Yaya Toure

Busquets fitted barca with the team at that time, but I highly doubt he is a superior player to Toure...

Also, your right that carlos was a goalkeeper coach and not on the board, but essentially what I meant was his father position within the club benefitted sergio... In addition, carlos' relationship with Pep from prior years......

Or maybe, just maybe, if you actually had some rationalized thinking whilst giving your head a proper wobble, you'd realise that Pep promoted Sergio from his time managing Barca B due to his effectiveness and overall style of play that Pep was familiar with instead of splashing big in the transfer market looking for a DM/holding midfielder.

Possibly Pep's greatest signing in that Barcelona Era.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a super player. For me, since Ronaldo, the best player of the Premier League in the last 7/8 years years, absolutely increadible. He is 31, and at the end of the season 32... It doesn't make sence to buy him now but he is the perfect midfielder... a lot better than any other we ever had.

Behave. Guessing you didn't watch football when the likes of Ballack, Essien and Lampard (in their primes of course) played here.

Behave. Guessing you didn't watch football when the likes of Ballack, Essien and Lampard (in their primes of course) played here.

Yes I saw and Toure is a lot better than all of them (in reality he also can play all the positions where thiose players played and really well as he proved in Manchester City and Barcelona). Clearly a Ballon D'or kind of player (if Cristiano and Messi could desapear). A real superstar.

Yes I saw and Toure is a lot better than all of them (in reality he also can play all the positions where thiose players played and really well as he proved in Manchester City and Barcelona). Clearly a Ballon D'or kind of player (if Cristiano and Messi could desapear). A real superstar.

Lampard, Ballack and Essien in their primes were all also a Ballon D'or type of players...

All three were real superstars as well. I love Yaya but you're overrating him if you think he was a lot better than the former mentioned.

Lampard, Ballack and Essien in their primes were all also a Ballon D'or type of players...

All three were real superstars as well. I love Yaya but you're overrating him if you think he was a lot better than the former mentioned.

I would take both ballack and essien in their primes over yaya, but not lampard.....

Essien to me was the best cm, aka vidal lite in his early days. Technique, raw power, speed, workrate, he had everything.

I would take both ballack and essien in their primes over yaya, but not lampard.....

Essien to me was the best cm, aka vidal lite in his early days. Technique, raw power, speed, workrate, he had everything.

Can't agree with this. Ess's technique was never great in my opinion. People talk about him as if he used to be Yaya Toure but, and again this is only my opinion of course, ME was behind Yaya in every aspect of the game. For me, once injury had robbed Essien of his physicality he had nothing left to offer. People might point to the trophies won with Ess in the squad, but I'd bet a hell of a lot of money that we'd have won more if we had signed Yaya instead during the summer of 2005.

Can't agree with this. Ess's technique was never great in my opinion. People talk about him as if he used to be Yaya Toure but, and again this is only my opinion of course, ME was behind Yaya in every aspect of the game. For me, once injury had robbed Essien of his physicality he had nothing left to offer. People might point to the trophies won with Ess in the squad, but I'd bet a hell of a lot of money that we'd have won more if we had signed Yaya instead during the summer of 2005.

Your right. Yaya has better technique than essien, but I never said he didnt...

However, the question is who would fit better at Chelsea? Honestly, if yaya came to chelsea, than lampard would of never been needed...

SO, technically, it would of been essien and yaya, who would of beasted anyone in england...

However, the question is who would fit better at Chelsea? Honestly, if yaya came to chelsea, than lampard would of never been needed...

SO, technically, it would of been essien and yaya, who would of beasted anyone in england...

Yaya, Bison in mid, Drogba up front. That would just be plain bullying.

Well you did say that Essien had technique and I simply do not agree with that. He is, and was, technically very limited in my view. I do however agree that Yaya would have been a better option than Lamps but few around here would share our opinion. They would argue, among other things, that Toure would not have matched SFL's goal output but my response would be to ask, so what. Yaya, despite probably scoring fewer goals, would have made us a better team in the same way Jose recognises that Oscar makes us better than Juan Mata did, even with a much lower return in personal goals and assists.

On the point of Yaya playing alongside Essien; I doubt it. Paired with a proper version of the player he was supposed to be, Essien's limitations would have been horribly exposed and no Chelsea manager could have tolerated it.

Well you did say that Essien had technique and I simply do not agree with that. He is, and was, technically very limited in my view. I do however agree that Yaya would have been a better option than Lamps but few around here would share our opinion. They would argue, among other things, that Toure would not have matched SFL's goal output but my response would be to ask, so what. Yaya, despite probably scoring fewer goals, would have made us a better team in the same way Jose recognises that Oscar makes us better than Juan Mata did, even with a much lower return in personal goals and assists.

On the point of Yaya playing alongside Essien; I doubt it. Paired with a proper version of the player he was supposed to be, Essien's limitations would have been horribly exposed and no Chelsea manager could have tolerated it.

Essien had technique. He wasnt just a ramires.

Obviously, not on yaya's level, but who is?

Do you really think essien was limited? Like rambo?

Lampard had 18 epl assists in 2004/05

Was second to Ronaldinho in the ballon'd'or nominees.

Lampard in his prime was also a monster, and was never injured. I can't believe I'm seeing people wanting to trade him for yaya :doh: this is superfrankie we are talking about.

• 5 months later...

Express.

EXCLUSIVE: Chelsea plot SHOCK summer swoop for Manchester City star Yaya Toure

CHELSEA boss Jose Mourinho is planning a shock move for Manchester City’s unsettled midfield star Yaya Toure.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/577722/Chelsea-shock-summer-swoop-Manchester-City-Yaya-Toure

CFKDG34WoAEVjrJ.jpg

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You