Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

oh yea he is very special player ,, reminds me of right phillips but kakuta seems more faster ..

wish he could play always like this :)

thx

He is no were near wright phillips in terms of speed. He is very quick but not wright phillips quick kakuta has attacking midfielders pace SWP has wingers pace 2 different types of speed. He has a much better brain then wright phillips even at this stage of his development.

Edited by Badboy

He is no were near wright phillips in terms of speed. He is very quick but not wright phillips quick kakuta has attacking midfielders pace SWP has wingers pace 2 different types of speed. He has a much better brian then wright phillips even at this stage of his development.

SWP is just a dumb winger.

kakuta has that Ora about him that only the c.ronaldo's and messi's had at that age, not to mention his skills.

it's a shame a fan on here has compared an idiot with a real potential star.. big shame, another Chelsea fan who needs his brain checked and clearly needs to see players like kakuta in barca/milan shirts to realize it .

SWP is just a dumb winger.

kakuta has that Ora about him that only the c.ronaldo's and messi's had at that age, not to mention his skills.

it's a shame a fan on here has compared an idiot with a real potential star.. big shame, another Chelsea fan who needs his brain checked and clearly needs to see players like kakuta in barca/milan shirts to realize it .

Badboy did say that Kakuta has a much better brain than SW-P even though he's only 18.

• 4 months later...

Yeah I really think this lad needs more game time, he's a joy to watch because you never know what he's going to do - he has got that bit of unpredictable magic and explosive spark we are sometimes so crying out for.

I've been disappointed by how many chances he's had this season, hinting a lack of development perhaps.

Not for me, hinting at a lack of confidence from Ancelotti to use the youngsters once we hit a certain point. Kakuta showed what sort of impact he can have on the first team, and has had a decent season for the reserves too, a little up and down but thats what reserve football is like.

I dont really know if i would like to see him in deco's position esk. I think he is more dangerous in the last third of the pitch. kakuta is very hard to knock off the ball like messi so playing him in midfield would utilise his vision better because he will be able to see the whole pitch. But his ability to run at player with close control has got to be considered.

• 3 weeks later...

MY WEEK AT WORK: STEVE HOLLAND

Posted on: Fri 30 Apr 2010

The best training…

Gael Kakuta early in the week. We had a 3 v 3 in a tight area session. Gael has incredible ability and he was having one of those days where he is almost unplayable. It can be entertaining watching him play when in that sort of mood, and hopefully he'll excite Chelsea fans for years to come.

http://www.chelseafc...ge/LatestNews/0,,10268~2039964,00.html

I barely heard anything about him lately. Made his debut for us in the league against Wolves, but after he missed his penalty against Blackburn he seems to be a bit out of the spotlights. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, it could work out well for his development (after all he has had enough media-attention with all the transfer-ban rubbish). But wich of the two is it; did the club keep him out of the spotlights or has he just been under-performing and therefore doesn't make the headlines? P.s; I couldn't find individual player profiles for the reserves/youth, so thought i would create a new topic..

Edited by Blueboy