Spike

I'm sorry to hear that, mate.

My heart just aches for him and his family. I know this cop is going to get a nice long paid vacation before coming back in a few weeks when it all blows over. But Corey is always going to be dead. Fuck the police.

My heart just aches for him and his family. I know this cop is going to get a nice long paid vacation before coming back in a few weeks when it all blows over. But Corey is always going to be dead. Fuck the police.

My condolences brother, hope you get justice for you cousin! #JusticeForCorey

I know, mate. The system HAS to change. How petty does the 'destruction' and looting that people were outraged by compared to daily tragedies like this!

Fucked up..

Why did the cop shoot in the first place?

It isn't clear but Corey had a legal handgun. Lemme just mention that this cop did not have a uniform on, he didn't have a badge, he was in an unmarked vehicle, and this was at 3 in the morning. How was Corey supposed to know it was a cop? I 100% believe that he thought this was a criminal and started to run, and ended up getting shot 5 times and killed like a dog.

He thought he was being attacked and that is 100% the fault of the plainclothes officer.

It isn't clear but Corey had a legal handgun. Lemme just mention that this cop did not have a uniform on, he didn't have a badge, he was in an unmarked vehicle, and this was at 3 in the morning. How was Corey supposed to know it was a cop? I 100% believe that he thought this was a criminal and started to run, and ended up getting shot 5 times and killed like a dog.

Hard to fathom something like that over here.. shoot first ask later smh, sry for your loss

The cop had previously been suspended. I dont believe Corey Jones would be dead had he been white.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/oct/21/corey-jones-shooting-officer-involved-had-previous-suspension-threat

I've been anticop for years and having someone taken from a good friend of mine is so insane. These cops are out of fucking control. I fear for the safety of my friends and family and of course myself.

Even white people aren't safe from these cops. White people are dying at record levels by cops. Though I agree with you FB, Corey would be alive today had he been white. Cop thought he was a typical black "thug" and had a little target practice on him.

I've been anticop for years and having someone taken from a good friend of mine is so insane. These cops are out of fucking control. I fear for the safety of my friends and family and of course myself.

Even white people aren't safe from these cops. White people are dying at record levels by cops. Though I agree with you FB, Corey would be alive today had he been white. Cop thought he was a typical black "thug" and had a little target practice on him.

The origins of the US police force, being initially set up to control slaves, and the number of officers still associated with the KKK, highlight the problems ethnic minorities face on a day to day basis.

Couple this with the hard fact that the government (of every country) possesses a monopoly over violence, it is a highly volatile, oppressive situation. Legalised murder in all but name.

My friends cousin got shot and killed by a plainclothes officer yesterday. :(

#JusticeForCorey

What happened? Is this the usual cop bullshit of shooting someone? I hate all these trigger happy cunts ruining it for the actual good police out there. Crazy bastards shouldn't have been given a badge to begin with. To Protect and Serve; like fuck. Shooting someone is a last resort, why do they do it so quickly? I just don't understand. What happened to shooting someone in the leg or somewhere they won't die in 10 minutes?

It depends though... if he were poor white trash redneck, do you think he'd still be alive? Hell, I think socioeconomic status is more of an issue in the states than race (I don't want to get into a debate about that right now), when someone is poor the system typically keeps the poor, white, black, asian, hispanic. It doesn't matter if you are down and out the cycle of poverty keeps you down. Poor people die a lot more than rich people in shit like this.

Hell it may have no been a race thing. The cop may have been postal and could have killed anyone.

The origins of the US police force, being initially set up to control slaves, and the number of officers still associated with the KKK, highlight the problems ethnic minorities face on a day to day basis.

Couple this with the hard fact that the government (of every country) possesses a monopoly over violence, it is a highly volatile, oppressive situation. Legalised murder in all but name.

The KKK is essentially dead, I'd say the only cops associated with the KKK live in in Mississippi.

