Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team picks itself bar left midfield, im torn with who should play there, im slowly warming to Torres doing the "Eto'o role" of the 2010 final.

The team picks itself bar left midfield, im torn with who should play there, im slowly warming to Torres doing the "Eto'o role" of the 2010 final.

No way lol, Torres is nowhere near as disciplined as Eto'o and we will be constantly exposed on that side.

I am not sure where to post this, but I was just watchin' the UCL Magazine show. Tuftie Meireles got #7 of the Top 10 UCL goals of the season & Ramires got #5. Of course I felt that both should have been higher after seeing what was the Top 4. BTW the BM coach has a totally different feeling about CFC than their fans. He feels that CFC will be a very tough adversary & will take a lot from BM to defeat CFC.

Would be great to see Torres come off the bench. Hope he doesn't start against Bayern.

Expecting to see:

-------- Cech -------------

Bos--Cahill---Luiz---Cole

-----Mikel------Lamps

Sturridge---Mata-----Kalou

--------Drogba-------------

I'm pretty sure Sturridge won't start, how many big games has he started under RDM? (big games where we rested players like against Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool don't count)

In fact he didn't even feature at all in both legs against Barca, or in the Fa cup semi's and final.

If Chelsea win, they'll have senior honour of...

Champions league winners - 2012

unfortunately for Chelsea...

Everton honours:

Liverpool Senior Cup

Winners: (45) – 1884, 1886, 1887, 1890, 1891, 1892, 1894, 1895, 1896, 1898, 1899, 1900, 1904, 1906, 1908, 1910 (shared), 1911, 1912 (shared), 1914, 1919, 1921, 1922, 1923, 1924, 1926, 1928, 1934 (shared), 1936 (shared), 1938, 1940, 1945, 1953, 1954, 1956, 1957, 1958 (shared), 1959, 1960, 1961, 1982 (shared), 1983, 1996, 2003, 2005, 2007

It's just a shit Liverpool senior cup!, a shit Liverpool senior cupppp oh the champions league, it's just a shit Liverpool senior cup!

I'm pretty sure Sturridge won't start, how many big games has he started under RDM? (big games where we rested players like against Arsenal, Newcastle and Liverpool don't count)

In fact he didn't even feature at all in both legs against Barca, or in the Fa cup semi's and final.

No, he was... bad beyond description yesterday and rubbish at Arsenal. He didn't have a great show against QPR either, despite the goal. Someone in that form doesn't deserve a start. We would do better to start Torres or Malouda in that role.

I think this is a different set of circumstances, we don't really have the options we had before. If the aim is to play counter attacking football its Sturridge over Malouda. Those hoping its Torres should expect to be let down. We need a weapon on the bench and if you start both Didier and Torres you lose that

Can't emphasise enough on the need to practice penalty shoot outs

I don't buy into that, A player is after playing 120 minutes of football, and is in the biggest match of their lives, infront of 70,000 spectators, roaring at him.

You can't recreate that in Cobham.

I think this is a different set of circumstances, we don't really have the options we had before. If the aim is to play counter attacking football its Sturridge over Malouda. Those hoping its Torres should expect to be let down. We need a weapon on the bench and if you start both Didier and Torres you lose that

I see Studge as the weapon the bench. Especially if Chelsea is down a goal sometime in the second half. They'll have to take chances offensively then and Sturridge's fresh set of legs and offensive flair could be invaluable at a time when being defensively responsible isn't as prudent as getting the equalizer. I don't think Sturridge should start, and count me in the group who will be let down if it's not Torres. However, I can understand why Malouda may start. For me it's Torres > Malouda > Sturridge as starting options.

this is nonsense fella. No manager will tell his team to take it easy in a final.

Jupp Heynkes already knew that we would lose to Dortmund regardless. Bayern are probably looking much more forward the Champions League

Wow what a delusional excuse. I think you were overconfident about your defence and the Dortmund loss should show Bayern fans your defence ain't so great...

Again with the defense issue

Have you even been watching Bayern at all this season? One of the least goals conceded in the Bundesliga. 17 clean sheets! Yea thats horrible fucking defense! Its like saying Chelseas defense sucks for its 5-3 loss to Chelsea or its 3-1 loss to Napoli!

If a manager tells his players to play softly, then he needs to be sacked. No manager in whatever sport is ever going to tell his team to play soft let alone in a final.

Why not play your fringe players instead and make them play "hard".....

Read my first response

Cech, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Bonsingwa, Mikel, Lampard, Mata, Kalou and Drogba will start. No doubt about it.

The question is: who will replace Ramires?

Essien, Torres or Sturridge?

Its going to be Essien. RDM wont start a game with only Lampard, Mikel and Mata in the mid. He never used a mid with only 3 players in the big matches, even when we needed to score goals like against Napoli.

I'm sure he wont change this aproach in an UCL fina, and wont replace a midfielder for a striker or a winger.

I dont think we will see Torres or Sturridge starting in this final, unless they are replacing Drogba and/or Kalou, wich I doubt.

Hi Chelsea fans.

I got referred to join up here by a member I cannot say.

But let me introduce myself, I am supporter of Celtic and have all my days. I hate you're club as much as Manchester City.

So you're wondering..... why the **** is this Celtic c**t joined? simple. The reason follows.

I find it intresting how a football club like you'res have no history to prove you's are a driving force in England, unlikes you're Manchester United and Liverpool who have actually won through the years.

Also the pro mindset on English Premier League fans on the rest of Europe on how you's are this driving force in Europe, but I never see it to be honest especially from you're club.

Anyway, I know you's have you're chance to win this years champions league and I hope yous don't win it personally as you's are a classic example of pro-modern football and you're support is awful.

Hopefully I am not banned after 1 post, I am happly glad to read what the Chelsea support have got to say before they "could" make history.

oh aye and eh....... C'mon Bayern!!!!!