English players...

BlueLyon

Since we are english club, I think maybe we should aquire english players, not just foreign.

Possibilities are Kyle Walker, Wilshere, Chamberlain,...

Maybe you know which home players could do at Chelsea? Write few suggestions if you like.

Personaly I think Walker would be good buy, he reminds me of Roberto Carlos, Marcelo and Dani Alves a bit. Ashley Cole have to be mentioned aswell. Good in passing, very quick and makes returns in defence. Not to mention his great long shot. Tottenham might be willing to sell him, they have Rose on that position, but the price will be extra salty...Englishman, capped in national team, regular starter, talent abilities, young + this: ''Chelsea is buying him? Tell them, if they raise offer for another 15mio, we agree...They''ll do''

i just think, this Abramovich buying has cost us even more money nowdays. Everyone knows if we want to buy a player, we will get him, but they will first refuse, knowing we will always come with improved offer...That saga with Modrič was just ridiculous. First we offered 30 mio, than 40 mio and maybe more. They didnt sold him, while we showed if we want to buy someone, the club will want more, because they know they can get it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we are english club, I think maybe we should aquire english players, not just foreign.

Possibilities are Kyle Walker, Wilshere, Chamberlain,...

Maybe you know which home players could do at Chelsea? Write few suggestions if you like.

Personaly I think Walker would be good buy, he reminds me of Roberto Carlos, Marcelo and Dani Alves a bit. Ashley Cole have to be mentioned aswell. Good in passing, very quick and makes returns in defence. Not to mention his great long shot. Tottenham might be willing to sell him, they have Rose on that position, but the price will be extra salty...Englishman, capped in national team, regular starter, talent abilities, young + this: ''Chelsea is buying him? Tell them, if they raise offer for another 15mio, we agree...They''ll do''

i just think, this Abramovich buying has cost us even more money nowdays. Everyone knows if we want to buy a player, we will get him, but they will first refuse, knowing we will always come with improved offer...That saga with Modrič was just ridiculous. First we offered 30 mio, than 40 mio and maybe more. They didnt sold him, while we showed if we want to buy someone, the club will want more, because they know they can get it.

You seem to forget that player you mentioned are owned by our bitter rivals.

What you say about Modric saga has happened just because of that reason, Tottenham didn't want to sell their best player to a rival. Simple as that.

Wish this Kyle Walker hype would stop, we had this same shit with Glen Johnson 3 years ago. Fed up off these over-hyped English players, what has Walker actually done to deserve all this praise? he can't defend to save his life.

Kyle Walker is ridiculously over-rated. I swear anyone that can run faster than the average player these days qualifies as a 'great young talent'. If nurtured properly, our very own Todd Kane will become England's first-choice RB!

Walker is Walcott at RB instead of RW. He is fast so naturally he is a great player.

Ashley Cole was a freak occurence and I doubt ever get another player from Arsenal. I have a feeling Wilshere and Chamberlain are quite in love with Arsenal, while Cole was different as he didn't give two fucks Arsenal as all he cared about was trophies and money; both of which he got lots of at Chelsea.

Do Welsh, Irish and Scottish players go under home grown rules or are they listed as foreign talent?

Kyle Walker is ridiculously over-rated. I swear anyone that can run faster than the average player these days qualifies as a 'great young talent'. If nurtured properly, our very own Todd Kane will become England's first-choice RB!

I would say is Sam Hutchinson makes a full recovery, he will wank all over Walker.

English players aren't off the highest quality.

The fact England play Downing and Young yet Spain are struggling to find room in their team for Silva and Mata says it all.

English right backs aren't exactly of the highest quality though are they? Saying that we have decent left backs.

To tell the truth, there are very few quality right-backs out there right now...And a lot of the good ones are out of form...

Forget British players, unless you want us to be like Liverpool. I don't know what's going on with this fifa fair play home grown rule stuff but in todays football you just need to get the best players and nurture your own as well if possible. It needs to have a bit of a mix. Benfica had no portuguese players against us, Inter had no Italians in the 2010 UCL final. I swear it's only England moaning at the lack of their own players.

We're just like everybody else except Athletic Bilbao who are absolutely 1st class at what they do.

Kenny Dalglish still thinks it's 1986.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You