English players...

BlueLyon

for me the best english players are already at top english clubs,Hart Rooney, Wilshire, Welbeck, Sturridge, Parker the only player i can see moving in the future is Adam Johnson purely cos he dont get the games at city, would love that guy at Chelsea.

I know i aint named alot but for me they are the best we got atm and all but one are our future for England....sorry i forget Baines he could move on to a top 1-5 club but then again Everton aint to far off from that

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we are wanting a English right back, then its got to be Micah Richards, best English right back these days but hes at City so I doubt he'd move or we could go for young Nathaniel Clyne at Crystal Palace, looks a good up and coming player.

The only English players i'd accept are maybe Defoe, Adam Johnson, Chamberlain, and Young. Maybe Milner as a CM. There are quality British players about but not as many as so many other counties. We aren't as technically good as too many top football playing nations. We may do ok in the prem (5th, 6th max) but we'd never be in the UCL and we'd never win anything.

Sad to say, but true. We need to tech our youngsters how to pass and move instead of whacking the ball 60 yards.

I think the main problem with the English is the fact that they teach their young players that winning comes first and football comes second. The mentality is totally different in main land Europe, in Holland the kids are told to have fun and to try and control the ball in tight spaces with opponents around them and to look up and find a team mate. The young players are told to pass the ball and to move into spaces, in England the kids are told to find the top corner with a driving shot 90% of the time. You'll have the coach screaming things like '' DANNY SHOOT THE BALL WHEN YOU HAVE SPACE '' lol and its not productive because the kid learns to only play through adrenaline like Joey Barton and it does not work.

Ashley Cole was from my point of view along Roberto Carlos best LB for past 10 years. Great defender, remember his sick form from 2009-10, when we were champions. Also great before and after, consistant...played in 2 CL finals with 2 different teams and regular choice of UEFA/Fifa team of the year...Lampard and Terry are two another players from England, that play(ed) major part for out team past 10 years. All I am saying, I cant imagine Chelsea without few englishman. What would Chelsea be without Terry, Lamps and Cole? No one cant imagine that. Yes, we are in modern times now and technic skill goes before strenght, but we are English club and should stick to our strenght and tough players with Lampard abilities. English teams were winning because of their English players (United with Scholes, Neville,...), Arsenal with Campbell, A.Cole,...and we with Lamps, Terry and Cole...With too many spanish players or players of such type, we will eventualy become Real or Barca, who fall and dive for everything...3 years ago, we played against barca equal football, but on our own way...Why change that now?

With English targets, I meant that it is last time to search for next Lampard...oh, wait, we already found him :) Josh Mceachran is his name, but he must play to actualy become our regular.

Btw, Arsenal tried more ''spanish'' style of football and look where they are? They have bunch of Wallcots, Artetas,...not strong players to be consistant in PL. We are becoming like them...You are forgetting that we are English football and should play english style with premier league players, not some Spanish, that cant catch rhytm in england...Arsenal stand in final for last time, when they had strong, experienced players, not this youngsters they posses now.

While England as country is completely different thing. English clubs have been always much more successive, than national team...Lampard, Scholes, Terry are regarded as one of best players on their positions for the past 20 years and yet they never managed much with England.

It is in nature that English clubs will always play better with strong players, rather than quick and ''spanish'' style players...Arsenal is good example.United lost their English strenght in midfield, now they cant get top in CL, Arsenal same...Chelsea same...With spanish players, we might play nicer and quicker, but they wont handle all season in PL. That is case with Arsenal last year. good team, but not suitable for PL. good, but not capable of playing top in tought PL for all year...In europe maybe, but not in PL.

Problem is that nowdays, there are no Ashely Coles and Lampards and Gerrards, because Chelsea is more willing to buy spaniard Mata, instead of picking up ''next Lampard'' Mceachran...City buys Silva, instead of playing with Andrew Johnson, one of biggest talents of English football (at least he was). United wants new Ronaldo, instead of giving chance to Cleverly istead...And soo...English youth is realy dissapointment in recent seasons...Dont you see that? And you want even more foreign players? How are we ever going to have English midfield again? I'd love to have Essien, Malouda, Lamps, Didi, Ballack, Anelka before all Barca squad any time...They might play nice, but i never saw bigger cheaters in football...Iniesta, Pique, Busquets, Pedro, Villa,...We are English club and we should play like one with English players. Sure, not all of them, in fact 2 would do enough (like now we have Lamps and cole and Terry). Get young english playmaker (mceachran) and build team around him with spanish, brazilian, german, french, italian,,..players. But at least have english captain and playmaker...Or we can forget about english football in future. Why? the best spanish players will always play in Real/Barca and others might go to chelsea, city, united,...Than we would see match between Real (top spaniards) and Chelsea (*other spaniards) and you can bet Real would win anytime. But with our style, squad and spirit, strong team and ball control, we would be beast. In past, we were...Back in 2009-10, Barca was already a top team, Spanish players regarded as best, yet we didint had 1! single spanish player and yet we won Premier league and played excellent against barca...I truly want such strong team once again...Just look back, what great goals were in that season...And the creators? Lampard, Ashely Cole, Drogba, Ballack, Essien, Malouda and Anelka (and Joe Cole). Very spanish indeed...Beast of players, truly english styled...

