Spike

In Ferguson Mis. There are ridiculous laws that allow cops to cite and fine if the person is walking with 'a swagger' or with their jeans hanging off their arse. The fine starts off at $200. Which demographic do you reckon these laws are targetting ?

When these fines escalate to $500-$750due to non payment -invariably poverty - the perpetrators are imprisoned. Then made to work in the penitentiaries for fuck all. Modern day slavery.

The probelm is the sheer disproportionate numbers of black and hispanic people arrested and imprisoned in the US compared to other groups eg 1 in every 15 African American men and 1 in every 36 Hispanic men are incarcerated in comparison to 1 in every 106 white men.

Add on the PIC -Prison Industrial Complex and you have around 2 million mainly black and hispanics working in the most for nothing for big corporations. This is modern day slavery. For those that have invested in those companies it is like printing money-virtually no overheads.

Agree with your utopian vision of colour being irrelevant -its just at the moment it is anything but.

Yeah, I know my ideals aren't exactly realistic and do I know there are troubling issues with a lot of institutionalised racism. I think that it needs to be worked out, not just play the blame game. I don't know what it would take to help level everything, to make it easier for all people from all walks of life but I'm sure there are positive actions out there that can be made rather than just the blame game. The prison systems is ridiculous, I wonder how many innocent people end up in jail and how many people's lives are ruined from petty crimes.

It doesn't hurt to dream though.

In Ferguson Mis. There are ridiculous laws that allow cops to cite and fine if the person is walking with 'a swagger' or with their jeans hanging off their arse. The fine starts off at $200. Which demographic do you reckon these laws are targetting ?

When these fines escalate to $500-$750due to non payment -invariably poverty - the perpetrators are imprisoned. Then made to work in the penitentiaries for fuck all. Modern day slavery.

It's a silly fashion to be sure but that is totalitarian and completely Victorian. People should be able to dress however they desire (as long it conforms with common decency. i.e. don't have your dick hanging out).

Yeah, I know my ideals aren't exactly realistic and do I know there are troubling issues with a lot of institutionalised racism. I think that it needs to be worked out, not just play the blame game. I don't know what it would take to help level everything, to make it easier for all people from all walks of life but I'm sure there are positive actions out there that can be made rather than just the blame game. The prison systems is ridiculous, I wonder how many innocent people end up in jail and how many people's lives are ruined from petty crimes.

It doesn't hurt to dream though.

No it doesnt, youre right, Martin Luther King also agreed, but theres a lot of institutionalised racism to be fought. I travelled the US and found very little racism amongst working class people, though some of the middle class were bigoted. The problem in the main is the institutions govt, police, judiciary, employers etc

The police officer's name is Nouman K. Raja. Sounds like an Indian name to me. I'm not expert on Indian culture or would I ever claim to be but how do the vast majority of Indians perceive peoples of African descent?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/23/us/florida-corey-jones-police-shooting.html?_r=0

It seems Jones' was carrying a gun at the time. A legal gun mind you, with a permit and everything. I just wonder if this would have played out differently if he had left it at home that day. But I read a little further on... his body was found 100 feet away from his vehicle. There is no doubt that he was running from Raja and the cop just shot him in cold blood.

Oh, what a world that an innocent dies for nothing.

alot of white people would be fined for that, here in southern england.

http://action.sumofus.org/a/neonics-uk/8/2/?sub=fb

"Despite the fact that bee-endangering pesticides are banned in the EU, the UK government just gave the go-ahead to farmers to sow these toxic-coated seeds anyway. Any day now, Bayer and Syngenta's toxic bee-hurting seeds could be sown -- wreaking even more havoc on our bees."

please sign..... :D

A white teenager was killled at Hardees in South Carolina. Apparently they were selling weed to a cop in a sting operation. Shot in the back. Fucking weed. FUCKING WEED.

http://www.vice.com/read/south-carolina-isnt-charging-the-cop-who-shot-an-unarmed-white-teenager-at-a-burger-joint-1027?utm_source=vicefbus

smh at the comments. "Lol people start caring when a white person is killed by a cop" what the fuck? This happened in July and it's only getting coverage now. This isn't a competition between whose deaths get more reactions. Disgusting.

