The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Oh man, that was so satisfying to watch as an Anderlecht-fan. Especially knowing they should have lost two weeks ago as well...

With a little luck, Anderlecht could have had 7 points already and no one could have argued it.

Please don't buy our entire team btw. :P

Oh man, that was so satisfying to watch as an Anderlecht-fan. Especially knowing they should have lost two weeks ago as well...

With a little luck, Anderlecht could have had 7 points already and no one could have argued it.

Please don't buy our entire team btw. :P

I wouldn't mind us buying Thielemans, other than him I don't think there's anyone who is good enough or has enough talent to be good enough for a WC team.

I wouldn't mind us buying Thielemans, other than him I don't think there's anyone who is good enough or has enough talent to be good enough for a WC team.

Dennis Praet has been massive this season. He's been our best man every CL match and the whole team crumbled after he asked for a sub against Arsenal 2 weeks ago. If he keeps playing like this, he'll be in the national squad soon, but the competition in midfield is huge.

Vanden Borre is one of my favorite Belgian players. He's had a difficult character in his younger years (he made his debut as a 16 year old, together with Kompany) and was almost lost for football, but now he's living for his job and is humble and determined. I hope he'll replace Alderweireld on the right back eventually.

Defour is just a very good CM that can completely keep a playmaker out of the match, but he's just under the absolute top level that for example Witsel reaches.

Thielemans is just insane. He's a 17 year old with the football intelligence of a 30 year old veteran.

The only thing Belgium is lacking right now, are some first class young defenders to take over in a couple of years. Kompany, Vermaelen, Lombaerts and Vertonghen will not stay young forever...

Dennis Praet has been massive this season. He's been our best man every CL match and the whole team crumbled after he asked for a sub against Arsenal 2 weeks ago. If he keeps playing like this, he'll be in the national squad soon, but the competition in midfield is huge.

Vanden Borre is one of my favorite Belgian players. He's had a difficult character in his younger years (he made his debut as a 16 year old, together with Kompany) and was almost lost for football, but now he's living for his job and is humble and determined. I hope he'll replace Alderweireld on the right back eventually.

Defour is just a very good CM that can completely keep a playmaker out of the match, but he's just under the absolute top level that for example Witsel reaches.

Thielemans is just insane. He's a 17 year old with the football intelligence of a 30 year old veteran.

The only thing Belgium is lacking right now, are some first class young defenders to take over in a couple of years. Kompany, Vermaelen, Lombaerts and Vertonghen will not stay young forever...

I really doubt Praet can make it in the national squad, who would he replace? As long as he's playing for Anderlecht I don't think he will play for Belgium, I know he's been really good but I'm not sure if he'll be good enough for a big club.

I also would like to see Vandenborre on the RB for Belgium, Alderweireld is too poor in attack. Defour is someone I personally wouldn't select for the NT, imo Naingolan can do what Defour does and more, I'd rather see Thielemans selected.

We don't have to worry about our defence yet, Kompany is only gonna be 30, it's not that old and he's our oldest defender I think. Vermaelen shouldn't be selected anymore till he's able to play more games again.

I really doubt Praet can make it in the national squad, who would he replace? As long as he's playing for Anderlecht I don't think he will play for Belgium, I know he's been really good but I'm not sure if he'll be good enough for a big club.

I also would like to see Vandenborre on the RB for Belgium, Alderweireld is too poor in attack. Defour is someone I personally wouldn't select for the NT, imo Naingolan can do what Defour does and more, I'd rather see Thielemans selected.

We don't have to worry about our defence yet, Kompany is only gonna be 30, it's not that old and he's our oldest defender I think. Vermaelen shouldn't be selected anymore till he's able to play more games again.

We'll see about Praet, I'm certainly not seeing him in the starting eleven any time soon, but if he continues playing like this, he deserves to be called up as a reward.

I prefer a Defour/Naingolan defensive midfield if Witsel is not fit. I prefer any of them above Dembele, who in my eyes slows the game down way too much. Fellaini should be used as a joker if the game dictates so.

Yes, we're good in defense for another 5 years at least, but what worries me is that absolutely no new guys are popping up, while we keep pumping out good offensive midfielders. Closest one is Jason Denayer who's playing for Celtic in a league far far weaker than the Belgian one.

Brenton Rodgers and Pellegrini getting found out. It took a while but a fraud will always be exposed at some point.

Basically if City don't win against Bayern and CSKA vs Roma will end in a CSKA or Roma win, they are out. Good luck with that you fucking wankers.