past (which was 3 years ago).

Score a screamer like you did when you first joined us against United or City and you will get my respect instantly :D

KTBFFH! Hope Conte brings out the best of this team and we can win title this season

As Chelsea fans we have like 5 prominent voices on Twitter, the likes of Dan & then the likes of the WAGNH guys. They're posher than us. Anyway it's that equivalent of PSG fans who're happy with the sale. The fans more likely to scream their lungs out are not satisfied with him leaving, they seem more fond. Tis simply something i noticed.

9 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

So let me get this straight; 

Chelsea spend the whole summer trying to buy a quality cb. People moan because it wasnt happening as early as Kante and Batshuayi. Even though the main target was a Napoli player who are notoriously hard to deal with and they also sell their star striker. The chairman admiys yesterday we bid over £50m for him. People moaned about are 'cheap board'. 

We had over, quality options. For BIG money turned down. Clubs just would not negotiate. Fast forward 2 days before deadline day. Everything looks dead in the water. 'Stupid board, cant they see we need a Cb?!', 'here comes another Djiloobobobodrilri'. 

We end up buying David Luiz back. The guy who was a beast against Napoli and Munich no less when we won the champions league - WHILE INJURED! - and partnered a midfield with matic which saw us shit down all top teams (city, Liverpool, United, Arsenal) with domination in the middle of the park that we havent really seen since (discounting king Kante). 

Because, in the situation we were in, it was really better to have just bought Alonso and waited for a world class cb (forgetting we need to get back into the top 4 first!) 

Cheer up. We didnt stick with Terry and Cahill in defence. We didnt sign a papylibidibidi. IVanovic may be benched! And we got the Geezer back with Spine and character this team hasnt had since Drogba and Cech left. 

while I agree with your overall idea that DL return isn't terrible, I do about our staff though.

A wide gulf separates the likes of of djilobodji and koulibaly... do you rate ageing terry, cahill, and ivanovic so highly that only a 50m CB could possibly replace them?

I speak for myself, but I sure don't think we need 50m buys to improve the team. However, I do think Chelsea staff indeed need 40-50m buys to improve the team, and that worries me.

Yes Kante was great, but he wasn't a find! he couldn't be any more on display - it was just a matter of convincing him of the project (Conte did that) and paying him enough to match the opposition.

What I want from chelsea staff is to find the already good players (not kids) who can immediately contribute and then improve eventually becoming important players. Not to only go after the key players of the other top sides, that's just too easy and difficult at the same time.

42 minutes ago, Robguima said:

while I agree with your overall idea that DL return isn't terrible, I do about our staff though.

A wide gulf separates the likes of of djilobodji and koulibaly... do you rate ageing terry, cahill, and ivanovic so highly that only a 50m CB could possibly replace them?

I speak for myself, but I sure don't think we need 50m buys to improve the team. However, I do think Chelsea staff indeed need 40-50m buys to improve the team, and that worries me.

Yes Kante was great, but he wasn't a find! he couldn't be any more on display - it was just a matter of convincing him of the project (Conte did that) and paying him enough to match the opposition.

What I want from chelsea staff is to find the already good players (not kids) who can immediately contribute and then improve eventually becoming important players. Not to only go after the key players of the other top sides, that's just too easy and difficult at the same time.

I agree with Conte, you should only buy if the player improves you. I also take it that this doesnt just mean better than a shoddy Cahill but good enough to play for chelsea and in the team the manager wants. Sure you could say that there were a decent number of cbs out there better than Cahill and Terry, but that doesnt mean they are good enough for what we want. 

The question isnt 'can we find a better defender than Cahill'? That's trivial. The more important question is can we find a defender good enough for a title chasing and CL competing team'? If the answer to the first question is yes but no to the second, we'll be in a merry-go-round like our leftback situation has been.

Honestly, i dont care about 'finds' either. I think its time we look towards Juventus and Munich at how they do business. You have to spend money to compete. Thats how it is. Depending on unearthing a messi or Verratti is a waste of time. The *priority* will be buying ready players. Tha is the rule, 'finds' are the exception. 

