The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Absolute pathetic to see some people posting anti Barca comments on here. Why can't we appreciate one of the best teams ever to win a Champions League? It's sad to see all the Barcelona hating because of one night at Stamford Bridge. Yes I was very sad that night.

This has to be the best ever team to win a Champions League, every single tie was won VERY comfortably. There are some people saying Juventus deserved more. Deserved what? They had lesser possession, shots and shots on target.

Tactics is irrelevant here my friend. If you win, you win in my eyes. Whether you play tiki-taka football or long ball football it doesn't matter, as long as you win. So I agree with you, but that wasn't my point at all.

My problem here is with the unneeded diving and constant cheating. There's no need for it and it just makes you as a team look pathetic.

And in case you think i'm biased I used to have a real problem with Drogba for his constant diving. Took me quite a while to come around to him after he stopped doing it so much. I hate cheating of any kind, play football any way you like but don't cheat and lie, it's just unprofessional and disrespectful. Those 2 words unfortunately sum up this Barcelona team, even though they're comfortably the best team in Europe.

True that mate, but its in most teams nowdays. When you are ahead and even so in CL final, you will try to waste some time, lay on ground etc. Drogba did that, Im sure Hazard and rest would be told to waste time by Mou if we were ahead in 75min of Cl final.

Honestly, this barca team is much less of diving team than one from few years ago. Neymar stands out, but he was diver in every team he played.

The Barca 2-1 goal didnt came from dominance, it came from a counter attack because Juve sent too many players to try and score the winning goal. I think in those minutes, you could've expect Juve to at least see this out for an extra time. In a way, Juve did a favour for Barcelona who were'nt really in the game, and were far away from creating chances in those mintues.

Juve would not have scored if they didn't defend high up the pitch. They were struggling when they were deep. Barca got stuck in their own half and their stubbornnes to keep the ball despite the lack of good passing options led to to Juve's goal. It started with Ter Stegen passing the ball to Pique instead of kicking the ball away, who then also looked to pass the ball... If Dani Alves just kicked the ball away instead of trying to reach Neymar who was so far up the pitch and practically out of reach, Marchisio would never have gotten the chance to play Lichtsteiner through.

Strange to focus on a period of roughly 10 min btw. Juve were the lesser team for the majority of the game, and Barca had plenty of opportunities to score. Juve didn't do Barca any favours, Barca's nonchalance (and Buffon's brilliance) kept Juve in the game. Juve couldn't handle their pressing. The amount of times Juve gave the ball away was astonishing. Brilliant defending by Barca today.

Absolute pathetic to see some people posting anti Barca comments on here. Why can't we appreciate one of the best teams ever to win a Champions League? It's sad to see all the Barcelona hating because of one night at Stamford Bridge. Yes I was very sad that night.

This has to be the best ever team to win a Champions League, every single tie was won VERY comfortably. There are some people saying Juventus deserved more. Deserved what? They had lesser possession, shots and shots on target.

Indeed. I hate Barca, but I simply cant force myself to hate their football. MSN is magic.

Juve wasnt even close to them. That said, if Bayern had Robbery, PSG had Verrati, Ibra and Juve Chiellini in those games, the ties would be slightly different. Same with Real vs Juve if they had Modric.

Imagine Barca without messi or suarez or neymar. Still a threat, but by far not as complete.

The Barca 2-1 goal didnt came from dominance, it came from a counter attack because Juve sent too many players to try and score the winning goal. I think in those minutes, you could've expect Juve to at least see this out for an extra time. In a way, Juve did a favour for Barcelona who were'nt really in the game, and were far away from creating chances in those mintues.

Very true, but Juve didnt score and they got punished. Barca dominated for around 80min of this game, they could add another one or two IMO. Juve defense was flying at times.

I thought that he said diving and cheating. That's not playing, and if you park the bus, its still playing football by the rules.

And yes, I will hate Barca for the rest of my days, no matter what.

What exactly do you describe cheating?

Diving? Chelsea did that before too. Drogba namely.

I think here is not what is right or wrong. It will differ from either Barca, Chelsea or neutral fan. As long as you win you win. Everyone has equal options. Everyone can park bus, or dive or do whatever. We tried to get penalty from diving in past.

And if one says a team that is so talented shouldnt rely on diving. What difference that makes with parking bus? We should play more offensive with all that talent. Yeah its way of play, but its also very unpleasant one to watch, much like diving is. I dont realy care though, if we can win with that so be it. If barca wins it like that so be it. As long the ref makes rightful decisions. This game, juve made some nasty tackles too. And Barca didnt win because of diving or cheating. They won with good football. First was brilliance, second was deflection and third was counter attack done as it should be.

True that mate, but its in most teams nowdays. When you are ahead and even so in CL final, you will try to waste some time, lay on ground etc. Drogba did that, Im sure Hazard and rest would be told to waste time by Mou if we were ahead in 75min of Cl final.

