Spike

12 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

The thing is talking about guns is the easy to do. But it's really more complex than just that because a )banning guns does not make them disappear and b )the US is not nearly the only country in the world where a large portion of the population are armed to the teeth. For example in Lebanon it would be hard to find a household without a rifle in it but we've only ever had one mass shooting in post civil war history in the 90s.

That's not at all to defend their insane gun laws. I'm an anarchist but even I can't for the life of me understand why normal citizens would need assault rifles.

But the difficult thing to do would be to look for the root causes of so much widespread violence in the richest nation in history, particularly among the most privileged and dominant demographic that are white makes but also look at how mental illness is treated by society as whole. 

He checked into the Mandalay with 11 suitcases of guns ^_^ Imagine if those automatic guns had silencers, or all the concert goers had guns and started shooting back ! This is what the NRA are in effect  advocating -fucking mental.

With you on the anarchist ting btw :D

22 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

He checked into the Mandalay with 11 suitcases of guns ^_^ Imagine if those automatic guns had silencers, or all the concert goers had guns and started shooting back ! This is what the NRA are in effect  advocating -fucking mental.

With you on the anarchist ting btw :D

Course it's mental, mate. But my point wasn't that there shouldn't be less guns or a ban on automatic rifles, but that along with that there needs to be an understanding that any tighter gun laws will be implemented disproportionately against minorities particularly people of color just like drug laws are, and that any any tighter gun restrictions should start with the demilitarization of the police because you can't give the state a monopoly on violence. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, imo...

20 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Jeez that shooting Las Vegas beyond awful. 

The US so badly needs to address mental illness and gun control issues more seriously.

Thoughts with the families of the victims...

After the Sandy Hook shooting i've given up all hope on America sorting it out. 

I mean let's face it if a bunch of 6 and 7 years olds getting slaughtered in their classroom doesn't cause people to act then nothing will. 

America will do what it always does after mass shootings. Pretend they care and then move on to the next mass shooting while jerking off to the second amendment.

Some consoling words for the families. Media will say it's not the time to talk about gun control.

NRA fuckers will pop up and go "if only the people that went to the concert had guns" because more guns is always the answer to everything.

3 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Course it's mental, mate. But my point wasn't that there shouldn't be less guns or a ban on automatic rifles, but that along with that there needs to be an understanding that any tighter gun laws will be implemented disproportionately against minorities particularly people of color just like drug laws are, and that any any tighter gun restrictions should start with the demilitarization of the police because you can't give the state a monopoly on violence. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, imo...

Legislation isn't the way -laws are there to be broken, right ? :) I would love to see a holistic, mindfulness approach -a cultural shift to look at what a gun is. An impersonal device to fire projectiles at another human with the sole intention to maim, cripple, paralyse and kill other human beings. 

This wanker in Las Vegas, apparently is a 'spree killer'. They also refer him as the 'shooooter'. I would like to see him called the prick, coward, wanker - he didn't have to look at the 800-900 people he shot. I would like to see a cultural shift that demonises  these weapons that kill from an impersonal distance.

2 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

I mean let's face it if a bunch of 6 and 7 years olds getting slaughtered in their classroom doesn't cause people to act then nothing will. 

America will do what it always does after mass shootings. Pretend they care and then move on to the next mass shooting while jerking off to the second amendment.

Some consoling words for the families. Media will say it's not the time to talk about gun control.

NRA fuckers will pop up and go "if only the people that went to the concert had guns" because more guns is always the answer to everything.

Of course we're talking in ideal. In practice, corporations with most money run in the US so in this domain it's basically whatever the NRA can get away with will remain law. 

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Legislation isn't the way -laws are there to be broken, right ? :) I would love to see a holistic, mindfulness approach -a cultural shift to look at what a gun is. An impersonal device to fire projectiles at another human with the sole intention to maim, cripple, paralyse and kill other human beings. 

This wanker in Las Vegas, apparently is a 'spree killer'. They also refer him as the 'shooooter'. I would like to see him called the prick, coward, wanker - he didn't have to look at the 800-900 people he shot. I would like to see a cultural shift that demonises  these weapons that kill from an impersonal distance.

The media is 100% complicit in the way they always glorify the psychos. Half of those nutters will have said somewhere that they want their names to be remembered or something along those lines and the media helps create the next mass shooter by repeating his name, interviewing his family...etc.

Regarding creating a cultural shift about guns, you can make ad campaigns, add it to curricula and spread awareness in any way possible but it would all be a drop in the ocean unless the way Hollywood portrays gun violence is changed.

To examine the situation more closely I think it is possible to call upon the help of psychiatry experts for advise.
According to their statistics how many people every day go mad over something they feel went wrong ?
A game of cards they lost or some stranger calling them something nasty or a family row ?
If they had guns then what is the probability of them going berserk ?
I believe those statistical figures can be worked out and made known to the public.

10 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

You talk like a true American lol.

Virginia Tech shooter was getting some professional help. Some also blamed the prescribed medicine he was taking. 

One of the reasons why nra is so strong is that Americans love guns. 

This is a cultural problem I believe. I am not sure banning guns, getting psychiatric help will prevent such attacks tbh. 

15 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Regarding creating a cultural shift about guns, you can make ad campaigns, add it to curricula and spread awareness in any way possible but it would all be a drop in the ocean unless the way Hollywood portrays gun violence is changed.

The problem is this mass shooting only happen in USA even though , Hollywood movie is watched all over the world. I even can say in everywhere average people watch more Hollywood movie than any other movie movie. So I don't think Hollywood is the problem.

I understand the need to protect yourself in term of handgun and maybe shotgun but why do you need a rifle

Only a few of the madmen are registered in hospitals.
One day at Westbourne Grove I hear a bang noise.
I go to the window and it was a Rolls (!) car taking aim at shop windows.
First shop window bang, second bang, third bang.
Then he stopped and the police came and picked him up.
It was 7 o' clock in the morning so all those shops were closed and nobody was hurt.
Later in the day I asked around what happened and the neighbours said "it was someone with psychological problems".

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:23 PM, Fernando said:

I don't understand this whole Spain thing. 

What is going to happen? 

WANT to sound like you understand Catalan independence but can’t be arsed to find out about it?

Just follow this simple guide:

If Catalonia comes up in conversation, gravely say, “It’s sad, very sad.” Your concern will suggest a deep understanding of the situation even if you previously thought Catalonia was a planet in Battlestar Galactica.

Do not say, “I used to love Catatonia. What’s Cerys Matthews up to these days? She was fit.”

Learn one actual fact, such as the Spanish prime minister’s name, and use it in vague, pointless statements like, “Where does this leave Mariano Rajoy now, that’s what I’m wondering?”

Keep the Wikipedia page open so you can sound knowledgeable in conversations, but don’t make it too obvious e.g. “Catalonia? You mean the autonomous Iberian Peninsula community with a GDP of £191 billion?”

Just make stuff up. Most Britons didn’t even pay attention to Brexit so there’s a good chance no one will call you out on nonsense like “I just hope this isn’t the flashpoint for World War 3!”

Invent a Catalan friend to ‘quote’. You will be able to spout any rubbish and people will think it is authentic insider knowledge. Just don’t give them an obviously made-up name like ‘Pedro Franco from San Miguel’

Barca was hard done with in the year's of the Franco regime.
Do you know that Di Stefano was captured at midflight and taken to Real Madrid's offices ?
Then when Ferenc Pushkas asked for asylum, the generalissimo asked him to become a Real player ?
The loss of the 1961 champions league under strange circumstances made matters worse.
They 'll never get along.