Aston Villa vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VILLA: Given, Lichaj, Collins, Baker, Warnock, Bannan, Herd, Ireland, Gardner, Weimann, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Guzan, Grealish, Heskey, Albrighton, Johnson, Williams, Carruthers.

That's really poor.

So, no Bent and N'sogbia... good!

But where are Drogba and Meireles?

"Roberto Di Matteo has revealed that Raul Meireles is likely to miss Chelsea's trip to Aston Villa on Saturday after the midfielder picked up a knee injury."

Bad line up, what the hell, Cahill didn't even play against Benfica and he isn't playing now?... good joke that. Also Mata needs a rest, he shouldn't be playing, i would of sat him out for this, for his sake, we need this guy back on form as quick as possible.

I'm more worried about the bench than the initial lineup. 4 defenders and no attackers - the only injury concern confirmed yesterday was Meireles, so how have atleast one of Drogba and Lukaku not made it? Romeu remains invisible. He might just be a myth at this point. There's nothing on that bench to come and change things for us. Let's hope the starting 11 don't let it come to that.

Bad line up, what the hell, Cahill didn't even play against Benfica and he isn't playing now?... good joke that. Also Mata needs a rest, he shouldn't be playing, i would of sat him out for this, for his sake, we need this guy back on form as quick as possible.

Bad line up? i think it's pretty good.

Official site says that Drogba is unavailable, guessing there is some slight injury,

I am little bit concerned about Mata playing, he should get some rest. If leading after half-time substitute him with Essien.

Not a lot of attacking options on the bench. WTF Di Matteo, where is Lukaku? Would have though he'd at least make the bench now that Drogba was unavailable. Mata, Luiz, Cole etc. should be rested as well.

Not happy with that lineup at all and if we don't get the 3 points it's all for nothing and it makes competing in the Champions League and the FA Cup much harder when players are tired.