Guardiola to leave Barcelona

LDN Blue

So when you see comments like the ones above, with Chelsea fans saying they don't want him at our club, it's ridiculous. It would be an absolute honor to have him at the club, the same applies to any club he chooses to go to. Anyway it is a mute point, he has said he will take a break from football and has rejected the possibility of joining Chelsea in the Summer. That being said, were he to ever become the manager of Chelsea (unlikely) I would treat it as an honor, not as though we were signing some second rate car salesman to lead our team.

A manager is only as good as his squad. Put any decent manager in charge of Barca and i'm sure he will win a couple titles.

He probably won't even need to spend 260m like Guardiola.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People are very unfair on Guardiola, saying he has actually underachieved with the squad he has, and that with those players you don't need a lot of management quality. Untrue, the best teams are the hardest to manage just because of one very simple factor - the pressure.

People are very unfair on Guardiola, saying he has actually underachieved with the squad he has, and that with those players you don't need a lot of management quality. Untrue, the best teams are the hardest to manage just because of one very simple factor - the pressure.

Easier to handle pressure with 63 goal Messi on your team :Goober:

While i don't want Pep here now (maybe in the future but right now the time is not right for both parties) the "even i can manage Barca" comments are fucking stupid, The Big Drog basically has covered everything i was thinking.

I am impressed of what Guardiola have done to barca. Installing a winning + attacking system into a team.

A very good article of what Guardiola have done in barcelona

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/04/27/how-the-2000s-changed-tactics-1-the-fall-and-rise-of-the-passing-midfielder/

"Tito represents the philosophy of the club," Zubizarreta said. "We've always said that if the team needs players, we look at home first. Who do we have here at home? Tito.''

Roman should be doing the same. Robbie is our man.

....................................................................................

Mad respect for Pep btw, the legacy he's created is no joke, it shoots down all those moronic comments about it being easy to manage Barcelona. Will go down as one of the greatest despite - and inspite - of what some idiots say.

So his plan was to quit as soon as Barcelona won the European cup ? Shame our side had to end it this way !

It is interesting that Pep exploded to the scene against Chelsea in the Bridge, and ended his time with Barcelona against Chelsea in the Camp Nou.

Chelsea have been the black beast of Pep nightmares. :D

Nonetheless, Pep to Chelsea is writing in the stars.

Just not this summer, which is quite good as RDM deserves another year.

So in the world cup year Pep should come to Chelsea, and by then we should have a better squad more attacking.

RDM and the board should help make that possible this summer. So that when Pep comes he puts his golden touch.

Hes leaving some era behind him but I reckon he will be taking a 2 year break minimum, in fact after a record like that why would you even manage another club.. won more trophies in 4 years than some managers have won in their whole career.

Anyway for Barca's new manager, I think either Bielsa or Villas-Boas will get the job tbh, both rated really highly by the Barcelona. Tito Vilanova might get it but I don't think he will be the most obvious choice tbh, just like Guardiola was appointed after they listened to and rejected Jose Mourinho for the fact he thinks he is the main man basically!

If AVB gets it, I bet he will show Roman exactly what he could of done, with that squad and his philosophy (which is basically the same as Peps), I think he will be fairly successful there, same with Bielsa if he were to go. Imagine if he went there and signed Muniain, Javi Martinez etc... squad would be even better then... and some of the younger players they have there like Thiago, Rafinha, Montoya, Tello, Defouelu, Cuenca, Muneisa, Sergio Roberto etc, I think they could be really successful again in a few years.. well maybe.

Not even Debatable.

What pep has done in the last 3 years will go down in the history books,

They have similar philosophies but until Bielsa has stepped up to a bigger team and a bigger stage, they don't even compare.

Your right is not debatable, cause the man himself, Pep, declared Bielsa as the best coach in the world!