The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

The commentators and pundits on BT keep saying how bad PSG have been tonight, and I agree, they have been poor, but their yard stick was to judge this PSG side against us. Against us they were decent, but they were up against one of the worst sides in the CL in us, not only that but tonight City had something we have lacked all season.....Fight!!!

It's only when you watch other sides even like this poor PSG side tonight, just how much we lack and how much we miss.

We have so much work to do it's unbelievable. 

2 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

What's the point in talking about Mourinho now? What's done is done.

Because it validate the reason he was sacked.

People say we will never have long term and all that shenanigans. Just because he was our best manager ever.

But that was in the past now he is a shadow and so glad he's gone.

8 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

What's the point in talking about Mourinho now? What's done is done.

People are so happy to use the phrase 'i told you so', nobody likes a show-off, especially when Mourinho hasn't taken another job yet.

PSG had to do it without Verratti, Luiz and Matuidi, that's more difficult. City had a very good Hart, good save against Ibra's freekick and other chances.
PSG gave the ball away too easily , too many mistakes, sloppy.

Have to give it up to Man City, played PSG well. Ibra's misses in that first leg were just too glorious to mess up. 

Whenever I watch KDB play I feel like I age 5 years, as I fill with anger as to how blind JM and Co. were to his talent. What a special player!  Will never play down the fact he was sold. Never! 

And Ronaldo, what a day to remind everyone how special he can be. 2nd and 3rd goals were out of this world. Rising to the occassion, the Bernabeu was rocking tonight. Wish I was there. 

Overall fantastic night of UCL footy. 

7 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

I cannot believe how bad psg are..Shows how far we are from the european elite...and Then there is our habbit of making average sides look like world class

Though I agree on PSG. But each competition or match-up has its own circumstances

We were crowned Champion of Europe while being 6th in the PL.

Maybe we did make PSG look world class, maybe we didn't. Can you even know if Leicester for example can beat PSG at the moment?

We'll be playing Man City next, and by your logic we'll get crushed by them. And I don't see that happening easily.

I preferred to watch Real Madrid tonight but I did watch the entire first leg of PSG v. City.
It cannot possibly be argued that it was the same PSG who played against us. It was a cross between Guimaraes FC and Uniao De Madeira, not champions league side. I hear they were the same today.
I did n't like Real all that much either and I just think Barcelona may have hit the same blind spot these days as PSG did.
I 'd put my money on Atletico and Fernando Torres to lift the cup.

10 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Though I agree on PSG. But each competition or match-up has its own circumstances

We were crowned Champion of Europe while being 6th in the PL.

Maybe we did make PSG look world class, maybe we didn't. Can you even know if Leicester for example can beat PSG at the moment?

We'll be playing Man City next, and by your logic we'll get crushed by them. And I don't see that happening easily.

I agree with you on the point that each match-up has its own circumstances