Gaël Kakuta

PaulHopkins

Agree with all he is great player, but i don't agree that he is outstanding at dribbling. Watch those two games against Inter again and you will see that he outpaced them.

On topic.

Agree with Blue Hart abou explosiveness.

What do you think about his and Josh's position. Josh can also play in the hole. How could we use them both?

Josh will be a central midfielder and kakuta will either play in the hole our he can play wide left.

Josh will be a central midfielder and kakuta will either play in the hole our he can play wide left.

Yup, that's the way i see it to. Josh as the playmaker and Kakuta as the attacking midfielder.

(Possible future midfield)

Mikel McEachran

Kakuta

• 4 weeks later...

Also, I don't see how a move to AC Milan will be any better for his development..

Their attack has; Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Pato and even Inzaghi. Of which only 2 play in the current formation, at a time. How he'd break through there, I don't understand. Illogical move.

Also, I don't see how a move to AC Milan will be any better for his development..

Their attack has; Ibrahimovic, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Pato and even Inzaghi. Of which only 2 play in the current formation, at a time. How he'd break through there, I don't understand. Illogical move.

I am not sure, but i think Inzaghi is injured till the end of the season... Whatever, it doesn't change the problem... Kakuta won't be able to bench the likes of Ibra, Pato, Ronnie and Robinho. And if he's able to do so, he should stay with us because at the moment, it would be easier to bench Anelka than Ibraimovich (in my opinion) lol.

Or maybe, it's just because he will earn more $$$$...

I am not sure, but i think Inzaghi is injured till the end of the season... Whatever, it doesn't change the problem... Kakuta won't be able to bench the likes of Ibra, Pato, Ronnie and Robinho. And if he's able to do so, he should stay with us because at the moment, it would be easier to bench Anelka than Ibraimovich (in my opinion) lol.

Or maybe, it's just because he will earn more $$...

Yeah you're right about Inzaghi. And right on the players ahead. Perhaps it could be a money issue why he'd leave. But even looking at Bayern Munich, he won't break into their first team any time soon either. Like you said, it's easier for him to break into our little squad this season. I hope this is how he sees it.

perhaps he wants the racist chants he will get in Italy

• 3 weeks later...

From Twitter:

chelseayouth Chelsea Youth Gael Kakuta is set to be loaned to a French club for the second half of the season to get some much needed playing time (cont)...

chelseayouth Chelsea Youth ...according to French reports. Such a move is being spoken of as the coup of the upcoming window for whoever wins the race to sign him...

NEW DEAL FOR KAKUTA

:delight: :delight: :dance::dunce:

Chelsea Football Club is pleased to announce that Gael Kakuta has signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract.

The 19-year-old originally joined the club in July 2007 and made his first-team debut in November 2009. This season he has made four starts and five substitute appearances taking his overall tally to five starts plus eight games as a sub.

Having committed himself to the club until 2015, Kakuta spoke to the Official Chelsea Website about his delight at the new deal and his immediate targets.

'Since I signed for Chelsea when I was 16 all I was thinking about was to get to the first team. Now I have been playing a few times with the first team and I have signed for four-and-a-half more years I have to make a way for myself into the starting 11, and make my dream come true.

'The manager said to me it is the right time to play and I think for me it is as well. It's my job to do my best and try to play more often and show the coach that I am good enough to play in the team.'

Kakuta has progressed into the France Under 20 squad this season having won the European Under 19s Championships with his nation in the summer. He was named Uefa's Golden Player for the tournament.

At Chelsea this season Carlo Ancelotti has deployed him as a wide man in the front three and used him in five out of six Champions League group games, starting him in two including the home game against group runners-up Marseille.

'It is a dream when you are young to play in the Champions League and I hope I will play more games.

'It is always good to play with players with more experience, you learn quicker and to improve quicker is good for our development.'