The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Bayern were epic. Even though Englands No. 1 could have prevented two of the goals, Bayern just look like they can score when they want. Lahm is an absolute beast. Brilliant footballer.

Still, Mourinho definitely would have made a change early on if that was happening to us. Can't understand why Pelligrini didn't act earlier?

to think, people actually wanted us to play our attacking style of football against bayern... oooooh the massacre!!!

city were outclassed and as was said a couple of times today, given a lesson in football.

They are all naïve. Pellegrini was so naïve too to use 2 strikers against bayern, which means 2 people that don't defend against guardiola who dominates the middle, is a horrible and naïve decision.

They are all naïve. Pellegrini was so naïve too to use 2 strikers against bayern, which means 2 people that don't defend against guardiola who dominates the middle, is a horrible and naïve decision.

precisely. i was actually shocked with city's team sheet itself. RICHARDS!!! seriously!!! i mean first match of the season against the bloody champions of europe and selceted ahead of zabaleta. nasri, navas defensively are pathetic, and add to it aguero and dzeko as strikers... it seemed like a joke!!!!.

precisely. i was actually shocked with city's team sheet itself. RICHARDS!!! seriously!!! i mean first match of the season against the bloody champions of europe and selceted ahead of zabaleta. nasri, navas defensively are pathetic, and add to it aguero and dzeko as strikers... it seemed like a joke!!!!.

Serious joke. He left out his best defender zabaleta and made his substitutions too late. I don't know whether he thought going all out attack will be enough to score goals but at the end they didn't create anything at all only 3 shots on target. We were far better attacking with only one striker

Serious joke. He left out his best defender zabaleta and made his substitutions too late. I don't know whether he thought going all out attack will be enough to score goals but at the end they didn't create anything at all only 3 shots on target. We were far better attacking with only one striker

If Pellegrini starting with 2 STs wasn't naive enough, it's probably even more ridiculous that he did not rectify their problems in midfield at HT when City were only 1-0 down by getting another midfielder on. Had Mancini still been in charge, yesterday's humiliation probably wouldn't have happened.

If Pellegrini starting with 2 STs wasn't naive enough, it's probably even more ridiculous that he did not rectify their problems in midfield at HT when City were only 1-0 down by getting another midfielder on. Had Mancini still been in charge, yesterday's humiliation probably wouldn't have happened.

I agree with your criticism towards Pellegrini, but to say Mancini would have done a better job is untrue...

The Chilean is playing at a high risk with the approach he is taking at ManCity, but that goes both ways, it can be a hit or a miss. But when they do hit the sweetspot, they look incredible. The thing is Pellegrini is trying to implement a very offensive team in a new league, so that obviously takes a lot of adjustment time.

The Italian might not have been trashed by Bayern or any other team, but he wouldnt have steamrolled United also (talking about last year). He was doing a great job until he decided to change the system and focus on defence abd midfield, acting somewhat like a coward. Being more caution, Mancini avoided both ends, but that doesnt mean he was doing a good job (not in the slightest).

Roberto in 2012 is a much worse manager than Manuel is right now. They have very different mentalities, but Mancini was completely losing it last year. City were drawing and looking very bad, but now they have looked very good (although they seem to play until 1-0 and then stop).

I agree with your criticism towards Pellegrini, but to say Mancini would have done a better job is untrue...

The Chilean is playing at a high risk with the approach he is taking at ManCity, but that goes both ways, it can be a hit or a miss. But when they do hit the sweetspot, they look incredible. The thing is Pellegrini is trying to implement a very offensive team in a new league, so that obviously takes a lot of adjustment time.

The Italian might not have been trashed by Bayern or any other team, but he wouldnt have steamrolled United also (talking about last year). He was doing a great job until he decided to change the system and focus on defence abd midfield, acting somewhat like a coward. Being more caution, Mancini avoided both ends, but that doesnt mean he was doing a good job (not in the slightest).

Roberto in 2012 is a much worse manager than Manuel is right now. They have very different mentalities, but Mancini was completely losing it last year. City were drawing and looking very bad, but now they have looked very good (although they seem to play until 1-0 and then stop).