Being a premierleague club we will always have money. Continue to build our global fanbase, sponsorship deals and new stadium will mean we should be buying top talent. Anything else is Wenger dream land 

7 hours ago, cfcs most wanted said:

I really pity footballers when I read these kind of things. The transfer window makes them look like items to be played around with. It just seems so inhuman

The sooner the fans stop feeding the rumor mill the "journalists" create, the sooner they'll be treated more like real people.

1 hour ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I agree with Conte, you should only buy if the player improves you. I also take it that this doesnt just mean better than a shoddy Cahill but good enough to play for chelsea and in the team the manager wants. Sure you could say that there were a decent number of cbs out there better than Cahill and Terry, but that doesnt mean they are good enough for what we want. 

The question isnt 'can we find a better defender than Cahill'? That's trivial. The more important question is can we find a defender good enough for a title chasing and CL competing team'? If the answer to the first question is yes but no to the second, we'll be in a merry-go-round like our leftback situation has been.

Honestly, i dont care about 'finds' either. I think its time we look towards Juventus and Munich at how they do business. You have to spend money to compete. Thats how it is. Depending on unearthing a messi or Verratti is a waste of time. The *priority* will be buying ready players. Tha is the rule, 'finds' are the exception. 

Being a premierleague club we will always have money. Continue to build our global fanbase, sponsorship deals and new stadium will mean we should be buying top talent. Anything else is Wenger dream land 

sorry but that's unrealistic.

there is nothing in the past years that imply we can compete with the clubs you cited. All it shows is that we *must* find "the finds" if we are to have a chance at competing. Buy younger and if the player develops into a star, great! if not, no worse than today and you try again.

(btw Conte's saying is disingenuous: players aren't just better or worse than others, they are different having different virtues and deficiencies) 

we approach the transfer market as a huge club would, but we just aren't one.

don't you think  Bruno Martins Indi would have been  a better deal? he went to stoke on a loan so i believe he would liked to come to us as well... and if the market was that crazy why not loan someone until christensen is coming back to us, and ake as well. even loan luiz but why buying him in so much money?! a 29 years old player and unreliable too.

@Azpinator as I said I need to get over a personal dislike for him. With all the theatrics he did during the WC I took a 180 on my take about his personality.

Speaking of the defender alone, he has some terrible moments. Still much better than all of our current defense bar Azpili... so I think that's improvement and that's what we were aiming.

Still don't like him though :P

In all honesty I think Luiz knows exactly how to play to the fans and media. The persona he carefully acts out has got him further than his rather limited defending ability. I personally don't see him even being close to a top quality CB at 29 years old. He needs to play alongside a world class CB partner like Terry and Silva to stop him from being a complete defensive failure. I really hope that something changes and Conte can make him a beast of a CB but like I said previously If Jose and Blanc failed at this then realistically there is little chance Conte can. Yes he is flashy and gifted on the ball for a CB but this will not make up for him getting lost in important defensive moments and being out of position in crucial situations.

Barbara is right his WC performance especially against Germany was exactly who he is as a player and person. He was running around the whole pitch like Superman oblivious to his defensive duties as a CB but that would have not been enough for his ego. The after match interview of him playing to the fans and camera sobbing proved my hunch about him. He plays for himself rather than the team and as I've always said he is a 'fake CB'. Terry and Silva are examples of genuine CB's who will give thier lives up to defend, position and tackle for the team then being more concerned about how good/flashy they look to their fans and media.

But in all honesty I really do hope he proves me wrong and becomes a world class CB for us.

7 hours ago, DYC. said:

A number we'll without a doubt see often when watching Chelsea.

I was promised Conte loves playing the youth. So we shall look forward to those 40 starts Fikayo will make this year. Anything else would be disappointing.

1 hour ago, Parky said:

Barbara is right his WC performance especially against Germany was exactly who he is as a player and person

Oh come on. Before that Germany game Luiz was legit the best CB in the tournament. Hence why he got picked in team of the tournament anyway. It was an awful display but he was awesome for Brazil before that. 

31 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Oh come on. Before that Germany game Luiz was legit the best CB in the tournament. Hence why he got picked in team of the tournament anyway. It was an awful display but he was awesome for Brazil before that. 

he wasn't great obviously but people who see the game know the game was lost (and is won) in midfield.

He should've had the discernment to know he should've stayed back to avoid the worse, but that's exactly the thing he lacks. His importance in the outcome of that match is greatly exaggerated.