Honestly, this barca team is much less of diving team than one from few years ago. Neymar stands out, but he was diver in every team he played.

Very true, and it gets on my nerves even when we do it. I get frustrated and angry at it when its so blatantly obvious and unprofessional.

Well tbh its largely the same team but with Suarez, Mascherano and Neymar in for Villa, Puyol and Eto'o. And Suarez and Neymar are the worst diving offenders (with Busquets, but don't get me started on him) so I think they're worse now.

Juve would not have scored if they didn't defend high up the pitch. They were struggling when they were deep. Barca got stuck in their own half and their stubbornnes to keep the ball despite the lack of good passing options led to to Juve's goal. It started with Ter Stegen passing the ball to Pique instead of kicking the ball away, who then also looked to pass the ball... If Dani Alves just kicked the ball away instead of trying to reach Neymar who was so far up the pitch and practically out of reach, Marchisio would never have gotten the chance to play Lichtsteiner through.

Strange to focus on a period of roughly 10 min btw. Juve were the lesser team for the majority of the game, and Barca had plenty of opportunities to score. Juve didn't do Barca any favours, Barca's nonchalance (and Buffon's brilliance) kept Juve in the game. Juve couldn't handle their pressing. The amount of times Juve gave the ball away was astonishing. Brilliant defending by Barca today.

Why is it strange? not at all. im not saying Juve needed to win the game or were the better side in the 90 mintues, im just analyzing the most important phase of the game, the phase where the games changed twice, where the winning goal was scored. Juve got their goal and after that Barcelona couldnt push to win the game, im saying that from Juve's view they shouldnt have left so much space in behind, keep attacking but dont be so naive. You cant do that against those players.

Why is it strange? not at all. im not saying Juve needed to win the game or were the better side in the 90 mintues, im just analyzing the most important phase of the game, the phase where the games changed twice, where the winning goal was scored. Juve got their goal and after that Barcelona couldnt push to win the game, im saying that from Juve's view they shouldnt have left so much space in behind, keep attacking but dont be so naive. You cant do that against those players.

They were 1-0 behind and I think Allegri made the tactical change in an attempt to win. It got them a goal, but they also conceded. Barca's super trio can do that to you. I really can't blame him for it. There's no correct defensive plan against this Barca side. They defended deep at first, but Barca still created chances.

They were 1-0 behind and I think Allegri made the tactical change in an attempt to win. It got them a goal, but they also conceded. Barca's super trio can do that to you. I really can't blame him for it. There's no correct defensive plan against this Barca side. They defended deep at first, but Barca still created chances.

I dont think Barca post-Morata's goal were in a position to go and dominate Juve, create lots of chances around the box, taking over the ball, they were not automatically up for it after that goal. They were not like 'ok we conceded, we're still the better team and we're going to score', the approch was the opposite imo. Juve kept controling the match.

Allegri's tactical change was correct to get back in it, but it should have changed after they scored. Juve are not that good to keep going that same way.

There's no correct defensive plan, but like we saw from Barca vs Bayern, the correct plan is not to let Barca counter attacking for a long period (10-15 mintues is a long period). Juventus were brave, too brave in my opinion.

Allegri's tactical change was correct to get back in it, but it should have changed after they scored. Juve are not that good to keep going that same way. There's no correct defensive plan, but like we saw from Barca vs Bayern, the correct plan is not to let Barca counter attacking for a long period (10-15 mintues is a long period). Juventus were brave, too brave in my opinion.

It could just as easily have gone the other way though. If Juventus immediately retreated after they equalised and then ended up conceding, people would moan about how they should have gone for the second goal while the momentum was with them.

It's extremely difficult to get the balance right against this Barca side. We've seen so many different approaches from good teams playing against them these past few months alone, from those going completely gung-ho (Bayern, Valencia) to those pressing more sanely (Bilbao, Sevilla) to those sitting deeper and playing on the counter (Atleti, Real) but Barcelona have too many solutions. In truth they were always going to win that final, regardless of opposition tactics.

We're witnessing the greatest team of this modern era/the greatest player of all time and all you guys can do is hate? Wow....

I expect this nonsense from Madridistas.

We are, but it doesn't help that 75% of Barca's starting 11 are despicable cunts.

Alba, Pique, Alves, Busquets, Suarez, and Neymar

Evra has lost 4 out of 5 finals.

This 2015 Barca team is great but it's a notch below some of the all time CL teams. I'd say Inter Milan 2010, Manchester United 2008 tier.

We're witnessing the greatest team of this modern era/the greatest player of all time and all you guys can do is hate? Wow....

I expect this nonsense from Madridistas.

Most football fans are like this regardless of the club they support, don't be naive. You'll find dickheads supporting every club in the world, just like everything else in life.