Marko Marin joins Chelsea

I was in Koln, Germany a couple weeks ago and I got to see the FC Koln v Werden Bremen match. The fans from Koln booed Marin every time he touched the ball. He was the only player that they did that to. Does anybody know why? And as I watched Marin, who is a decent player, he kept yelling at his teammates the entire game. He better know that Chels won't put up with that shite! Im not too happy about the transfer but we'll see, maybe he'll come around.

Marin played for Monchengladbach, who are big rivals with Koln. He was also booed when he played there for Germany.

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.goal.com/de/news/1898/em-2012-qualifikation/2010/09/07/2108198/marko-marin-wird-in-k%25C3%25B6ln-ausgepfiffen&ei=avmbT9bRE4GV8QOyysn9Dg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CDMQ7gEwAQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dkoln%2Bmarko%2Bmarin%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DV7T%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26biw%3D1600%26bih%3D738%26prmd%3Dimvnso

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope dont want them at all they are all not chelsea quality!

I have watched marin a couple of times he is average!

You sound like the people who said Gary Cahill is a poor signing; the same man everyone hopes will be fit for the FA Cup and UCL finals.

I was in Koln, Germany a couple weeks ago and I got to see the FC Koln v Werden Bremen match. The fans from Koln booed Marin every time he touched the ball. He was the only player that they did that to. Does anybody know why? And as I watched Marin, who is a decent player, he kept yelling at his teammates the entire game. He better know that Chels won't put up with that shite! Im not too happy about the transfer but we'll see, maybe he'll come around.

He played for Borussia Mönchengladbach which are Koln rivals. Derby is called "Rheinland Derby".

Maybe that is why the booed him.

You don't need to sign Ronaldo, Messi, Drogba or Fabregas in order it to be a excellent and worth-the-money-signing. I believe he is what we are missing. Not to pressure the guy though, he is just 23. In my eyes very good signing, £6.5m, Euros coming up and we'll have a chance to see him there aswell.

Plays just like Mata but has a bit more pace. Cant wait to see some link up play between them. I dont know why some people are moaning? If he doesnt perform we could sell him as we didnt spend much on him. Look at Torres now, he couldnt be sold for anything more than £10million, what a loss. The is a risk free purchase in my eyes.

will he be allowed to play this season or will Chelsea ever play him?

He joins Chelsea during the summer. So we wont see him till next season. And sure he will play, he looks a lot better than Malouda.

Chelsea doing business early. What's next, Hell freezing over? :blink:

An interesting signing and the price is reasonable too. We shouldn't worry much about his form this season because he's suffered from injuries and that's probably why we got him so cheap. If he'd been as good as two years ago his price would have been triple but he's still very young and can improve a lot.

Very surprising.

A long time Bundesliga-follower I know, and I rate his opinion highly, doesn't rate him (at all) and thinks we made a bad move. I just hope he's completely wrong of course. As for the little I've seen of him over the years, he's pacey, very agile and skillfull but lacks an end product. He used to be really good but he's not been the same the past years. So maybe he hasn't been happy, maybe he needs a new challenge. I/We can only hope for the best and for this low price, we can't be too disappointed if he doesn't become a succes. And for all we know, he's been brought in as a squad player.

So yeah I can't complain at all. I just hopes this doesn't mean we won't still go for a high profile winger, something we desperately need.

Very surprising.

A long time Bundesliga-follower I know, and I rate his opinion highly, doesn't rate him (at all) and thinks we made a bad move. I just hope he's completely wrong of course. As for the little I've seen of him over the years, he's pacey, very agile and skillfull but lacks an end product. He used to be really good but he's not been the same the past years. So maybe he hasn't been happy, maybe he needs a new challenge. I can only for the best and for this low price, we can't be too disappointed if he doesn't become a succes. And for all we know, he's been brought in as a squad player.

So yeah I can't complain at all. I just hopes this doesn't mean we won't still go for a high profile winger, something we desperately need.

yes m8 i agree, could just be kalou replacement? or malouda? hopefully malouda so his big wages will allow us more activity in the market