Is it Time to Start Drogba and Torres Together?

66 members have voted

1. 1. Time for Drogba and Torres to play Together?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cech has the answear: "I dont know if it would work".

We are in the final stage of the season, and every game is crucial (two cup finals and every point in PL is a must for getting into next CL), so of course its no time to try something you dont if would work.

and come one guys, we already know it just doesnt work...

i'm not sure how Cech can say that "one day it will happen with goals".. as of now Drogs is playing his last few games for us, and it's doubtful there'll be "one day" for them.

Maybe Torres and Drogba playing together now (strange things have happened after RDM took over) mite just work in the 4-2-3-1 where either one of them can play in the hole.

Again as a shot term measure it could work but beyond this season strictly a NO.

yeah. i remember the norwich game at home. no clear cut chances although it was under avb

all the games they have played together upfront under rdm, torres has been out wide so :no:

Playing a 4-4-2, whether it is the normal one or a narrow midfield, is a recipe for disaster against Bayern in the final. Go with the normal 4-4-2 and we will get overrun in midfield by Bayern's 3. Adopt the narrow diamond midfield and you're pretty much giving the license to Ribery & Robben to run riot down the flanks with only our FBs up to defend against them!

IF RDM is struggling to fit in players into his 4-2-3-1, he can still go with a 4-3-3. Mikel, Lampard & Essien in midfield and Mata & Kalou out on the flanks. Only problem with that is you have Mata playing out wide, which will negate his strengths but it is still an option to use. Also, Torres seems to have found a bit of form recently with 4 goals in 2 games. Why try to destroy his confidence again by playing him out wide?!

AND as some have pointed out here, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. Now it is not the time to experiment new things to the lineup where every game matters to us. IF RDM does that and fails, pretty sure most people would be moaning about it. Any experimentation to the lineup should be saved for next summer during the pre-season. At the moment, just stick with what has been working so good for us, which is the 4-2-3-1.

They should not play together, both are lone strikers. We should wait for game against Newcastle before deciding who will play in FA Cup final. If Torres plays well and scores another hattrick ( :D ), then he should start, otherwise Drogba should play.

The only striker I have ever seen who could remotely play in the same side as Drogba was Crespo. Anelka was a wide man for us, Didier is a focal point and I believe he will play that CL final like a man possessed. I think Torres coming off the bench will be a fantastic card to play because the Bayern defenders will be knackered.

You are talking as if Drogba is a new player and should be included in future plans. In all honesty, Drogba is a fucking legend and my favorite player but dont get fooled by his displays these past weeks. This may be Drogbas last chance of CL glory and its not wierd that him and lampard have really stepped up.

To think that the Drogba we've seen these past games is something to count on to include in future tactics and plans is very naive. The short answer to your questions is of course NO. Claiming otherwise is foolish and Chelsea needs to start think what to do without Drogba, if we are to perhaps move Sturridge into a CF position and have Torres/Sturridge there with Marko Marin arriving and possibly another winger?

I doubt many are considering this partnership as a long term solution for us. Most people expect Drogba to leave after this season. We are only talking about this because it allows us to play two of the most dangerous strikers in the world at the same time during this very important stretch. We can look for the long term solution in the summer.

I don't understand the problem... sit 7 field players behind the ball at all times. Clear it up to Drogba, who will have mata and torres to help embarrass the defense. i've been waiting for this all season :chai:

I don't understand the problem... sit 7 field players behind the ball at all times. Clear it up to Drogba, who will have mata and torres to help embarrass the defense. i've been waiting for this all season :chai:

Sitting 7 players behind the ball is not necessary