Vesper 30,236 Posted July 22, 2020 Share Posted July 22, 2020 Trump’s Request of an Ambassador: Get the British Open for Me Woody Johnson, the N.F.L. owner, Trump donor and ambassador to Britain, was warned not to get involved in trying to move the tournament to a Trump resort in Scotland, but he raised the idea anyway — and he failed. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/21/world/europe/trump-british-open.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage The American ambassador to Britain, Robert Wood Johnson IV, left, with President Trump and his wife, Melania, in 2018 in London. LONDON — The American ambassador to Britain, Robert Wood Johnson IV, told multiple colleagues in February 2018 that President Trump had asked him to see if the British government could help steer the world-famous and lucrative British Open golf tournament to the Trump Turnberry resort in Scotland, according to three people with knowledge of the episode. The ambassador’s deputy, Lewis A. Lukens, advised him not to do it, warning that it would be an unethical use of the presidency for private gain, these people said. But Mr. Johnson apparently felt pressured to try. A few weeks later, he raised the idea of Turnberry playing host to the Open with the secretary of state for Scotland, David Mundell. In a brief interview last week, Mr. Mundell said it was “inappropriate” for him to discuss his dealings with Mr. Johnson and referred to a British government statement that said Mr. Johnson “made no request of Mr. Mundell regarding the British Open or any other sporting event.” The statement did not address whether the ambassador had broached the issue of Turnberry, which Mr. Trump bought in 2014, but none of the next four Opens are scheduled to be played there. Still, the episode left Mr. Lukens and other diplomats deeply unsettled. Mr. Lukens, who served as the acting ambassador before Mr. Johnson arrived in November 2017, emailed officials at the State Department to tell them what had happened, colleagues said. A few months later, Mr. Johnson forced out Mr. Lukens, a career diplomat who had earlier served as ambassador to Senegal, shortly before his term was to end. The White House declined to comment on Mr. Trump’s instructions to Mr. Johnson, as did the ambassador and the State Department. snip Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
11Drogba 2,000 Posted July 22, 2020 Share Posted July 22, 2020 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,236 Posted July 26, 2020 Share Posted July 26, 2020 Couple wear Swastika masks while shopping (and a Trump t shirt) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,236 Posted July 28, 2020 Share Posted July 28, 2020 Henri-Chapelle American WWII Cemetery Henri-Chapelle, Belgium Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,236 Posted July 30, 2020 Share Posted July 30, 2020 danger Will Robinson, danger Trump just floated the idea of delaying the 2020 elections Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fernando 6,585 Posted July 30, 2020 Share Posted July 30, 2020 He is not going to win. I think the whole black lives matter really killed him. Everything else was a pass, but this just put the nails in the coffin. The problem is now that the other option is even worse then Trump. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
NikkiCFC 8,344 Posted July 31, 2020 Share Posted July 31, 2020 Bill Clinton stayed on Jeffrey Epstein's 'orgy island' with the billionaire, Ghislaine Maxwell and 'two young girls' - and the pedophile said the ex-president 'owes me favors' unsealed documents claim https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8579857/Bill-Clinton-stayed-Jeffrey-Epsteins-villa-orgy-island-court-docs-claim.html# Fernando 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,236 Posted July 31, 2020 Share Posted July 31, 2020 2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said: Bill Clinton stayed on Jeffrey Epstein's 'orgy island' with the billionaire, Ghislaine Maxwell and 'two young girls' - and the pedophile said the ex-president 'owes me favors' unsealed documents claim https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8579857/Bill-Clinton-stayed-Jeffrey-Epsteins-villa-orgy-island-court-docs-claim.html# Underage girl forced to have sex with Prince Andrew, US court document claims https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jul/31/underage-girl-forced-to-have-sex-with-prince-andrew-us-court-document-jeffrey-epstein Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,236 Posted August 1, 2020 Share Posted August 1, 2020 On 30/07/2020 at 7:46 PM, Fernando said: He is not going to win. I think the whole black lives matter really killed him. Everything else was a pass, but this just put the nails in the coffin. The problem is now that the other option is even worse then Trump. Biden? he is not ideal by any stretch of the imagination, but he is a million times better than Trump Trump is the biggest systemic long term threat the world has seen in decades the damage inflicted by him already and the forces he has unleashed within the American zeitgeist may well end up causing a breakup of the union within 20 years Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,236 Posted August 1, 2020 Share Posted August 1, 2020 The Origins of #QAnon, Follow the White Rabbit Into a Deeper Layer of the MAGA Cult Pt 1 of 2 Robbie Martin's long-awaited QAnon episode of Media Roots Radio is finally here! This episode is in 2-parts, the 2nd part titled 'WWG1WGA Along with a Psyop, QAnon’s Grasp on the ‘Woke’ Empire Baby Mind & Weaponizing Satanic Panic' is available only to our Patreon subscribers : www.patreon.com/mediarootsradio. Preview of Part 2: Media-roots – The-origins-of-qanon-follow-the-white-rabbit-into-a-deeper-layer-of-the-maga-cult-pt-1-of-2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,236 Posted August 2, 2020 Share Posted August 2, 2020 Brutal Atomiswave 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vesper 30,236 Posted August 3, 2020 Share Posted August 3, 2020 Trump voting MAGAt strikes female employee in the face hard. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Strike 7,511 Posted August 4, 2020 Share Posted August 4, 2020 The visuals from Beirut are horrific Atomiswave, Vesper and killer1257 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fulham Broadway 17,337 Posted August 4, 2020 Share Posted August 4, 2020 41 minutes ago, Strike said: The visuals from Beirut are horrific Mad isnt it ? Looks like a nuclear mushroom cloud from a missile. Just read a load of explosives were kept there Atomiswave 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Strike 7,511 Posted August 4, 2020 Share Posted August 4, 2020 11 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said: Mad isnt it ? Looks like a nuclear mushroom cloud from a missile. Just read a load of explosives were kept there Yeah. Mad. Explosives recovered from a ship. So unfortunate if true Fulham Broadway 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Fulham Broadway 17,337 Posted August 4, 2020 Share Posted August 4, 2020 Just hope our Lebanese correspondent @CHOULO19 is safe and sound Strike, killer1257, Atomiswave and 1 other 4 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Atomiswave 6,118 Posted August 4, 2020 Share Posted August 4, 2020 THat was a huge explosion, middle east just cant breath man. Either its a war, a revolution, isis etc..... killer1257 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
11Drogba 2,000 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 NikkiCFC and Vesper 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
11Drogba 2,000 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 Vesper and Fernando 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Laylabelle 9,536 Posted August 5, 2020 Share Posted August 5, 2020 The head of Beirut Port today revealed that he was aware the area was storing "dangerous materials" and that he had apparently been waiting six years for the issue to be addressed. Hassan Koraytem told local news channels that the Lebanese customs department and state security had asked authorities for the material to be exported or removed, but that "nothing happened" https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/beirut-explosion-port-authorities-dangerous-materials-a4517246.html Vesper 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.