Spike

Yeah I totally agree on here, there is no need to have riffles and all that stuff.

A regular gun I would not have much problem, but m16...ridiculous.

Furthermore I wanted to ask you, do you think in Texas where guns are held by almost everyone is crime rate higher or lower then say California?

I'd say they are equal. East St Louis in Illinois is the most dangerous place in America. Then of course there is Chicago (lovely city) whose infamous south-side is the shooting capital of the states despite guns being illegal in the state though most of it is gang related. Detroit, LA, New Orleans, Cinciannati, Camden, etc. It's all about neighbourhoods in America, a street corner makes a world of difference.

A semi-automatic rifle is fine. Single fire and limited clip capacity. Not to mention the size of the average rifle is cumbersome to take into any public place without instantly causing suspicion. I'd wager it is far more difficult to commit mass murder with an M1 Garand which is single fire and has an 8 round clip, so a potential of 9 rounds to be shot before reload. Difficult to wield, heavy, cumbersome but powerful. The average highschooler will probably have a rough time killing his peers with this. I'm okay with these sort of weapons. However a Glock 27, a very popular handgun holds an 8 round clip (up to 22) but is the size of the palm. You could carry 10 of these on your bloody person, it's lighter, smaller and packs enough stopping power to kill or injure someone in close quarters.

It is legal to have a Glock 27 concealed on your person in some American states. What a world we live in.

Fantastic point.

Let's we go along with the idea that every person in America owns a firearm:

A thief breaks into a fellow's home at 3am in the morning. The thief knows the man owns a weapon. He has two option kill/restrain him in his sleep or ignore him. I don't see how a firearm in this situation helps the homeowner unless the homeowner is present, aware of the home invasion and has access to their firearm. All the cards are in the thief's hands; that is of course if the thief is capable and not a bumbling buffoon that knocks vases off mantle's and smashes windows to gain entry.

I will reiterate. I am not against gun ownership, I am not against guns, I am against loose laws and zero regulation. Many, many people are smart, trained and even minded enough to own and operate guns privately at no cost of public or private safety. I am 100% comfortable with people owning guns that have proven they are mentally stable, trained and licensed. In my home country of Australia, tight laws, training and certification are needed to gain one of many classes of gun licenses.

That being said, automatic, most handguns, concealed and open carry laws should be banned outright as they are the most dangerous to public safety. One does not need an M16AI or an M4 to hunt or protect themselves.

Gun ownership is a freedom that must be earnt. It is not a birthright; it is a privilege bestowed on those that capable of handling such weapons.

That thing happened to me.

They robbed my house and I was asleep.

Rest of the family was away to an expo.

I heard noises and a thud but there were workers those days in the nearby appartment making many noises, so I turned around and continued to sleep.

When I woke up I found everything in a mess and I phoned the expo in London and the family were notified from the public loudspeaker system and they were very scared, all the way back to Greece.

Then sometime later I saw on tv a news flash "gang of burglars who used the characteristic trick of breaking the lock was arrested". So I go to the police and say "please check if those are the ones who broke into ours as well". They said they were going to and then a policeman came and said it was them.

In the court it was revealed they were always carrying a heavy French key with them. So if I had woken up they were certainy going to get me with this.

That thing happened to me.

They robbed my house and I was asleep.

Rest of the family was away to an expo.

I heard noises and a thud but there were workers those days in the nearby appartment making many noises, so I turned around and continued to sleep.

When I woke up I found everything in a mess and I phoned the expo in London and the family were notified from the public loudspeaker system and they were very scared, all the way back to Greece.

Then sometime later I saw on tv a news flash "gang of burglars who used the characteristic trick of breaking the lock was arrested". So I go to the police and say "please check if those are the ones who broke into ours as well". They said they were going to and then a policeman came and said it was them.

In the court it was revealed they were always carrying a heavy French key with them. So if I had woken up they were certainy going to get me with this.

Sorry to hear that, neighbour. :cry:

It was about time.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-arabia-forms-muslim-anti-terror-coalition-1450191561

Calling terrorism a “disease which affected the Islamic world first before the international community as a whole,” Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Tuesday said the coalition of 34 Muslim states would fight the scourge in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan.

It was about time.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-arabia-forms-muslim-anti-terror-coalition-1450191561

Calling terrorism a “disease which affected the Islamic world first before the international community as a whole,” Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Tuesday said the coalition of 34 Muslim states would fight the scourge in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan.

:lol: :lol:

Funniest thing to happen in a while and that's before half the 'members' of the so called coalition said they have absolutely no idea what KSA is talking about :lol:

Putin : "Ataturk would roll in grave if he saw Islamists in Turkey now."