Now we have creative Mata and Sturridge and...yet we cant get in top 4...Dont expect one Hazard can give us title next year...But with few players of Ballack, Essien, Lampard type, just younger might give this team old power again...On the other hand Chelsea is still a very good team, but lacks of conistancy...I say buy Hazard :)

Some patriotism, but guys, if we wont involve in youth english players AND PLAY WITH THEM, what might become of English football?

I read Walker is on Real target list. You say he is overrated, but if he might came there, I bet he would be beast. And then: oh, why we didnt bought him, when had chance...+he is english...England would probably still ''suck'' on national level, but in this case Walker would become one of best RB with Real...after all, Cole was overrated aswell, but in top club (Chelsea), on top level with top level co-players, he proved how great he is(was)...

England should create B teams to compete in Championship, like Chelsea B. just like Barca B in spain...and look how great they use talents...

Cheers...

@BlueLyon Walker is shite, nothing redeeming about him whatsoever.

Its Kaboul i feel sorry for, he is a class defender yet that clown virtually leaves him facing 2 players.

Josh McEachran is nothing like Frank Lampard btw BlueLyon....

Anyway there is no doubt the standard of players would be better if football was concentrated on more than winning, look at what it has done for Spain. They found that if they can develop players who are more than comfortable with the ball they can beat anyone no matter if their squad is full of natural winners or not. Their playing style is very simple but very unique, they keep the ball rather than just go direct forcing a chance, to try and create much more clear cut chances and tire the opposition by manipulating the ball, similar to what Villas-Boas tried to do earlier on in the season with our squad.

Typical Spanish/Dutch/Portuguese/Brazilian/Argentinian players compared to typical British players are very different, the philosophy of football is very different, while they concentrate on manipulating the ball, in Britain we were used to seeing very direct, route one football. Hence why Villas-Boas' tactics failed at Chelsea because the team is full of older players, who have played a very different game of football to the one he wanted to create. Yes maybe players ego's got in his way as well but still it is very hard for a team who has been used to playing defensively over the years to change their approach to a more free flowing and expansive type of game when they aren't exactly cut out for it in technical ability and perhaps fitness.

British players, who are capable of this sort of football are coming through academies, just they aren't getting the chance either unlike in other European and South American countries, where they are giving youth a chance.

for us to play spanish football, it would require new team...it was easier to change coach (who is more suitable for this team) that brings results...with avb; cole, lampard, mikel, essien,...would be useless. now, at least we can plan to buy what we really need; winger, rb and attacking midfielder (with flair)

mceachran is regarded as new lampard, but right now it is far away. both posses passing and ball comtrol abilities...

for us to play spanish football, it would require new team...it was easier to change coach (who is more suitable for this team) that brings results...with avb; cole, lampard, mikel, essien,...would be useless. now, at least we can plan to buy what we really need; winger, rb and attacking midfielder (with flair)

mceachran is regarded as new lampard, but right now it is far away. both posses passing and ball comtrol abilities...

Personally I always though Lampard was known for being a goal scoring midfielder, McEachran isn't a cut from the same cloth imo.

there will never be such goalscoring midfielder in chelsea again...he is extraordinary at scoring goals still...in 2005, he was rated as second best player in the world...but still not superstar...i think we will never have such player again...

Some may find the Latin game to be attractive and so on, but I find no appeal in it whatsoever. Give me 4-4-2, up and at them every time. Sacrificing a bit of quality in exchange for basic sportsmanship seems a small price to pay for me.

Nice speech but I still don't support the mediocre English players in today's generation. Their golden generation is going away with the Lampards, Terry, Gerrard and Becks.

Today give me Spanish or German players any day! :blue scalf:

Also Nick Powell from Crewe Alexandra appears to be on target list for Chelsea. 18yrs old attacking midfielder is rated at 250,000eur, I guess about 2mio should be enough for him...played on all youth english levels soo far. Arsenal is also interested in him and I hope if he is cheap, we should buy him. I dont want he becomes another Chamberlain in Arsenal...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You