Roman Abramovich Thread

This news seems a bit strange because the way it's worded seems to be that the commitment is £2.5bn for the club and £1 - 1.5bn for future investment, which seems to have been reported as the likely figure for a while now. So I wouldn't be surprised if this is less about moving the goalposts on the price and more to do with how the deal is being structured.

I don't get this. I would understand if he demanded more money from investors to invest in the team because we are left without defence this season and will be left without midfield the next season due to age and form of midfielders as well as contracts expirations. We may as well sell them this season. We are without half of the team and he is asking money for charity. I know some things are more important but....

Hope this additional demand are smokescreen for further investments.

Our new expected owners need to invest heavily in this team. That has to be taken into consideration.

Is it fair to ask more than 3,5 billions from them? Is it Roman's  way to force them to try to get somebody like  Bezos onboard?

This is taking too long. It's world cup year. We may see all our remaining youngsters and hopless loanees signings  getting a chance with the first team next season. 

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Isn't he a Man Utd supporter?

I believe he is, but he's also been a Chelsea season ticket holder for a number of years too so I would assume there's some sort of affinity there with the club.

Ratcliffe seemed an obvious player at the time the club was put up for sale but it was shot down, I think by his brother saying the Premier League is far to expensive to invest in.

I'm not sure if that was a smokescreen, or why there has been a change of heart.

The problem is now this has come in so late it's difficult to know whether it's the right bid. I know information has been limited but at least some things have leaked through about all the bids so far to at least build a bit of a feeling across them. No idea what the plan would be here. Will there be significant investment in the squad? Thoughts on Tuchel? Long term plans? Continued investment in Academy and women's teams? Plans with the stadium?

You have to believe this has been well thought through by him and he's been doing a lot of due diligence behind the scenes before presenting this offer. I guess we'll see what Raine and the club make of the bid...