The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

the epl will have to make a great performance this year or they might fall behind bundesliga in european league rankings

They probably will fall behind this season, but it doesn't matter. The new TV deal makes the EPL clubs earn 4x more than Bundesliga clubs from broadcasting. By now already, English relegatiion zoners have way more financial power than German CL competitors. In the future this will even amplify. In 5-10 years it will not matter how dumb the English purchases and tactics are, all talent in Europe will simply evade German clubs and join the better paying English ones so the EPL for all it's naive tactics and short-sighted overpaid transfers has no other choice to become the undisputed no.1 league again.

Tonigh Southampton and our second team(Vitesse) are playing first leg in the 3rd qualifying round in EL.
Is there someone closer to Vitesse, who can predict their lineup for the match? I'm interested in how our loanees will do, if they play ofc.

Tonigh Southampton and our second team(Vitesse) are playing first leg in the 3rd qualifying round in EL.

Is there someone closer to Vitesse, who can predict their lineup for the match? I'm interested in how our loanees will do, if they play ofc.

Apparently Baker is the most likely, Brown possibly too from the start. Nathan and Pantic won't play, though.

For those in the UK, this game is on BT Sport 1.

• 2 weeks later...

I just experienced multiple football orgasms. I don't know what to say about their football today. They make it look so easy.

Messi... sigh. One of the best 45 min I've ever seen a footballer play. And Messi's name tends to come to mind when thinking about the best individual displays. How do you score two free-kicks in one game, one half even. Why do I even bother to understand...

Dani Alves's resurgence is a complete mystery to me. Legendary footballer. Between 2006-2012, he was simply sensational. I never thought he'd play like that again, but here he is. Second wind. At his age, at this stage of his career. After winning all those trophies. In such a demanding position. Amazing.

Pique's comeback. Seemingly unmotivated and not in his best physical shape for years. Apparently lost his hunger for the game. He was turning into that sad story of peaking early. His true ability forgotten. Now he's back with a bang, playing better than ever before, maturing into a leader at the back.

Iniesta remains pure footballing magnificence, I don't care what anyone says. Just watch the guy play. Always making the right decisions, rarely loses the ball and he plays with an effortless flair and grace. Football god.

I still can't believe this is the same Suarez I would watch at The Arena. I say it all the time. The progress this man has booked... this is the stuff you see in films. This is what he wanted. 'Work hard enough and you can do anything'. Well, Suarez did it. And I applaud him for it.

Complete control after 55 min. 4-1. And then everything goes wrong. Compliments to Sevilla. To trail by three goals yet come back takes great mental strength. A spanking would've been sad for them anyway.

But very, very poor from Barca's side. Individual mistakes have killed them. Mathieu with some atrocious defending, Bartra comes on and immediately fails miserably.

See what happens when you take off Iniesta.