A white teenager was killled at Hardees in South Carolina. Apparently they were selling weed to a cop in a sting operation. Shot in the back. Fucking weed. FUCKING WEED.

http://www.vice.com/read/south-carolina-isnt-charging-the-cop-who-shot-an-unarmed-white-teenager-at-a-burger-joint-1027?utm_source=vicefbus

smh at the comments. "Lol people start caring when a white person is killed by a cop" what the fuck? This happened in July and it's only getting coverage now. This isn't a competition between whose deaths get more reactions. Disgusting.

the USA Government are the ILLUMINATI Government and a country. USA government have brainwashed the whole USA and the whole World via television and social media (CODE NAME : AGENDA 21 and DEPOPULATION AGENDA) for black and white people to hate each other and stereotype each other so that they can divide and conquer the people so that the masses are easier to control, because if the people are not one with each other, they will fall together for not being one people who work together to take down the government.

the USA Government are the ILLUMINATI Government and a country. USA government have brainwashed the whole USA and the whole World via television and social media (CODE NAME : AGENDA 21 and DEPOPULATION AGENDA) for black and white people to hate each other and stereotype each other so that they can divide and conquer the people so that the masses are easier to control, because if the people are not one with each other, they will fall together for not being one people who work together to take down the government.

That's a new one, racism is organised by the Illuminati, lol. Well I hope you're having a laugh. If not, good luck!

what-if-conspiracies-are-made-up-by-corp

Kevin Ashburner does have a point though.

Governments actively encourage 'divide and rule' over colour, race, football, gender, obesity, religion, any difference between people they try to exploit. The media is their tool. It allows the rich to rule and dominate without close scrutiny.

I dont buy into the illuminati stuff though.

Kevin Ashburner does have a point though.

Governments actively encourage 'divide and rule' over colour, race, football, gender, obesity, religion, any difference between people they try to exploit. The media is their tool. It allows the rich to rule and dominate without close scrutiny.

I dont buy into the illuminati stuff though.

I don't deny that there is something like institutionalised racism. Especially in the USA but also here in Europe it is very prominent and a very hard problem to tackle. But I really doubt that this is an active or intentional policy, not in this day and age. About the divide and conquer, or rule in this case, I'm also quite sceptic at least about the things you sum up. Religious differences and violence have existed long before there where even modern democratic goverments. It is not in the goverments interest to incite these kind of things cause it could have very negative consequenses for themselves.

Gender inequality has existed for ages too, it also is an institutionalised problem and again I doubt that this is an active and intentional policy. If anything gender inequality and racism have been fought back quite hard in the last century and improvements have been made.

I don't want to sound as a complete apologetic for governments though. It's not because something is institutionalised that they are completely innocent. And I'm also not saying that governments are completely trustworthy. Concerning socio-economic issues you certainly have a point. 'The rich' are protected as much possible. But I sincerely doubt they are able enough to pull of an active divide and rule-policy ala ancient Rome. People aren't that easily fooled anymore.

But its no coincidence that the media ownership has become more concentrated. Most countries media is owned by a handful of billionaires. Take a look at your best selling newspapers or tv shows. The majority of 'news' or articles are based on highlighting 'difference' between people. In fact they have gone one step further by playing on the 'we're all individuals' behaviour. True to a certain extent, but they want people to be atoms of consumption ...and then die.

I still believe in the Marxist analogy that there is a ruling class, what the trendies call the 1% if yiu like, propped up by a smug middle class - then a vast fucking swathe of working class people that dont see themselves as that -that the ruling class are terrified of.

I am not Marxist, but there was fantastic Italian marxist called Gramsci about the turn of the century (20th). He was imprisoned by the Italian state but wrote tons of stuff on how the media is an agent of the ruling state, how they rule using hegemony, and destroying class consciousness. Whatever you believe Gramscis writings (mostly writtenon bog paper and smuggled out of prison ! ) are well worth a read.