Aston Villa vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling we will breeze this one, villa are in turmoil at the moment and when they go a goal down they don't even look interested at getting back into the game, I think if we can score earlyish that will silence villa park and we will go on to an easy 3 points

PLEASE REST MATA DI MATTEO

Did AVB take Romeu with him when he left Cobham? I know he's still there but it seems he's disappeared completely when it comes to playing time. Or even appearing on the bench.

yes...very strange given how well he started

Did AVB take Romeu with him when he left Cobham? I know he's still there but it seems he's disappeared completely when it comes to playing time. Or even appearing on the bench.

Actually, I think he "disappeared" a few weeks before AVB left. In fact, he has hardly played a match since the turn of the year (I think coming on for the last 15mins or so against Man utd at home was the only time he featured for us in 2012!)

Even more ridiculous considering they beat us 3-1 at the bridge...time for payback.

All thanks to the kamikaze attacking towards the end.

Also, we are the only team in the current Top 7 that have lost to Aston Villa. Embarrassing really.

It was this game if I remembered correctly..one of my fav. Anelka goals! (Terrible quality)

that was imense. First game Hiddink was in charge, if I remember correctly. What a finish by Anelka. He certainly was/is icecold infront of goal.

Cech

Ferreira - Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Essien

Meireles - Lampard

Sturridge - Drogba - Kalou

Resting Terry, Ramires, Torres and Mata for the Benfica home game.

Not sure if Ferreira is capable of playing 2 straight games in 5 days especially after he went off with a cramp on Tuesday

Cech

Ferreira - Cahill - Luiz - Cole

Essien

Meireles - Lampard

Sturridge - Drogba - Kalou

Resting Terry, Ramires, Torres and Mata for the Benfica home game.

I like that team for the circumstances. I think Malouda could play tho ahead of Kalou. Sturridge needs to play to regain some form.

I like that team for the circumstances. I think Malouda could play tho ahead of Kalou. Sturridge needs to play to regain some form.

Malouda played pretty well against Leicester...will be interesting to see if he can replicate that form.

Important we keep players fresh - Benfica is the more important game on Wednesday, but we could make changes and still win this game. Villa are looking very poor at the moment.

Cech

Bosingwa (no point pushing Ivanovic for this one if he isn't fully fit)

Cahill

David Luiz

Bertrand

Essien

Lampard

Kalou

Malouda

Sturridge

Drogba (would prefer to see Lukaku but don't expect to)

Very important to give Terry, Ashley Cole and Mata a rest. Should also keep Torres, Ramires and Mikel fresh for Benfica.