Marko Marin joins Chelsea

Looks like he plays most of the time on the right wing, so this could mean more time for Sturridge in the centre :rolleyes:

Actually from what I have heard, read, and seen so far, he is more of a left winger. Has played as a CAM, but he is not that good as a LW.

This season's appearances have been limited due to his injury.

One thing that worries me is his height, but on the other side it can be a big +

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't blame him though, that German squad will be packed with class.

Absolutely, the number of exciting young players they have is astounding. Marin, Reus, Özil, Müller, Kroos, Götze, Draxler, Schürrle, Hummels, Holtby and the Bender brothers ;) Mad.

Absolutely, the number of exciting young players they have is astounding. Marin, Reus, Özil, Müller, Kroos, Götze, Draxler, Schürrle, Hummels, Holtby and the Bender brothers ;) Mad.

All those players save for Hummels and the Bender twins are capable of playing on the Wings. Though, I would never put Kroos there as he is too slow!

If the Germans don't win the Euros and the next World Cup I will be very surprised.

Every signing is good, but I am bit concerned since we are english club and we are used to play ''hard'' game. But with players like Mata, Marin, KDB we will have very fragile team. Dont get me wrong, but for example, Mata did nothing against Barca.

Along this flair players, we need few of more stronger build, but still with ball control. Also too many young players means very unexperienced team, and that is dangerous when facing difficult/important games. Just look at Arsenal, they have too much talent, and they won noting.

I say keep balance between talented (19-23) and more experienced (24-28) players.

However now we have kid, I just want he will PLAY.

Every signing is good, but I am bit concerned since we are english club and we are used to play ''hard'' game. But with players like Mata, Marin, KDB we will have very fragile team. Dont get me wrong, but for example, Mata did nothing against Barca.

Along this flair players, we need few of more stronger build, but still with ball control. Also too many young players means very unexperienced team, and that is dangerous when facing difficult/important games. Just look at Arsenal, they have too much talent, and they won noting.

I say keep balance between talented (19-23) and more experienced (24-28) players.

However now we have kid, I just want he will PLAY.

Some muscle would be nice too. Hulk has enough muscle for three Drogbas.

All those players save for Hummels and the Bender twins are capable of playing on the Wings. Though, I would never put Kroos there as he is too slow!

If the Germans don't win the Euros and the next World Cup I will be very surprised.

No one is really that experienced in big games, but they are all very talented. Simillar to Spain current team.

No one is really that experienced in big games, but they are all very talented. Simillar to Spain current team.

Schweinsteiger, Neuer, Lahm, Podolski, Muller, Ozil, Gomez, and a few others all have big game experience.

Just the right kind of signing that Chelsea need to be looking for the rebuilt. Versatile (can play both flanks and center), pacey and importantly not much money spend along with quick transfer. I m not sure how did he perform in the last few season but his addition i believe is more of a squad player because he can be used as an offensive player anywhere upfront.

Great piece of news!

I was in Koln, Germany a couple weeks ago and I got to see the FC Koln v Werden Bremen match. The fans from Koln booed Marin every time he touched the ball. He was the only player that they did that to. Does anybody know why? And as I watched Marin, who is a decent player, he kept yelling at his teammates the entire game. He better know that Chels won't put up with that shite! Im not too happy about the transfer but we'll see, maybe he'll come around.

That could be taken two ways. Either: he is just trying to rally the lads together and being a good leader à la John Terry; Or: he is bitching, moaning and blaming teammates à la Neymar, Cristiano Ronaldo etc.

Nope dont want them at all they are all not chelsea quality!

I have watched marin a couple of times he is average!

Wow a COUPLE of times? :D

Let's reserve judgement until we see him back from injuries and playing in a decent team, yes?