• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd play:

Cech

Bosingwa Cahill Luiz Cole

Lampard Mikel

Kalou Mata Malouda

Drogba

Think we've got to go 4231 because Mata can be a massive influence on this game, we've seen that Bayern can easily be got at and with Badstuber out of the final it will probably mean Van Buyten coming in who's worse than Mertesacker and slow as fuck. Mata also has to play centrally because Gustavo who is their discplined DM will be missing and this might leave spaces for Mata to exploit. Malouda and Kalou for the wings purely because they will track back and run up and down that line all day and thats what we need as Ribery and Robben will hurt us. Sturridge simply isn't good enough defensively and as for Torres on the wing? RDM has only tried that when we're chasing a goal so doubt he'd do that in the final of the CL.

I was tempted to go for 433 and make everything compact but Mata is a must start for this game and having him on the wing won't be a good idea because despite all his efforts he's not good enough to defensively to handle Bayern's wide players. Final point is, we never lose with Kalou in the team :D

Sturridge won't help out defensively and if we thought he was selfish, imagine how selfish he will be on the biggest stage in European Football!

Sturridge could be the difference though, if he gets his head screwed on and plays well who says he can't score? He is just greedy which irritates me, even though I criticized him for the Arsenal game saying he was terrible but he isn't a terrible player. He has a shite attitude sometimes but still if he played the CL final wouldn't that not show RDM's faith in him and maybe he would pass it much more and become the player he was the start of the season?

I reckon Villas-Boas' philosophy meant that Danny had to pass it more often, AVB wanted ball manipulation, not run get tackled and do fuck all coming back. I hope RDM pulls Danny aside and tells him to try and implement that philosophy slightly more to his own game just so he isn't always dribbling and getting tackled.

I would start with 4-2-3-1 just because wingers can help with the defensive job and the man in a hole gets a lot of balls which can be crucial.

Čech is obviously a must-starter.

I would prefer Bosingwa to Ferreira at the right-back simply because of the pace he's got. Ribery is fast as hell and will surely start to make big problems if Paulo was on. Also David Luiz can help him out as he did with Bale in the FA semis. Cahill will then take more of the care about Gomez, which is probably going to be crucial. Cole will then look after his old teammate.

Lampard is another automatical starter, he can provide a good link with the attacking part of the midfield while still defending beatifully. To be fair, i am not sure if to start Mikel. He surely did show us under RDM that he deserves it but Romeu might be better for counter attacking with his Barca-styled type of quick, sharp and accurate passing. Not to mention his defending skills. But we all know he is young and inexperienced so let him play some of the upcoming games to see.

I would personally prefer Kalou to Sturridge on the right wing even though he can go past defenders and score vital goals. Kalou works more for the team and know better how to defend than Sturridge. Mata in the hole, i don't think i have to write something about it. Left wing should be lended to Malouda, just because of his experiences in both defense and offensive. And also because there aren't many more possibilites.

The main attacker from my point of view should be definitely Didier, because he loves to play big games and to decide them. Also (I know a lot of people wouldn't like to read it) I dont want Fernando to win us the CL, simply because he doesn't love the club, he only wants to win the trophy.

----------Drogba

Torres----Mata---Kalou

------Mikel------Lampard

-Cole---Luiz---Cahill---Bosingwa

-----------Cech

Play this against Pool (in the league, not the FA Cup final!) and see how we do. I am about 50% tempted to switch to a 4-3-3 as well, that way we get Essien in the game and perhaps have a bit more stability.

And Ferreira should get a tryout in a couple of the remaining Prem games, I don't really trust Bos to be honest.

[quote name=Bambiny14' timestamp='133556

Mate I don't care who wins us the cup but the fact that we win it! As for Torres does not love the club where you get that from I think have a look at the celebration of the goal against Barca and look at the well up with tears if that does not mean passion for playing for CFC Then nothing does.T

9383' post='397710]

I would start with 4-2-3-1 just because wingers can help with the defensive job and the man in a hole gets a lot of balls which can be crucial.

Čech is obviously a must-starter.

I would prefer Bosingwa to Ferreira at the right-back simply because of the pace he's got. Ribery is fast as hell and will surely start to make big problems if Paulo was on. Also David Luiz can help him out as he did with Bale in the FA semis. Cahill will then take more of the care about Gomez, which is probably going to be crucial. Cole will then look after his old teammate.

Lampard is another automatical starter, he can provide a good link with the attacking part of the midfield while still defending beatifully. To be fair, i am not sure if to start Mikel. He surely did show us under RDM that he deserves it but Romeu might be better for counter attacking with his Barca-styled type of quick, sharp and accurate passing. Not to mention his defending skills. But we all know he is young and inexperienced so let him play some of the upcoming games to see.

I would personally prefer Kalou to Sturridge on the right wing even though he can go past defenders and score vital goals. Kalou works more for the team and know better how to defend than Sturridge. Mata in the hole, i don't think i have to write something about it. Left wing should be lended to Malouda, just because of his experiences in both defense and offensive. And also because there aren't many more possibilites.

The main attacker from my point of view should be definitely Didier, because he loves to play big games and to decide them. Also (I know a lot of people wouldn't like to read it) I dont want Fernando to win us the CL, simply because he doesn't love the club, he only wants to win the trophy.

Cech

Essien - Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Sturridge* - Mata - Malouda

Drogba

*Depends how well Sturridge plays this month. Switch with Kalou if necessary.

Malouda must start, imo. Cole and Malouda would shut down Robben.