On another unrelated note. I don't get his 'anti-white' movement on the internet. 'White priveledge', 'white guilt' blah blah blah, it is just perpetuating the race divides, making people hate eachother more. Damn, it is down to the individual, some white people have it shit , some white people have it great (just like every other race under the blue sky). Don't lump people into a category of skin colour. That isn't fair and we should be moving away from stuff like that.. Fuck this 'anti-anything' bullshit, be pro-human. Be pro-everyone, if we all forgot about race everything would be better. There are some terrible things to forget but if we all weren't so bitter we'd be in a much better place. Maybe this is a simplistic and ideal train of thought but it's better than being hateful.

I'm white but I'm also an immigrant. I have a completely different cultural background so it's unfair that I'm lumped into these stereotypes, it's unfair to anyone to be lumped into a stereotype. I've also never had 'white priveledge' as growing up in my hometown, I was a minority, hell I was even bullied for being white by some people. One day, I even got suspended for being white, haha. I got into a fight with an Indigenous student and afterwards the head office said to me 'Even though you didn't start the fight and we don't want to suspend you, we do have to because you are white and the other student is Indigenous'. So silly, I'm not bitter about it or anything, I actually look back and think it is quite funny. I got into a fight, I should have been suspended regardless.

On another unrelated note. I don't get his 'anti-white' movement on the internet. 'White priveledge', 'white guilt' blah blah blah, it is just perpetuating the race divides, making people hate eachother more. Damn, it is down to the individual, some white people have it shit , some white people have it great (just like every other race under the blue sky). Don't lump people into a category of skin colour. That isn't fair and we should be moving away from stuff like that.. Fuck this 'anti-anything' bullshit, be pro-human. Be pro-everyone, if we all forgot about race everything would be better. There are some terrible things to forget but if we all weren't so bitter we'd be in a much better place. Maybe this is a simplistic and ideal train of thought but it's better than being hateful.

I'm white but I'm also an immigrant. I have a completely different cultural background so it's unfair that I'm lumped into these stereotypes, it's unfair to anyone to be lumped into a stereotype. I've also never had 'white priveledge' as growing up in my hometown, I was a minority, hell I was even bullied for being white by some people. One day, I even got suspended for being white, haha. I got into a fight with an Indigenous student and afterwards the head office said to me 'Even though you didn't start the fight and we don't want to suspend you, we do have to because you are white and the other student is Indigenous'. So silly, I'm not bitter about it or anything, I actually look back and think it is quite funny. I got into a fight, I should have been suspended regardless.

this should make people put race aside for a minute

30-12-2008-682_695261a.jpg

2 sets of twins , in the same family.

What happened? Is this the usual cop bullshit of shooting someone? I hate all these trigger happy cunts ruining it for the actual good police out there. Crazy bastards shouldn't have been given a badge to begin with. To Protect and Serve; like fuck. Shooting someone is a last resort, why do they do it so quickly? I just don't understand. What happened to shooting someone in the leg or somewhere they won't die in 10 minutes?

It depends though... if he were poor white trash redneck, do you think he'd still be alive? Hell, I think socioeconomic status is more of an issue in the states than race (I don't want to get into a debate about that right now), when someone is poor the system typically keeps the poor, white, black, asian, hispanic. It doesn't matter if you are down and out the cycle of poverty keeps you down. Poor people die a lot more than rich people in shit like this.

Hell it may have no been a race thing. The cop may have been postal and could have killed anyone.

The KKK is essentially dead, I'd say the only cops associated with the KKK live in in Mississippi.

Several Police officers were outed as members of the KKK in Florida, and other States last year

The probelm is the sheer disproportionate numbers of black and hispanic people arrested and imprisoned in the US compared to other groups eg 1 in every 15 African American men and 1 in every 36 Hispanic men are incarcerated in comparison to 1 in every 106 white men.

Add on the PIC -Prison Industrial Complex and you have around 2 million mainly black and hispanics working in the most for nothing for big corporations. This is modern day slavery. For those that have invested in those companies it is like printing money-virtually no overheads.

Agree with your utopian vision of colour being irrelevant -its just at the moment it is anything but.