Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

Anelka an kakuta are 2 different players, anelka should play as a forward and that's it because that is what he is. Playing kakuta increases the potency of Drogba because he is way more creative than anelka. I think kakuta is ready, ever since he has joined this club he has blown us away. He has been killing it in the euro under 19's and he can add something to the first team now.

But when it boils down to it, I'd rather see Anelka through one-on-one with van der Sar than Kakuta.

I'd much rather see kakuta.

He is the future of chelsea, the more opportunities he has to end up in such an attacking situation is only a good thing.

That was something special today against Spain in the Under 19 final. It certainly wasnt his best performance in the tournament but one mazey run, taking on and beating two defenders, getting a shot away but seeing it saved only to play an inch perfect lobbed cross to the back post for his team mate to head into the empty net, simply put one moment of magic from Kakuta won France the Euro Under 19 Championship.

Gael was the star of the tournament, like Torres was when he played in it, like Aquilani was when he played in it. Its easy to see why so many people are excited about Kakuta, who is different to anyone else we have in our squad, we can take a player on and beat them, he spots so many clever passes and he has a real football brain, I cant wait to se him in the first team.

I'd much rather see kakuta.

He is the future of chelsea, the more opportunities he has to end up in such an attacking situation is only a good thing.

He will definitely get more playing time this season. Think the u-19 european championships may have helped him to a certain degree as well.

I'm also keen to see Conor Clifford but that's a long shot when you have Essien, Lampard, Mikel and possibly Ramires in the centre of the park.

• 2 weeks later...

Really need to start blooding Kakuta this season. The more time he gets the quicker he will settle into the team and the better he can be. Time to stop pussy-footing about, we have one of the best young talents around and we need to use him

I agree 100% but carlo seems to worry about his physical nature, carlo said he is physically not ready, but he is ready technically.

Edited by Badboy

I agree 100% but carlo seems to worry about his physical nature, carlo said he is physically not ready, but he is ready technically.

Don't agree with that, didn't see him struggle physically when he got his chance. Gym work will only get you so far too, to deal truly with the physical nature of football you have to play in it! Reserves football in no way replicates that, which is why (and i have said it plenty of times) that this country will only bring through better quality youngsters once reserve teams are allowed to compete in league football.

• 2 weeks later...