English players...

BlueLyon

arsenal showed it is possible to make realitively unknown player regular starter in six months...he might not be yet on consistant level, but he played great against milan and is clearly good enough to play often. im talking bout chamberlain btw. he was no experienced with pl before, but six months were enough. i think we should try with one or two players per season, because there is clearly enough place in squad, since we dont have consistant players. we actualy did something with bertrand, but he might need to play more if he might be used in bigger games in future. next year, m choices would be lukaku and de bruyne and maybe kane. bertrand obviously, while mceachran, piazon, davila, kalas, pva, bruma, courtois, chalobah, bamford and kakuta should be loaned. unless we wont buy anything big i summer (which might happen), than these youngsters might be already useful to use in fa cup and less important matches...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England is producing some decent players atm but its a far cry from South America, many parts of Europe and even parts of Africa. English football is going through a tough period at the moment but these things are cyclical (unless you happen to hail from Brazil) and eventually England will equal the best at youth production. Its always very difficult to come off a golden generation, Australia, for example, produced some of our GOAT players during the 90s and 00s but the current crop aren't quite as good as those youngsters that first made the move to Europe in the last 2 decades. Of course, like England, our youth production is decent but amongst the current group of youngsters I see no Mark Viduka's or Tim Cahill's or Mark Schwarzer's. Similarly, there aren't any new Paul Scholes' or Wayne Rooney's amongst the English youngsters.

Tbh, there aren't a whole lot of English players that I would like to see at Chelsea, Chamberlain perhaps..

Clyne, Jarvis, Parker, Steven Fletcher, James Morrison, James McCarthy... I agree that the average english player is overrated and I can do nothing but laugh at Liverpool and the Downings. But there's also quality, but in fact it's just a shame how some british players are overrated whereas others ones are underrated.

Like Henderson for 20 Mil?

He had a good potential but I fear that Dalglish's awful management to play him as a starter in that complete mess will affect his carrer and progression. He will become an average player

If we are wanting a English right back, then its got to be Micah Richards, best English right back these days but hes at City so I doubt he'd move or we could go for young Nathaniel Clyne at Crystal Palace, looks a good up and coming player.

Micah Richards hasn't any tactical awareness and his limits were highligted in Champions League football.

Clyne would be a very interesting buy, far better one than Walker. But let's wait how our own Kane and Hutchinson will do in the near future

Clyne, Jarvis, Parker, Steven Fletcher, James Morrison, James McCarthy... I agree that the average english player is overrated and I can do nothing but laugh at Liverpool and the Downings. But there's also quality, but in fact it's just a shame how some british players are overrated whereas others ones are underrated.

He had a good potential but I fear that Dalglish's awful management to play him as a starter in that complete mess will affect his carrer and progression. He will become an average player

Micah Richards hasn't any tactical awareness and his limits were highligted in Champions League football.

Clyne would be a very interesting buy, far better one than Walker. But let's wait how our own Kane and Hutchinson will do in the near future

Hutchinson is like 23 and like Essien has just returned to football from a very bad lengthy injury so he probably won't even be as good as he was before plus he hasn't even played for the first team since signing that new contract so I fear he will be a squad player who is very rarely used. Hopefully he can prove me wrong but I don't think he will be as good as before and isn't he normally a center back? Plus you mentioned Todd Kane who is looking decent but he needs another season or two at least with the reserves or on loan at a PL/championship club before getting a look in I think.

You also mentioned Richard's tactical awareness but in all fairness I think he has been City's most consistent performer except Joe Hart, he is a machine, built like a center back, who has got loads of pace like a full back and he can play in both full back and center back positions so he is also versatile. Maybe he was out of his depth in the CL but aren't most players who haven't played in it before? Gary Cahill was very very shaky against Napoli for example.

Clyne, Jarvis, Parker, Steven Fletcher, James Morrison, James McCarthy... I agree that the average english player is overrated

English, English, English, Scottish, Scottish and Irish. Three out of six isn't that bad.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You