Pellegrini may be implementing a new style of play at City but it's one thing trying to play attacking football and another be a tad more streetwise in the approach against certain teams. Mourinho has arguably been trying to change our style of play and implement a new one but yet, he's still adaptable in his approach in setting us up differently for certain games, even though we have probably suffered a bit from it.

As for Mancini, am just looking at his approach and suitability against Bayern specifically, not the overall situation with him and Pellegrini at City.

Pellegrini may be implementing a new style of play at City but it's one thing trying to play attacking football and another be a tad more streetwise in the approach against certain teams. Mourinho has arguably been trying to change our style of play and implement a new one but yet, he's still adaptable in his approach in setting us up differently for certain games, even though we have probably suffered a bit from it.

I get that, but the thing is City played well in every game (besides yesterday's UCL match). But they stop performing after they make 1-0, as if they had won already. So, the problem is not how Pellegrini sets up the team nor how he approaches the games, it is in their mebtal strength and focus during the course of the game...

To be quite honest, I mock many people who think EPL experience is the most important thing in the world, but I think Manuel is suffering in that area. He seems to still be in La Liga, where a small team gives up after being down against the big two, something that clearly doesnt happen in UK. And another problem he has due to the lack of EPL experience is the subs, he always make typical Spanish subs (putting the team foward when not necessary), but doesnt protect the results too much.

So, overall, I dont think Pellegrini's game plans can be questioned. But there are definitely other areas where he has been horrible!

As for Mancini, am just looking at his approach and suitability against Bayern specifically, not the overall situation with him and Pellegrini at City.

Oh ok, sorry! ;)

I get that, but the thing is City played well in every game (besides yesterday's UCL match). But they stop performing after they make 1-0, as if they had won already. So, the problem is not how Pellegrini sets up the team nor how he approaches the games, it is in their mebtal strength and focus during the course of the game...

To be quite honest, I mock many people who think EPL experience is the most important thing in the world, but I think Manuel is suffering in that area. He seems to still be in La Liga, where a small team gives up after being down against the big two, something that clearly doesnt happen in UK. And another problem he has due to the lack of EPL experience is the subs, he always make typical Spanish subs (putting the team foward when not necessary), but doesnt protect the results too much

The thing is, City may have been doing well, but the warning signs were already there for City this season in that midfield and defensively as a team. Their away games in the Premier League, especially, have illustrated that. They are lacking the control in midfield with only 2 players in there and teams have found it easy at times to play around there and mind you, despite thrashing United in the derby, there were massive gaps in between City's defence and midfield which Rooney exploited it but to no avail thanks the rubbishness of his team that day. And yet despite all of this, Pellegrini did not look tighten things up yesterday.

Also it wasn't just about the lack of mental strength and focus yesterday, the key issue was the setup. Any team playing a 4-4-2 against that Bayern team is extremely suicidal, even for a team with quality and/or with great mental strength and concentration. And again, am only focusing at the game alone yesterday. So, don't get why you are suddenly looking into other aspects of Pellegrini.

The thing is, City may have been doing well, but the warning signs were already there for City this season in that midfield and defensively as a team. Their away games in the Premier League, especially, have illustrated that. They are lacking the control in midfield with only 2 players in there and teams have found it easy at times to play around there and mind you, despite thrashing United in the derby, there were massive gaps in between City's defence and midfield which Rooney exploited it but to no avail thanks the rubbishness of his team that day. And yet despite all of this, Pellegrini did not look tighten things up yesterday.

Also it wasn't just about the lack of mental strength and focus yesterday, the key issue was the setup. Any team playing a 4-4-2 against that Bayern team is extremely suicidal, even for a team with quality and/or with great mental strength and concentration. And again, am only focusing at the game alone yesterday. So, don't get why you are suddenly looking into other aspects of Pellegrini.

And people thought mourinho was stupid to make mata improve his defensive side. Mourinho is not naïve like pelegrini and would never allow a 3 vs 2 midfield, never.

That's what puts him above benitez, pellegrini and many other good managers