Arsenal vs Chelsea

Kieran.

Some stats on tomorrow's London derby.

Chelsea have the worst PL London derby record(P6 D4 L2) face Arsenal with the third best record in PL this season(P7 W3 D1 L3).
Chelsea have scored at least two goals in 5 of last 6 Premier League meetings against Arsenal.
Chelsea & Man United have picked up more points(7) than any other PL teams at the Emirates Stadium since 2006 after Aston Villa(8).
Arsenal's Premier League record this season WITH Mikel Arteta - P28 W20 D3 L5; WITHOUT Mikel Arteta - P3 L3.

Excluded the first three Arsenal PL games because they haven't bought Arteta yet back then & included the Wigan defeat in there. Lasted only 8 mins.

Arsenal have not done the Premier League double over Chelsea since the 2003/04 season - eight seasons ago.
Chelsea are unbeaten in 2012 when John Terry has played - P14 W11 D3 - compared to when he doesn't - P11 W4 D3 L4. Leader.
Chelsea have won 8 of 10 games in all competitions this season that followed immediately after a Champions League game, winning the last 7.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a win over arsenal can be very important for us to progress to CL final! The momentum we carried from the Tottenham game was the catalyst for the resul again Barcelona and a win against Arsenal could prove to be just the boost the players need to drive off the cheating catalans at camp poo.

I think a win over arsenal can be very important for us to progress to CL final! The momentum we carried from the Tottenham game was the catalyst for the resul again Barcelona and a win against Arsenal could prove to be just the boost the players need to drive off the cheating catalans at camp poo.

Exactly. Thus the win over Barca will carry the momentum to the Emirates.

Personally I think we will ride over Arsenal cuz all we can see right now is Camp Nou...

got a feeling that we are not just gonna win it but gonna win it in style. and if we do its arsenal 4 points ahead with one extra match played and spurs to face qpr (away) and newcastle to face stoke at home.

again i will say this that this week is ours and the hopefulle the next week too :).

COME ON CHELSEA.

This is a big game today, every bit as Tuesday. Absolutely no margin for error. The Arse defence is fragile and hopefully Torres can capitalise. We simply cannot afford to lose this and probably need to win it, chances are a draw is no good.

Exactly. A win would be great this weekend, as that would put us on 60 points...and considering that Newcastle are taking on Stoke/Spurs are taking on QPR... there is a chance that one of those 2 teams will drop points this weekend!

Does anyone in the US know what channel on Comcast this game can be seen on? Doesn't look like Fox Soccer will be airing it. I need to watch this game even if it is at 6:30am on a Saturday. Thanks!

Torres is going to start tomorrow against Arsenal, if he score RDM would have dilema for barcelona clash

If Torres scores a hattrick tomorrow he still won't start against Barca.

Let the big man finish what he started, DD will bag another one in the Nou Camp, if he leads us to the Champions League it will cement his place as one of the true great strikers.

Does anyone in the US know what channel on Comcast this game can be seen on? Doesn't look like Fox Soccer will be airing it. I need to watch this game even if it is at 6:30am on a Saturday. Thanks!

ESPN 2.

Lol then i guess Ramires would have been a brilliant marathon runner.

Nah. He hasn't run 42km yet in a game. Drogba, meanwhile would have been either a brilliant sprinter in cycling with his current muscle mass or a great climber if he lost some weight.