I bloody love you and as a Turk i stand with you big man. Couldn't put it any better.

Can't believe my favourite destinations in the world are being ruined!

Turkey

Egypt

Tunisia

Loved those places - but hard to motivate myself to visit now, especially Egypt - no travel insurance etc :( gutted loved scuba diving in the Red Sea :(

Can't believe my favourite destinations in the world are being ruined!

Turkey

Egypt

Tunisia

Loved those places - but hard to motivate myself to visit now, especially Egypt - no travel insurance etc :( gutted loved scuba diving in the Red Sea :(

Don't worry Aegean and Mediterranean Sea are still safe you can't find any religious people over there. Those idiots are in the East. Thankfully %20 like me hates Islam but %80 is f***ed up. And Putin is so right our leader would roll in grave if he could have seen 2015's Turkey.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this somewhere 

Reviewing the bidding on the United States at the end of 2015, I conclude that we are a killer nation, at home and abroad.
Overseas, we are considered killers. Other countries can only pray to their chosen god or gods that the United States does not decide to work its will on them, whether it be to impose a form of government we think they should adopt or to cite some supposed wrong they have committed as an excuse to pour bombs down upon them or send drones to kill their leaders.
Like it or not, that is our reputation. Most foreigners I meet think we are crazy. Virtually all think we are a danger to world society.
Some of our so-called allies take our side in an attempt to exercise some sort of control over our homicidal tendencies. I put the British in that category.
Some countries just want to stay away from us, and, most of all, not to depend on us for anything. An example is India. U.S. government and private arms salesmen have worked for years to make India a big client for American weapons. India has chosen instead to smile at Americans but to continue to buy its arms from Russia — the Russia led by the notorious Vladimir V. Putin, as opposed to the America led by the adorable Barack H. Obama. Could it be that India is aware that American arms are invariably accompanied by American military advisers to train and support their foreign customers?
So where are we as 2015 draws to a close?
We are in Afghanistan, where we started in 2001 right after 9/11. We are in Iraq, where President George W. Bush took us on false premises in 2003 to get himself re-elected as a wartime president.
What else have we done? We wrecked Libya. Moammar Gadhafi was an egomaniacal pest, even though he eventually relinquished his nuclear-weapons program. But what has taken his place, in large part due to decisions by Mr. Obama’s government, including Ms. Clinton, is two aspiring “national” governments and many lawless local militias, now including the Islamic State, as well as uncontrolled migration to Europe.
In support of our ally and major arms purchaser, Saudi Arabia, we have helped to destroy Yemen. The Saudis have bombed it into the Stone Age, and I have yet to hear anyone in the White House or the Pentagon say there are no U.S. pilots in Saudi cockpits. Yemen already was the poorest country in the Middle East.
U.S. involvement in the Yemen conflict also puts us right in the middle of the Sunni-Shiite conflict within Islam. There is just no reason in the world for us to be involved in an intra-Islamic conflict. The reason we are is American arms manufacturers’ commitments to after-purchase support of weapons they’ve sold to Saudi Arabia. I don’t think we sold them the swords they use to cut off the heads of accused criminals.
The United States also has used the absence of government in Somalia and the venality of the government of Djibouti to establish a military outpost in Djibouti. There are now thousands of U.S. troops, fighter bombers and a drone base there, with no good reason. This represents an unneeded, Pentagon supply-driven intervention in Africa.

http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/...s/201512290018
mir_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, lucio said:

how dare they use a childs death like this, no wonder people attack hebdo ,disgusting people

It's a disgusting thing to say but I think they are more trying to state that an innocent child easily grows into a corrupted adult. 

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's a disgusting thing to say but I think they are more trying to state that an innocent child easily grows into a corrupted adult. 

maybe , but you cant draw cartoons of dead children,

there must be a law against it

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

maybe , but you cant draw cartoons of dead children,

if that was a child in my family, chances are, there would be another massacre at hebdo hq

I disagree. They can draw images of whatever they wish. It may be bad taste and exploitative but they've chosen the path of free speech and they will take the repercussions that comes with it, rightful or not. On another note you've made a statement that seemingly makes light of the massacre of those cartoonists, just like you'd be upset if they drew an image of your dead child, wouldn't they [their families] be upset at you using the massacre like that?

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Why use the Syrian refugee? You can state that without using an image of a dead child. Not to mention hinting that the child would grow up to rape women.

Pretty obvious anti-refugee propaganda. 

2 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

Why use the Syrian refugee? You can state that without using an image of a dead child. 

Pretty obvious anti-refugee propaganda. 

I don't know. Because it is evocative? I really don't know the point they are making. It could be as I said in my earlier post or more likely as you said; anti-refugee propaganda.