Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

they quote "the mirror" any club would want gael on a free ...we have to trust roman ..this isnt a jole cole scenario

I hope so. Anyway, Kakuta's getting much more game time now, with Bena out long term we'll see him get more opportunities.

• 2 weeks later...
Today Ancelotti started Gael Kakuta in an attacking trio, in front of a midfield including Ramires. Ancelotti explained he swapped Kakuta with Yury Zhirkov at the break to give both players a half following their international duty. 'Kakuta is a very good player, showing fantastic personality. At that age, he is very young, but he is a player ready to play for us.'Football is not just power. On top of power it is skills, ability and instinct. Kakuta has a fantastic ability.'Ramires is doing very well. He played two games for the national team, he was not 100 per cent, Kakuta as well.

Let's hope he gets back to 100% fitness and is given another chance.

• 3 weeks later...

Malouda was a winger when he joined us. I believe Kakuta doesn't "belong" on the wings as he's not that fast and his creativity is wasted there.Our system is more similar to a 4-3-3 with Anelka having a free role than 4-3-2-1. Much like Deco I don't see how our formation suits his style.

I wouldn't like us to have a winger who is all about pace and doesn't have much skill. If you take Bale for example, he kicks ball in front of him and runs after it. I don't like that. IMo, skill > pace.

Kakuta knocked it around great yesterday and when our flair was showing in the game he looked right at home imo.

We're keeping him, that should be final imo whistling.gif

He's a fantastic talent and he'll have time to adjust into the team properly

I wouldn't like us to have a winger who is all about pace and doesn't have much skill. If you take Bale for example, he kicks ball in front of him and runs after it. I don't like that. IMo, skill > pace.

Are you kidding me?

Bale has a lethal pass, he can pick anyone out and deliver a great cross. His dribbling ability is outstanding & he can finish them like some of the best! I know this thread isn't about Bale, but seriously, he's not Theo Walcott :lol:

Are you kidding me?

Bale has a lethal pass, he can pick anyone out and deliver a great cross. His dribbling ability is outstanding & he can finish them like some of the best! I know this thread isn't about Bale, but seriously, he's not Theo Walcott :lol:

Bale will not last very long he can do other things but if you watch him he usally beats his man with pace and power, pace and power does not last very long for a winger of his ilk.

Anyway back on point kakuta showed a carefree attitude yesterday with his excellent dribbling ability, also his delivery was good to sturridge.

Bale will not last very long he can do other things but if you watch him he usally beats his man with pace and power, pace and power does not last very long for a winger of his ilk.

Anyway back on point kakuta showed a carefree attitude yesterday with his excellent dribbling ability, also his delivery was good to sturridge.

thought Gael had his best cameo show last night ,,,also pleased with Danny ..as for Josh :now take it for granted he will give a mature display ..

like a very young Ballack ....amazing

Malouda was a winger when he joined us. I believe Kakuta doesn't "belong" on the wings as he's not that fast and his creativity is wasted there.Our system is more similar to a 4-3-3 with Anelka having a free role than 4-3-2-1. Much like Deco I don't see how our formation suits his style.

Malouda and Kakuta have similair pace and Kakuta is more explosive (quicker over short distance) so i don't think pace will be his problem.

In 2, 3 years Kakuta could also take Lampard's place in midfield and play in a similair role to Lampard's in his younger years (attacking midfielder, Kakuta's natural role).

Are you kidding me?

Agree with all he is great player, but i don't agree that he is outstanding at dribbling. Watch those two games against Inter again and you will see that he outpaced them.

On topic.

Agree with Blue Hart abou explosiveness.

What do you think about his and Josh's position. Josh can also play in the hole. How could we use them both?