• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Bosingwa Cahill Luiz Cole

Mikel^ Lampard

Sturridge Mata Bertrand*

Drogba

^ Mikel or Romeu or Essien depending on who shines over the next month

*Bertrand will help Ashley cover CRon/Robben. if not even torres is worth a shout at LW

Sturridge at RW should be given the hair drier treatment on gettin back and help defend against ribery/di maria

off the bench - Mikel/Romeu/essien whoever doesnt start

Kalou for sturridge

Bertrand/Torres for bertrand/torres

good squad despite so many suspensions

Cech

Bosingwa Cahill Luiz Cole

Mikel^ Lampard

Sturridge Mata Bertrand*

Drogba

^ Mikel or Romeu or Essien depending on who shines over the next month

*Bertrand will help Ashley cover CRon/Robben. if not even torres is worth a shout at LW

Sturridge at RW should be given the hair drier treatment on gettin back and help defend against ribery/di maria

off the bench - Mikel/Romeu/essien whoever doesnt start

Kalou for sturridge

Bertrand/Torres for bertrand/torres

good squad despite so many suspensions

Sturridge won't help out defensively and if we thought he was selfish, imagine how selfish he will be on the biggest stage in European Football!

Saying that is easy, but we're without Terry, Ivan and Ramires.

Of Course, but we have to try as hard as we can with the players available. We can't give up and think just because Terry, Ivanovic and Ramires are gone that we're going to lose.

Sturridge won't help out defensively and if we thought he was selfish, imagine how selfish he will be on the biggest stage in European Football!

who then? Kalou? he would mess up promising counters and put us in trouble. i would rather have sturridge itself because he is one of the few ppl in the team who can hold the ball, knock it past defenders and get past them. if he can stay humble, he will be a big asset in the final

who then? Kalou? he would mess up promising counters and put us in trouble. i would rather have sturridge itself because he is one of the few ppl in the team who can hold the ball, knock it past defenders and get past them. if he can stay humble, he will be a big asset in the final

..............Did you watch the Arsenal game?

This is very difficult. Drogba, Cahill, Luiz, Mata, Mikel, Lampard, Cech, Cole, Bosingwa are locks to start, barring injury. If Torres' form picks up, perhaps he gets a start too. Malouda could start on the left; his understanding with Cole is very good.

Lots of factors, it's hard to predict.

..............Did you watch the Arsenal game?

Yeah. Sturridge was a cunt but he did look good chasing the long balls and running onto the through balls. the thing is he could make a moment of magic in the finals. we have stuck by fernando torres so why not sturridge? also there are no alternatives for sturridge. not good ones anyway

Yeah. Sturridge was a cunt but he did look good chasing the long balls and running onto the through balls. the thing is he could make a moment of magic in the finals. we have stuck by fernando torres so why not sturridge? also there are no alternatives for sturridge. not good ones anyway

We could always bring Sturridge on later when opposition players are tired, Kalou should start IMO. He's decent going forward and Pretty good helping out the defence. Malouda may play ahead of those 2 though. Tough choice now with Rambo out :cry:

We could always bring Sturridge on later when opposition players are tired, Kalou should start IMO. He's decent going forward and Pretty good helping out the defence. Malouda may play ahead of those 2 though. Tough choice now with Rambo out :cry:

how about torres on the right? cant do worse than kalou and sturridge can he?

how about torres on the right? cant do worse than kalou and sturridge can he?

He played there against Le Arse. Didn't look too good. If Torres is going to play it should be Partnering Drogba as a ST not a RW. RW will have to be more defensive minded with the possibility of Di Maria (and Benzema drifting out to the right) or worse, Robben.

The suspensions make Robbies job easy to play in the final.

Cech

Bosingwa - Luiz - Cahill - Cole

Essien - Mikel - Lampard

Torres - Drogba - Mata

I pick Torres out wide because he does a lot of great work out there and has a lot of pace. He's a big game player like he showed in Euro 2008 and some UCL games against us for Liverpool, plus he's a world cup and european championship winner and with his experience and the fact that the other options are Sturridge, Malouda and Kalou, i'd go with Torres. He cost £50m and needs to play in a game like this. The rest of the team picks itself, but the RW is the hardest choice.

I will hope and expect that Luiz and Cahill will be fit for the game as its in 3 weeks time. I'm nervous already.

4-2-3-1

Bosingwa- Cahill//Essien - Luiz//Essien - Cole

Lampard-Mikel

Kalou-Mata-Maloud

Drogba

4-3-3

Bosingwa- Cahill//Essien - Luiz//Essien-Cole

Lampard-Mikel-Malouda

Kalou//Torres-Drogba-Mata

The suspensions make Robbies job easy to play in the final.

Cech

Bosingwa - Luiz - Cahill - Cole

Essien - Mikel - Lampard

Torres - Drogba - Mata

I pick Torres out wide because he does a lot of great work out there and has a lot of pace. He's a big game player like he showed in Euro 2008 and some UCL games against us for Liverpool, plus he's a world cup and european championship winner and with his experience and the fact that the other options are Sturridge, Malouda and Kalou, i'd go with Torres. He cost £50m and needs to play in a game like this. The rest of the team picks itself, but the RW is the hardest choice.

I will hope and expect that Luiz and Cahill will be fit for the game as its in 3 weeks time. I'm nervous already.

Cahill should be fit by than for sure. Luiz is already almost 100% Fit. If Cahill doesn't make it Mikel or Essien can play CB. RW Will definitely be the toughest decision Robbie has to make. We could always play 4-4-2/4-1-2-1-2 as well with Torres and The Drog up front. and Mata in the hole.