Who to start on May 19th?!

IF it is 4-2-3-1:

Cech, Bosingwa, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Malouda, Mata, Kalou and Drogba

IF it is 4-3-3:

Cech, Bosingwa, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Mikel, Lampard, Essien, Mata, Kalou and Drogba

Only a difference there is one has Malouda while the other has Essien. Major conundrum for RDM with no Ramires in that midfield and Bosingwa at RB...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think that Robbie has a lot of decisions to make because his choices are limited by the suspensions. The back five are obvious, if we get an injury there, were screwed. In the middle, for me, Lamps and Mikel have to retain the holding midfielders roles, their performances there is what lifted our season. Mata has to start behind the striker. That leaves our wingers and striker.

Two of Danny, Malouda and Kalou for the wings. Honestly, seeing as this is a cl final, I'd start with Kalou and Flo for their expirience and their ability to track back and defend, while Danny can have a much bigger impact off the bench if we need a goal than the other two.

As for the striker, I think, that Drogba will definitely be on his best game for this one, and we all know that when he really wants to, DD is the best striker in the world in terms of his contribution to the team. Didier starts for me.

Cech

Bos - Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Kalou - Mata - Malouda

Drogba

Pretty much picks itself. We can't play Sturridge or Torres on the wings cause both teams have beast wingers and we can't be taking those chances.

Not as bad as I thought, still have a big chance with that team. Hoping Luiz & Cahill make it & stay fit.

Cech ; Cole, Luiz, Cahill, Bos ; Lampard, Mikel ; Malouda, Mata, Kalou ; Drogba

There's just no way we can experiment with things like Torres on the wing in a Champions League final so there's really not a lot of options.

Anyone else fancy Kalou to score a lucky tap-in as the winning goal? :whistling:

If Essien can get back to himself, just on a bit of a form. Then it will be vital, he is finished definitely. But we need him to play like he did against Napoli, yes that was the game he proved he was finished, but he still played good. He stopped a lot of play.

For me..

----------Cech-----------

Bos--Luiz-Cahil-Cole

--Lamps-Mikel-Ess--

Mata-Drogba-Malouda

That would be solid. A lot of you want us to play 4-2-3-1 i see, but i think that a central midfield of Mikel and Lampard is not defensive enough for us.

Bayern (and Real, but Bayern got through, which is very good for us imo...) are playing much better football than we do, and we need to close

them out. Not like we did with Barca, but still... we need to work. If Essien could improve more in those two weeks (played good against Arsenal btw..)

he and Malouda should be good enough. Wish we had Ramires, but its still all right.

Cech

Luiz - Bosingwa - Cahill - Cole

Mikel - Essien

Mata - Lampard - Kalou

Drogba

I could agree with that if you changed Bosi's and Luiz's positions. It would be the worst game to start experimenting in.. how much has Luiz played there? How many games has Bosingwa actually started there (not been used as a hole-filler)? And I dread to see Bosingwa dealing with Gomez in air... yes it may have worked against the barca midgets, but Gomez is an animal in air.

I could agree with that if you changed Bosi's and Luiz's positions. It would be the worst game to start experimenting in.. how much has Luiz played there? How many games has Bosingwa actually started there (not been used as a hole-filler)? And I dread to see Bosingwa dealing with Gomez in air... yes it may have worked against the barca midgets, but Gomez is an animal in air.

The thing is, I think Bosingwa did well last night there because he wasn't allowed to venture forward, try to dribble past world-class players and lose the ball. By all means, I'm not on the bandwagon of 'move Luiz to RB so he can attack more', it's more for the sake of Bosingwa not stuffing up and getting skinned by Ribery on that side, than Luiz trying a more attacking method.

The thing is, I think Bosingwa did well last night there because he wasn't allowed to venture forward, try to dribble past world-class players and lose the ball. By all means, I'm not on the bandwagon of 'move Luiz to RB so he can attack more', it's more for the sake of Bosingwa not stuffing up and getting skinned by Ribery on that side, than Luiz trying a more attacking method.

then Ferreira should play.. ideally a full back should have Bosi's pace and Paulo's tactical awareness. Question is which we need more against bayern? aimless speed or some intelligence and defensive ability on slow legs? To be fair to Bosi, he doesn't always perform badly, the stature of this game might make him work extra hard, concentrate and not fuck up. But Ferreira should still be seriously considered.

-----------------Cech-------------------

--Bosingwa--Cahill--Luiz------Ashley

-------------Mikel--Lampard----------

-----Essien----------Mata-------------

--------------------------------Torres----

--------------DidierDrogba-------------