Guardiola to leave Barcelona

LDN Blue

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By "actual" point do you mean your original argument? The one which started two pages back?

:doh:

Taking the fact that because a certain someone is being 'humble' and states a person that they are currently the best at what ever they do, makes it true because he said it, using it as back up support which is irrational.

Pep to Biesla

Xavi to Scholes

Rooney preferring Xavi over Scholes

Messi to Ronaldinho

etc...

:doh:

Taking the fact that because a certain someone is being 'humble' and states a person that they are currently the best at what ever they do, makes it true because he said it, using it as back up support which is irrational.

Pep to Biesla

Xavi to Scholes

Rooney preferring Xavi over Scholes

Messi to Ronaldinho

etc...

That's a fine point...

Just saying your highlighted examples weren't the best.

In my opinion, which I also believe is Pep's honest opinion, Biesla is a better practitioner of Total Football..

And there are quite a few people who believe the heights which Ronaldinho reached in his two best seasons at Barca haven't been reached by any other player, so what Messi was saying was true and not just a form of flattery.

Your opinion. I would say no. When it was first introduced than re-assembled by Cryuff, pep experienced it first hand and recreated it with his own philosophy of a false number 9.

Ronaldinho better than Messi? Yet again i would say no, a better entertainer yes, better footballer, no.

Your opinion. I would say no. When it was first introduced than re-assembled by Cryuff, pep experienced it first hand and recreated it with his own philosophy of a false number 9.

Ronaldinho better than Messi? Yet again i would say no, a better entertainer yes, better footballer, no.

Well, then you will agree that your examples are subject to opinion?

I could still say that Biesla's style is more true to the original style of play, where you don't see all the players sitting in the opponent's half like Barca did against us. I could also say Ronaldinho had more in his locker than Messi ever did. Overall, a better attacker, who could also create chances for others around him with his vision.

He will probably end up at one of the Manchester clubs.

...or Arsenal...or Chelsea...but not Spurs Scum.

I immediately thought he'd end up at City (or with us) when I read the news.

Not quite sure what to make of his "break" but I'm not really buying it. Ancelotti also claimed he needed a break..

Respect to Barca for appointing Tito. Even if it doesn't pay off at least they're taking the gamble instead of trying to go for the big names, who will bring in big expectations and could fall under those. With Tito the Barcelona fans would be patient, they'd also be inspired from Pep but understand he would need time.

A reason why Guardiola was so good with youth integration is because he was in charge of the B team, which I think a lot of people are forgetting. That's why he was able to call on Tello, Pedro, Cuenca, Thiago etc. That's not so easy for a new coach who's just come into the club. Guardiola would need to restructure this entire club for his philosophy to try and even begin to take shape.

The sad part? We'd show no patience whatsoever. If he didn't deliver instantly we'd come out with the 'This proves Barca was easy' horse-shit. How do I know? Because Villas-Boas tried the same damn thing. -_-