Europa next Season

If its the Ropey League next season some fans on Saturday were saying it's a waste of time and energy.

It could be a great opportunity for the youngsters though - a good opportunity for the likes of Josh, De Bruyne, Kakuta, Lukaku, Courtois, Sturridge, Hutchinson, Bertrand, Bruma, Van Aanholt, Piazon and any others that we sign in the close season, to play as many games as possible for the club in what will surely be a new beginning for the squad :blue scalf:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the only positive I can see IF we miss out on CL and get into the Europa League. Apart from that, I see it as a major distraction because we would surely want to challenge for the title again or at least make sure we finish in the Top 4. Having need to play extra games in the qualifying rounds and even the round of 32 and playing on a Thurs-Sun-Thurs-Sun will seriously disrupt preparations for the league matches. So, it's a 'NO-NO' for me as the negative far outweighs the positives in this one.

remember this?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/895314/europa-league-could-be-end-for-robben?cc=5739

I feel that a lot of people (including owners) think CL is the only important trophy, all the rest are "Mickey mouse cups" (sorry!) I personally wouln't mind playing EL.

I really wouldn't mind playing in the EL next season! Fair enough it's Thursday-night football, BUT if you play a mixture of the kids and the old bastards, it'd be brilliant for the squad in general, especially if you give Lukaku/Josh/Bertrand etc 90 minutes every game.

If its the Ropey League next season some fans on Saturday were saying it's a waste of time and energy.

It could be a great opportunity for the youngsters though - a good opportunity for the likes of Josh, De Bruyne, Kakuta, Lukaku, Courtois, Sturridge, Hutchinson, Bertrand, Bruma, Van Aanholt, Piazon and any others that we sign in the close season, to play as many games as possible for the club in what will surely be a new beginning for the squad :blue scalf:

Grudgingly gave a "like" to that post.

Don't really want to think about a competition that we're not participating in yet.

I really wouldn't mind playing in the EL next season! Fair enough it's Thursday-night football, BUT if you play a mixture of the kids and the old bastards, it'd be brilliant for the squad in general, especially if you give Lukaku/Josh/Bertrand etc 90 minutes every game.

If there are any by the time we start the Europa league...

...and if you get in early with the budget airlines as the draw is announced , you can have cracking trip to an exotic place :yay: :woo: :beer:

I´d be up for some trips to cities in the former Soviet Union, where the clubs are named after Tractor Factories.

There might be even a few german teams involved so that i get to see Chelsea playing in some really exotic places ;)

Rather take Europa then end up finishing 6th with nothing at all.Even if it is seen as a 'Micky mouse' cup of whatever bollocks no reason to treat it with any less or show any less respect to the othe teams then we would at any timesEnd of the day its a trophy and thats what we should be aiming for

And considering Man U and City seemed a Manchster final was set in stone but never happened.Not as easy as made out...

And possible cheap ticket prices always a bonus :D never know with Chelsea though...

Rather take Europa then end up finishing 6th with nothing at all.Even if it is seen as a 'Micky mouse' cup of whatever bollocks no reason to treat it with any less or show any less respect to the othe teams then we would at any timesEnd of the day its a trophy and thats what we should be aiming for

And considering Man U and City seemed a Manchster final was set in stone but never happened.Not as easy as made out...

And possible cheap ticket prices always a bonus :D never know with Chelsea though...

this is the reason why Italy lost some european spots... not caring about the EL :ph34r: