Is it Time to Start Drogba and Torres Together?

66 members have voted

1. 1. Time for Drogba and Torres to play Together?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only striker I have ever seen who could remotely play in the same side as Drogba was Crespo. Anelka was a wide man for us, Didier is a focal point and I believe he will play that CL final like a man possessed. I think Torres coming off the bench will be a fantastic card to play because the Bayern defenders will be knackered.

Has to be the way, seems a perfect option. And yeah, West Ham fans know all to well about Drogba and Crespo being together. Ripped them a new arse hole home and away in 05/06.

There was a bit of chemistry tonight, didn't see a lot but there was something there. Shame we don't have enough games to experiment though. Our next league game is at Anfield v. Liverpool - Though I don't think Torres should even be in the match day squad :lol:

Maybe in the Blackburn home game?

Both Carlo and Jose are right. Drogba 'eats alive' his competition. We don't get the best out of either IMO when they are playing together.

I love Drogba for what he has done for the club, and he deserves his moment of destiny in the Champs league final and hopefully signs off on a high, but he needs to leave this summer to allow Torres to flourish. And Torres does not need a strike partner, he simply needs support.

HOWEVER, we need a plan for the Champs League final because Sturridge, Kalou and Malouda are not good enough, and playing a 4-2-3-1 will mean we have to pick two from this shambles!

Both Carlo and Jose are right. Drogba 'eats alive' his competition. We don't get the best out of either IMO when they are playing together.

I love Drogba for what he has done for the club, and he deserves his moment of destiny in the Champs league final and hopefully signs off on a high, but he needs to leave this summer to allow Torres to flourish. And Torres does not need a strike partner, he simply needs support.

HOWEVER, we need a plan for the Champs League final because Sturridge, Kalou and Malouda are not good enough, and playing a 4-2-3-1 will mean we have to pick two from this shambles!

this

I voted yes, we might as well experiment with formations and starting line ups in PL. Drogba up top and Torres just behind him. Drogba can give great assists and we have seen that Torres likes a bit of space to work with.

Would something like this work? Also the Question mark is for a suggestion for a player in that position.

Cech

Ivanovich Cahill/Luiz Terry Cole/Bertrand

Mikel/Ramires

KDB Mata/Lampard ?/Piazon

Torres

Drogba