Spike

3 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I was told somewhere that the US (all over or depends by state?) Has a measly six months training in order to be a cop.

Compare to Germany where its 3 years including psychological testing.

Have no idea what the UK training is like though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

6months? Thats fcking mental considering the crime rate in US. Here in Denmark its 5 years I think, with psychological tests as you mentioned. 6months is pathetic.

6months? Thats fcking mental considering the crime rate in US. Here in Denmark its 5 years I think, with psychological tests as you mentioned. 6months is pathetic.
Exactly. I have no doubts policing in the US is the most difficult job for a police officer in the world. The standards must mirror that, they should aim for the best police officers in the world.

17 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Exactly. I have no doubts policing in the US is the most difficult job for a police officer in the world. The standards must mirror that, they should aim for the best police officers in the world.

Police reform should be among the highest priority in government legislator given this has been a crucial issue since the 1950s. 14 presidents later, police brutality and punishment is no better than it was more than half a century ago. 

Look at the killing of Ahmaud Arbery. The police department there tried to sweep it under the rug because one of the killers was was an ex-cop who was 'one of their own'. Little did they know there was actual footage. 

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

How much credibility did he have when he was the most hated person in the country, called the N word by the sitting president, and was murdered?

People just want it to be peaceful so that they can ignore it.

Defending looting is like defending racism. The two just don't go together for me. 

The Trump administration abandoned Obama-era police reform efforts. Now critics want them restored.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/the-trump-administration-abandoned-obama-era-police-reform-efforts-now-critics-want-them-restored/2020/06/01/4615bc1c-a413-11ea-b473-04905b1af82b_story.html

In early September 2014, as unrest gripped Ferguson, Mo., over the fatal shooting by police of a black teenager, then-Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. announced that the Justice Department would investigate not just the incident but the entire Ferguson Police Department.

The investigation, Holder said, would explore how Ferguson officers used force, how they stopped and searched people, and even how they treated people held in the city jail. For a city that had just seen violent demonstrations over police treatment of black people — and would come to see more — the move was a welcome development.

“It gave a sense of hope that a fair arbitrator is about to be involved and engaged, and the arbitrator has the authority and the power and the willingness to act if they find something that is wrong,” said Adolphus Pruitt, president of the St. Louis City Branch of the NAACP.

As America again finds itself riven by violent demonstrations over the killing of a black man, this time in Minneapolis, Attorney General William P. Barr is facing increasing calls to initiate a similar probe, known as a “pattern-or-practice” investigation, of that city’s police department. But the Trump administration has severely curtailed the practice — along with other efforts to force broad police reforms or quell civil unrest — as the Justice Department’s posture has shifted to one that is far more deferential to law enforcement.

“The impact is what we’re witnessing all across this country today,” Pruitt said.

The Justice Department has initiated a civil rights investigation into the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis. But Barr has not responded to calls — including from all Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee — for a broader pattern-or-practice investigation, which can produce a court-enforceable reform agreement. In his most recent public comments, Barr has not focused on what happened to Floyd — whose cries of “I can’t breathe” were captured on video as a Minneapolis officer knelt on his neck for more than eight minutes — but instead promised a crackdown on the violence at protests sweeping the country as a result.

snip

22 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

For sure mate, its too easy becoming a cop in US, anyone can do it as long as your semi-fit. Here is another recent fuck up.......it used to be innocent until proven guilty, now its the opposite.

Police used tear gas to clear protesters from Lafayette park so Trump could take a photo at St. John's Church

https://www.businessinsider.com/police-dc-use-tear-gas-clear-protesters-trump-photo-op-2020-6?r=US&IR=T

Law enforcement in Washington, DC, fired tear gas and rubber bullets to disperse peaceful protesters near the White House on Monday.

The attack, in front of St. John's Church, took place at about 6:30 p.m. local time, roughly 15 minutes before President Donald Trump spoke in the Rose Garden. After his brief speech he walked to the church and was photographed holding a Bible.

"There was no warning. The crowd was entirely peaceful," Jackson Proskow, the Washington bureau chief for the Canadian outlet Global News, posted on Twitter. "Trump had police move in with tear gas and horses so he could stage a photo op outside a church across the street."

snip

#Bunkerboy had the sadz because even some Republicans were making fun of him hiding in the WH bunker

so he gassed and shot up a crowd with rubber bullets all to take a fucking pic

I am shocked the bible did not burst into flames

Donald-Trump.jpg

Bishop 'outraged' over Trump's church photo op during George Floyd protests

The Rev Mariann Budde says the institution aligns itself with those seeking justice for Floyd’s death

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/02/outrageous-christian-leaders-reject-trump-use-of-church-as-prop-during-george-floyd-protests

42 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Defending looting is like defending racism. The two just don't go together for me. 

I do not think anyone is defending looting

looting (and burning) is being done by criminals who do not give a fuck about the protests and are just taking advantage of the chaos, and is also being done by agents provocateur (RW ones to try and discredit the legit protestors and frame them, LW ones to try and rip apart society)

I fully addressed what is going on here:

42 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I do not think anyone is defending looting

looting (and burning) is being done by criminals who do not give a fuck about the protests and are just taking advantage of the chaos, and is also being done by agents provocateur (RW ones to try and discredit the legit protestors and frame them, LW ones to try and rip apart society)

I fully addressed what is going on here:

Good info, thanks for sharing. 

I'm with Spike Lee on the looting. All it takes is one idiot to throw a trash can through a shop window.....

but in the big scheme of things its just stuff, things, objects, - NOTHING compared to another murder by the police and loss of life

Why has America never adressed the fact that you only need 5 months of police training? In Germany, those Police exams are no joke.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

That could be a major step forward in reducing police brutality imo. It's so far behind other countries.

This is something I'm pulling from a vague memory, but wasnt there a clause or something where police would be marked down (paid less?) If they didn't catch any criminals/giving drivers tickets/whatever. Basically encouraging police officers to look for offences anyway?