FIFA Club World Cup

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think this trophy is a bit pointless and would rather we continued the momentum with the scheduled game against Southampton rather than some FIFA jolly to Japan.

We won the big trophy in May. If we win this trophy, it'll be nice but I honestly don't think the upside is that massive although if someone can point to some financial data that suggests it is then I'll have to concede that point.

Anyone who want to lose this cup is mental.

What is better to motivate your players against Southampton than winning a trophy?

This is a little bit of history here and we might not have another chance to be World Club Champions. I think this is going to be a very important trophy in the future and it's vitally important to win it. I remember ManU dropping out of the FA Cup to focus on it. The global attention the competition receives will do the club a lot of good.

And if we win this i'll take great pride in using the phrase "Champions of the World" as often as possible.

Anyone who want to lose this cup is mental.

What is better to motivate your players against Southampton than winning a trophy?

This is a little bit of history here and we might not have another chance to be World Club Champions. I think this is going to be a very important trophy in the future and it's vitally important to win it. I remember ManU dropping out of the FA Cup to focus on it. The global attention the competition receives will do the club a lot of good.

And if we win this i'll take great pride in using the phrase "Champions of the World" as often as possible.

I didn't say I wanted to lose it, I just find it a little lacking in prestige if I'm totally honest. It might be important in the trophy but right now it really doesn't hold much importance in English football fans' hearts.

Mata, Hazard and Oscar for the Golden, Silver and Bronze ball award and Torres to be the top goalscorer of the tournament. I can see this happening really :D

Agree, but with Corinthians as the new World club champion :D

Translating Alex Ferguson's biography has given me quite a lot of information about his techniques and methods. There were also lines about Man United's trip to Japan after beating us in the UCL final.

In order to minimalize the negative impact of the different time zone when returning home and preparing for their very following league game, Fergie just did this in Japan - before the CWC final, he decided to live in the British time. So, although it was 9am there, it was 1am in United's world. = breakfast at 4pm of Tokyo time (the equivalent of 8am), good night given at 7am of Tokyo time (11pm of British time).... They had their own doctor, nutritionist etc.

A brilliant plan and something the coaching staff could do.

Will there be any live coverage? I remember in 2005 I saw Liverpool vs Sao Paulo on ITV... will it be the same again?

edit - it will be shown on the BBC in the UK.

http://sport-onthebo...hown-on-bbc-hd/

FOOTBALL: FIFA Club World Cup matches to be shown on BBC HD

i love you.

Out of interest, do any of the British-based supporters here really care about this trophy? Obviously now that we're in it I would like to win it, but was anyone here thinking in May whilst they were hugging and kissing complete strangers and having the greatest night of their life that 'great, now we get to play in the Club World Cup'?

I certainly wasn't.

Everyone knows if you win Champions league you play in the Club World cup. But winning the Champions League and getting drunk put the World Cup out of my mind for a while.

Fans know that, but I'm not so sure they care. We won the big one, this is something we're obliged to do because of that. I was talking about this with some guys who I go to the games with - going to Munich to see that was a dream come true. But none of us are going to Tokyo. We didn't even know exactly when the games were.

Personally I think this competition is much more important to the Brazilian teams and their fans because their own competitions don't have the prestige that our's do. The Champions League is the biggest competition in world club football - it has the best players, the best teams and a much better looking trophy. :blue scalf:

I'm not sure if the upside of use winning it is bigger than the downside of us travelling to Japan and losing it (of course if we win it I reserve the right to say it's the best thing ever).